Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 10:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%
Default Prodigal returns--reintroducing myself..

Hello everyone, I was a regular here for about a year, but havent been seriously following a plan for months. As a result, gained back all I had lost and a few more, So here I am , looking for support to start all over. Its kinda embarrassing,,,,
I am committed this time, and am on the third day of induction. SO far I have lost 11 pounds, so that lets me know that some of this is water.
ANyhow, give me some support. I tried a few other forums and sites, but they werent the same. You all are the best!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 10:24
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

Welcome Back!!!

You know you came to the right place. The folks here on the board will help you get throught this tough time of re-induction. Good for you loosing 11 lbs already. I hope that means that you will continue to loose at a steady rate.

Godd Luck!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 10:59

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Welcome!! I am in Anderson not too far from ya!

Welcome to the boards!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:59
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%

Welcome back MusicMama..... sounds like you are off to a great new start! GOOD LUCK!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 15:05

Stats: 197/176/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi MusicMama -- you are picking yourself up and going at it the right way! Yes, this site rocks!! I've been doing this for a short time but I can really tell that it's the best way.

It's tough to gain back a lot that you lost but you have to look forward and realize that you can either stay in your old habits and let the time pass or do this wonderful thing for yourself. Either way, the time will pass but choosing this way, you will be much much happier! Go, Mama, Go!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 18:07
California Dreamin

Stats: 230/150/150 Female 5'8"
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 100%

Welcome back!! I know you can do this especially because you did it before!! Remember it gets better and better!!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 20:23

Wow!! You guys are on the ball!! Thanks for the fast replies!! It really helps !!
So far so good, I am in ketosis, moderatly, but thats about all I ever showed no matter how few carbs I eat. So, I am happy with that!
Drinking my water too, gotta get on that bike in a few minutes . Gonna reread the book while I pedal, that will surely inspire me.
I am going back to work after being off for three weeks being with my daughter who just had a baby. I only work three days a week in a bookstore but at least I am moving. While I was away, all we did was sit and vegitate, waiting for baby. Thats how I gained so much.
Now I am trying to stay mobile as much as possible, been spring cleaning! That is definately exercise!!
Thanks for the kind words and the welcome, looking forward to hearing from you all!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 06:44

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Welcome back, Musicmama!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:53

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome back Musicmama!

I am a prodigal child as well although I managed to gain back 40 pounds! It works just as well the next time I promise you. Admitting it is the first step then you just hop back on and keep going!

Orchid
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:57

Stats: 252/249/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Welcome back!

Same story here - went off for a few months and gained it all back. Sigh.

Started again this Monday. It's actually much easier the second time around - you don't make the same mistakes you made the first time. It's never a breeze, but still - easier.

Good luck!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 23:27

Whew, I feel better already!! You guys are great!!
Glad to see your post Orchid!! Guess we fell off about the same time!! We can do this!!
Patigayle, I liked your quote!!! I am gonna post that up somewhere where I wont forget it!!
Hey ya'll, how often do you weigh?? SOme of us were talking at church about how fickle the scale is, and how we can become a slave to it. I was just wondering, I have been weighing every day cause I am so anxious to get this off....
Keep posting!!!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 06:53
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

musicmama -

I weigh every morning, naked after using the bathroom. I only weigh once a day and I do not obsess no matter what it says. I use it as a measuring tool to tell me how well I am doing, or if I need to work harder. Some folks need to avoid the scale and only weigh once per week. And remember, sometimes the scale does not move but inches change so be sure to measure yourself now and every week.

Again, Welcome and Good Luck!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 22:48

I weigh every morning too, before i dress. It has been a wek back on track today, and 14 pounds off so far!!! I am excited!
This works if ya work it!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 20:31
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi musicmama!

Welcome back!! Hope you remember me -- I play a church organ and talked awhile ago about it with you. So glad you have picked yourself up and are ready to give this your all!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 09:46

Default Prodigal returns

Yes I remember you Hummelda!! I was glad to see your post...i feel more relaxed knowing I have "old" friends out there who have had the same problems I have!!
So far I am doing great. I hated Easter though, cause I had that new suit that I got last year hanging in the closet and I couldnt wear it. I didnt buy anything new this year cause I have gained and it would be a waste of maney, so I wore one of my old "fat" outfits. Got a lot of compliments on it but that was because the outfit itself was pretty, i sure didnt feel pretty in it and couldnt wait to get home and get it off!! I thought, thats the last time for that one!!! My daughter bought me sugar free candy, so I didnt crave the real stuff.
I need to get some good recipes, so I am going hunting on the forums today for some. That was one of my problems I think, I got inot a rut eating the same things.
We went out to eat after church the other night, went to O'Charleys,,and I was thrilled to see when I turned the menu over that they have a low carb menu!!! Every entree on there tells you the carb count!! I had the bacon three cheese burger with broccoli ...I forget the total count but it was low and it was delicious! I for one am thankful for the "Carb craze" as everyone calls it, cause it has caused the restaurants to sit up and take notice! Thats a great help to us!!
Well, off to make breakfast. and omelet I think!
Catch ya all later!!! have a great day!