Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 11:28

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 179/179/145 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy41
I've been on Atkins, and losing slowly. The things I miss are not bad things; white bread and potatoes don't tempt me, but skim milk, tabouli, berries and yogurt, an apple now and then would make me feel much more "normal." ...

That is why I switched. I am so looking forward to having an apple without feeling like I blew my diet. ANd I am so enjoying Hummus. ANd I bought all the fixings for bean soups. I really & truely missed them.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 11:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc

I'm very strict on grains in general and rarely have a cereal at breakfast....but thats just me and some can, I can't.

I was thinking , that when I can finally have it , I dont think I will for breakfast ( maybe very occasionally). Anytime in the past , if I have cereal for breakfast , Im starving all day . So I am scared to do it now. Tho maybe an oatmeal w/ a scrambled egg wouldnt be so bad. But Im talking cold cereal.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 11:34

BF:

Ya know what scares me? Low fat mayonaisse. I was going to buy some at the store when I went shooping ,but all the lower fat mayo had so much extra weirdness in it that I got scared. Sugar , cornsyrup , chemicals. So I figured , for the amount of mayo I actually eat anyway, I will just use teeny spots of real stuff. Tho I think next kind I buy will be the canola oil one.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 12:26
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaD10
Ya know what scares me? Low fat mayonaisse. I was going to buy some at the store when I went shooping ,but all the lower fat mayo had so much extra weirdness in it that I got scared. Sugar , cornsyrup , chemicals. So I figured , for the amount of mayo I actually eat anyway, I will just use teeny spots of real stuff. Tho I think next kind I buy will be the canola oil one.

Actually, real mayo is what is preferred on SB...use as little as possible when you do use it.

When you eat cereal, as you've surmised, be sure to have a protein like an egg with it....the fat in the egg will slow the digestion.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-07, 12:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Actually, real mayo is what is preferred on SB...use as little as possible when you do use it.

Well thats good to know! I found a recipe in an old Betty Crocker book for mock mayo. Its made with yogurt & just a table spoon of mayo & some other stuff ( no sugar). ONly 15 cals pre tbsp. Im gonna make it & if its good I will share.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-07, 21:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/126/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi! My name is Pam and I am new here. I was doing a search for low carb recipes and found this board!
I started SB on Sept. 7 and I have lost 10 lbs. so far.
I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs. Actually my doctor strongly recommended SBD because my cholesteral is high.

I did WW in 2006 and lost weight, but couldn't maintain it and gained some of the weight back, so here I am now, low carbing and loving it!
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 08:03
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam4
Hi! My name is Pam and I am new here. I was doing a search for low carb recipes and found this board!
I started SB on Sept. 7 and I have lost 10 lbs. so far.
I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs. Actually my doctor strongly recommended SBD because my cholesteral is high.

I did WW in 2006 and lost weight, but couldn't maintain it and gained some of the weight back, so here I am now, low carbing and loving it!

Welcome Pam!!

I hope that you've found our recipe thread here. We've got a lot of good ones.

Good job on your inital weight loss...I wish you success in getting to your goal weight.

One thing that I realized as I lost my weight was that I would need to find substitutes for my favorite foods if I was going to make this a permanant life style switch. I've been able to do this and now have many favorite foods that fit into the guidleines of the SBD and am happily maintaining my weight loss for almost 2 yrs now.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 15:03

Stats: 148/126/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 79%

Thank you Judy!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 16:39
Registered Member

Stats: 240/233.2/199 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Another Newbie!

Hi there!

My name is Kim, and I'm new to South Beach.

My doctor recommended this diet for me because I need to lose weight due to arthritis pain. I have it in my lower spine...

Day two, and I'm doing all right... I think!
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 16:44
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish.eyes
Hi there!

My name is Kim, and I'm new to South Beach.

My doctor recommended this diet for me because I need to lose weight due to arthritis pain. I have it in my lower spine...

Day two, and I'm doing all right... I think!

Welcome to the Beach Kim!!
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 22:54

Stats: 162/132/135 Female 5.5
BF:35%/22%/22.5%
Progress: 111%

Hi Everyone,

I am TNbelle (from Tennessee of course), I have been on and off the SBD for about 2 years, but in August of this year (after becoming the largest I have ever been), I decided to take the diet seriously. Over the past 3 months I have lost about 22 pounds. I am so happy. I am approaching my high school weight and it will feel really good to walk across the stage in May (college graduation) looking my absolute best. Now that I am about to enter into phase 3, I feel as if I need more support than ever. Lately, I have been on a lot of websites, and I really enjoyed reading the articles and forums here. I am ready to learn and help!
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 23:24

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Welcome, Kim and TNbelle! I wish you great success!
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 12:59

Stats: 200/186/140 Female 5' 2"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 23%

Hi everyone:

I already posted my intro as a newbie - but not sure where I did that! Ha ha. Wow, this will take some getting used to, finding my way around this site / forum. Such great info though and wonderful support and interesting inspiring people. I figure if I spend as much time learning how to navigate this site as I have eatiing over the years I should do ok

Looking forward to doing the SBD and learning from everyone.

Cheers,
Ms. A.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Nov-18-07, 13:06
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms A
Hi everyone:

I already posted my intro as a newbie - but not sure where I did that! Ha ha. Wow, this will take some getting used to, finding my way around this site / forum. Such great info though and wonderful support and interesting inspiring people. I figure if I spend as much time learning how to navigate this site as I have eatiing over the years I should do ok

Looking forward to doing the SBD and learning from everyone.

Cheers,
Ms. A.

Welcome!!

Yes, the site itself is large and can be intimidating at first. I spent a few weeks coming here daily, before I finally started to know my way around.

That was 3 1/2 yrs ago and this site has enabled me to lose all my weight and keep it off for the past 2 yrs!!

I wish you success!!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 05:32
Registered Member

Stats: 168.5/157.5/135 Female 5'7"
BF:

Welcome, Ms A! This is a great site indeed, and you'll find your favorite places, as we all have. Folks are friendly and helpful around here, as you've probably already found. Happy posting!
Closed Thread