Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 06:24

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

Pam you are too funny
I would think any movement would be good. And I hate exercise too. It's actually getting started I hate. I always seem to not be able to find the time or energy and that is the pits,considering how good I will feel once I do it.
Surfnmom,I give you a big hug and now you don't need to feel sorry for yourself anymore,ok? I also heard a vigorous work out doesn't work along with the Atkins. Who knows why either. I need to get my tapes back out too.
hugs for you..
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:06
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

I did the 2 mile video today. Yeah! That makes two days in row.

I noticed that I get a better workout (at least feel like a better workout) with the 2 mile video than the 3 mile video. Maybe I don't push myself as hard witht he 3 mile video because I know it is a longer video.

Keep on walking!
  #153   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:00
Contributing Member

BF:

Hey, where is everyone? am I walking by myself?

I did the 3 mile video today. Feeling pretty good. Really getting into the workout habit. I still have to tell myself a few times get going...and "make" myself do it. I am hoping in the next few days,(maybe it will take a couple of weeks) that it will become routine for me to do the videos.
  #154   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 10:29

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

yea patchlady

Great going. I'm still here, will start walking again Monday. Took some time off the workouts to get my eating under control.

see you monday
cheryl
  #155   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 11:20
Contributing Member

BF:

I think I asked this question before, but does anyone use a pedometer daily to check how many steps they take in day?
I would like to start a thread for pedometer users where they can log in their steps for the day.

My official "step off" is going to start on Monday Jan 5th.
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:42

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Pedometer challenge

Here is a very popular Pedometer challenge:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=115221
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 12:48
Contributing Member

BF:

Thanks for the link. I wil join up with everyone in that thread. Didn't want to start one if there was already one started. I just didn't know where to look!

Thanks!
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 03:07

BF:

Good monday morning eveyone
Did my 2 mile, and it felt great after 10 days off. this time will stick with the walking tape through my wht loss, and then bring back the weights when I am at goal. I can be sooo compulsive.

Patchlady I wish I had a pedometer, many years ago when I checked them out they were pricey. Wht are they running (cost wise) these days if you don't mind me asking? will also go check out the pedometer challenge thread

Have a good day allllllllll
Cheryl
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 05:19
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi Cheryl, I bought mine about 3 years ago, it was $34.00 (with shipping I think) I got mine from www.digiwalker.com I saw it in the Prevention Magazine. I think there are a few other tpyes out there at are a bit cheaper. I think Prevention magazine is now pushing a pedometer from www.walkerwarehouse.com for about $19.95
I love it! it is a nice reminder having it on my waist telling me keep moving!!!

I am soooo excited...I asked my hubby to look into the getting the picture in a picture working on our tv so I can do the walking videos and still watch the morning show. Well, after 1.5 hours...and alot of swearing..lol it is done. Our TV setup isn't the easiest to work with. The TV is in in a corner cabinet, and very hard to move. So now he put the guilt trip on me that I better use the picture in a picture to do my walking videos.

I didn't do a video yesterday. But today is my official step off. I am going to do a video everyday this week, and also try to hit 10,000-12,000 steps each day.
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 06:03

BF:

Well Patchlady,glad you got the picture in the picture to work. that sounds like a good idea.
Again another day without exercising. I did alot of heavey lifting yesterday moving and arranging things.So my hips are really hurting. Guess I'll make a point to walk more at work.
Plus it is cold and I just wanted to say under my heating blanket
  #161   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 06:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i'm still here! i have been doing the curves workout, but not managing to walk at home! i also have been lazy about counting my carbs, so i have got to reform my ways!....no time better than today!
  #162   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 06:31
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi Jackie...I know what you mean about the cold. We get very nasty winters here. That doesn't help to motivate me to get moving. On very cold snowy days, I like to sit by the fire and do nothing.
That attitude will have to change if i want to lose any weight this year.
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 04:17

BF:

Good morning everyone

yep the cold is here burrrrrrr. After I did my 2 miles this morning, grabed my husbands long johns and put them on.

Jackie if I had a heating blanket, my kids would be stealing it and wraping up in it to play computer or watch tv LOL. This house we moved into does not have forced heat, just one big vent in the foor that the heat comes out of. When we put a big den on in a few years, first thing going in new heater and central air

sjkling knew you where still out there some where LOL. This year is going to be a great one for all of us

Patchlady haven't had time yet to check out the pedometers yet. Yesterday had to go out and get all my running done. today still have a few things to get done. getting things caught back up, Seems tht when hubbie and kids are home nothing gets done around here LOL

Have a good day everyone
Cheryl
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 06:18

BF:

Patchlady, I too need to work on my attitude with exercising.
Cheryl, I just hate being cold
Now I think I am coming down with one. the coughing and stomach feeling yucky... Hope not. I started taking something right away tho.
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:10
Contributing Member

BF:

I did the 30 minute walk video, I love my picture in picture. I put on the video, start working out, and I can watch the Today Show. When a commerical comes on, I flip the video to the big screen so I can really focus on the workout. Really makes the time fly.

I also started jump roping. I got a jump rope that counts the times I jump and the duration of jumping time. I am only doing 5 minutes, but hope to work up to 10 minutes in the next few weeks.

Feeling pretty good this morning. Got my workout in (walking adn jumping) and started on my second liter of water.