Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 04:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Happy New Year and Confession!

I have to confess I have not been following the eating plan for months. I kept trying to go back to it and contantly failing. So from having got down to 70kg from 85kg I am now back to 85kg (187.5lbs) again! Very distressing.

So I had to figure out why I was being so pathetic. Once I really thought about it I knew what it was. First I stopped going to the gym and even sold my membership after two years of going regularly 3 times a week. Why stop? It was a simple break from the routine due to being away on holiday.

I kept starting to go back to low carb- (like every Monday!) but was having a few glasses of wine in the evening after work. I thought this was fine if I factored it in to my carb quota but more often than not it took away enough of my self dicipline that I would eat some carbs. and go out of ketosis.

So now I know routines are really vital to success. A set time for the gym is necessary, an appointment that takes precedence over other things. For me that time is before work because there is nothing else that can get in the way once I am out of bed! Getting out of bed is hard whether it is at 6.00am or 7.00am -you cant tell the difference.

I know how to do it right and all that is left is remembering that I want to. The pleasure of eating and drinking is very short but the pleasure of good health is more lasting.

So there is my confession and this year I will regain my fitness and trim away all those kilograms. One thing I did keep doing though was visiting this site- it helped me to keep the ultimate goal in mind and reading other peoples struggles and tips has helped me to get back on the wagon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 12:36

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hi! I don't see you as being "pathetic" for your lapse but just human. Congratulations for being a bunch of good things, too--smart, clear in analyzing what went wrong for you, and being ready to get back with your way of eating now rather than later still! IMHO, if we learn from our lapses, they are just another part of our WOL, a good thing, not a bad one.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 20:50

Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

Thanks Razzle- it is people like you that make a difference. You are right we do learn from our lapses -pity we can't just learn from other peoples's!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 21:50

Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Just my 2-cents...

Hi there,

I know the holiday foods and this WOL can be hard. Sounds like you did very well before! Just get your mind set back. You can't succeed at anything in life, unless you give it 100% effort. I know I wouldn't be where I am today without having my mind-set and goals in place before started this journey.
Just take it one day at a time. You've done it before, you CAN do it again!
Just watch what your eating for now, when your ready to start at 100% effort again, then go for it. Take the break you need to regroup and re-evaluate.
What I did was, looked at myself, wasn't happy with what I saw. Know I want to change this and then commit to this WOL.
The only person that can make a change in myself is . . . me.
Keep reading the posts of all these wonderful people here at this site, they will give you the motivation you need. These folks here are great.
Good luck in your quest for a better you,
John
PS: In regards to the am-gym you were doing, AM workouts or cartio is the best for you. Charges up you body and gives you a boost all day, as apposed from going at night and then a few hours later, most of us are sitting on our buts. You get body running for the whole day when doing the morning workout.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:31
Registered Member

Stats: 222/217/160
BF:
Progress: 8%

Dear eebee;

Please don't whipp yourself..... Life is just to short......
Just get on that ban wagon and hold on honey cause with all of our help you will be going for a ride...a new life of healthyness
and feeling and looking slimmer...
Your miracle is just around the corner hold on a little longer