Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 13:59

Plan: Temporary Reduction
Stats: 185/185/180 Male 6'2
BF:
Progress:
Default Low Carb & High Intensity Sprinting and Sports

Hey everyone, I did a bunch of searches with these terms: sports, sprint, exercise, workouts, high intensity, and found some general information but I'd like to know if anyone is a real working example of this:

Once you become very fat adapted can you perform well with high intensity sprinting sports like soccer? I'll define low carb as less than 50 grams a day. Anyone have some real world experience with this? I read a guy who did triathlons on low carb, but that's not really burst sprinting as much as it is endurance.

I'm not sure I'm going to even try this but I'm trying to do some research to see if I want to.

thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-12, 22:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

How long is your soccer game? I do high-intensity Crossfit-type training for an hour to an hour and half, right up to my maximum heart rate. We do running sprints, weights, all kinds of intervals. I have been doing this for nearly a year, very low carb, with no problems whatsoever. Just stay very well hydrated.