Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-16, 17:33
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%
Default new thyroid results made me cry

I saw my dr on 3/22/16 was told I'm probably hyperthyroid and she dropped my medication from 75 mcg T4 to 50 mcg T4. I insisted on getting a blood test, I was just barely starting to feel a bit better.

Free T4 0.39 range: 0.70 - 1.75 LOW
Free T3 105 range: 71 - 180 Normal
Tsh 0 like always

TPO Antibodies: 10 range 0-34 normal
Thyrotropin Receptor <0.05 range 0-1.75 Normal

This is what she's calling hyperthyroidism. What preceded my heart problems was the guy I live with telling me he wanted to do violent things to me, and he was shaking with rage when he said it. I haven't slept at all several nights for fear of what he may do to me. I haven't been able to pay rent, disability payments are messed up.

She never even called and told me you don't have to cut your medication. Here I am dying of fatigue. I looked back at all my records, shes been my dr since january 26 2015, when I was a normal weight and I've been low the whole time since she put me on 25mcg T4. I even told her on the 22nd that my am temp was 96.6 and she said I must have misread the thermometer and it was really 98.6. Even on my best thyroid times my temp might make it up to 98.0.

I can't get into ketosis, eat sugar and drink tons of coffee because I'm so tired all the time.

Shes fired! Now I want to do violent things (not really).

This explains so much. I have the tendency to make rt3 so I don't know what my real T3 number might be.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-16, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Oh, kiddo. I would fire her, too. And doctors who disrespect what you say to them? If she works in a clinic, I'd report her.

And while I was at it, I would talk to the the medical licensing board about her misdiagnosing you for over a year, and the issues you've had because of it.

Maybe contact a malpractice attorney...that'd be a way to get some money...JK, but really, she's a danger to the community.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 12:38
Registered Member

Thanks for your input MickiSue, things just seem to be getting worse by the day.

Part of my lawsuit is that I have an anaphylactic allergy to a pesticide, my company told me they use no pesticides. EPA investigated and found they have a contract with a pesticide company and the one I"m allergic to was used. My dr had tried to have me put on workers comp before the foot injury.

My roommate knows all this. I noticed pesticide smell on Monday in the corner of the house where my food is. That's the first day I went to the dr because my heart was weird. Went back to the dr Tuesday, I was pale and weak and heart felt really bad. On Wed I realized my nose was hugely swollen, day I got the threatening note, also the day the phone and internet were turned off at our house. Thurs he told me he would do violent things. Friday was the party I left sick and weak. I realized last night I could smell the pesticide in my bathroom, kitchen corner, and outside my bedroom.

Why oh why won't the state pay me?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 15:13

Is it his house? Because you need to go to the police.

He is trying to kill you, and you need a safe place to stay, and he needs to be in jail.

THEN you need an order for protection to keep him away from you.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 16:54
Registered Member

They changed my online lab for free t4 to 0.76 Normal

Under diagnosis I have Graves disease and am having thyroid storm.

I'm guessing this is because I had a concussion as a kid and my TSH has always been 0. Wow this clinic is really, really odd. They will probably now take me off all thyroid medication to save my life. I'm 10 miles from walmart in mexico, where you don't need a prescription to get anything but antibiotics, unfortunately Mexico doesn't have armour.

I know MickiSue, I've called the police until he actually tries to follow thru on his threats and hurts me they won't do anything. Wouldn't even make a report. I went to the Sheriff's office but their closed until Monday. I'm working with a social worker for a month but there is no shelters open. The domestic violence people had me send roommate an email to cease and desist threatening me. I've asked the next door neighbors to keep their ears and eyes open. I've asked relatives, friends, church no one would even let me throw up a tent in their backyard. One lady told me I needed to learn to forgive him. I'll start working on that as soon as he actually hurts me.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 20:27

He is hurting you, nawchem. He's putting pesticides in your food.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-16, 18:17
Registered Member

Default nightmare?

Tomorrow I start my new lower dose of synthroid. It just doesn't seem real to me that a dr would do this.

My results on this dose were T4 0.39
normal range 0.70 - 1.53

she's purposely making my thyroid low! I don't get it. She also prescribed a betablocker to make my thyroid go lower and as a bonus it causes diabetes!

I've been taking my temperature at least 6x/day. It only goes to 98.0 degrees if I add T3.

I found 2 drs in my area, just for general or family but they weren't taking new patients and they charge $200 /visit. So I guess I will have to make do for a while. I found several copies of old thyroid tests going back to 2003 that show my TSH 0. But, I'm at the point of thinking shes such a twit I can hardly stand the thought of ever seeing her again. My pituitary tests too.

I'm thinking my adrenals may be ok since my temp has been 97.18 everyday but one (then 96.80, when I got up early on Easter). My temp goes lower but has gone up by the time I'm really done sleeping.

well, any thoughts or ideas - I'm interested.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-16, 19:45

What is keeping you in that small town, with no help, no people who want to help you, and at least one who actively wants to hurt you?

If you move to a larger city, there are more facilities, more choices of doctors under the ACA, and it's not like you can't continue to press for your disability payments if you are not physically in the same town as the asshats who are breaking the law by not paying it.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 09:33
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Under diagnosis I have Graves disease and am having thyroid storm.

Well, they can't diagnose Graves disease without doing the antibody test. Have they done that? I must say that some of the things you've listed sound like hyperthyroid. Heart rhythm weirdness is one. My heart would pound like crazy. At night I could hear/feel every heartbeat. My temper was hair-trigger. It was the first and only time I've ever thrown anything in a fit of anger. :\ The heart thing can also occur with low thyroid, but it is typically associated with Graves.

Have you talked to an attorney about your disability payments? They often take these cases based on getting a % of your back disability payment.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 18:14
Registered Member

Nancy do you know off hand which one is the graves test? Shes run about 8 antibody tests all came back normal. My diagnosis changed sometime this week to thyrocoxotosis, not sure what it means exactly.

I have mitral valve prolapse, leaky heart valve thing a majigger. Especially when my thyroid is unhappy my heart lets me know. Its worked both ways with me hyper and hypo. For some reason on T3 only therapy my whole body was extremely strong and I felt really well. It was only that my real thyroid doc said I should have a little T4 in case of emergency like earth quake or something because the T3 in vitro would run down pretty fast that I even considered changing.

My lawyer could care less about disability he wants to settle my case and say goodbye to his pain in the (neck), I mean foot client.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 18:21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
What is keeping you in that small town, with no help, no people who want to help you, and at least one who actively wants to hurt you?

If you move to a larger city, there are more facilities, more choices of doctors under the ACA, and it's not like you can't continue to press for your disability payments if you are not physically in the same town as the asshats who are breaking the law by not paying it.

Think of New York City, kind of like my town it has a bunch of little towns but still uses the New York City government. The section of town I live in doesn't pay local taxes so it has a few less government things, unfortunately low cost housing is one of them.

The only thing keeping me from moving is money. No one wants to rent to a person with no income and their injured. The only thing keeping me from settling the case is that I've had no medical help for almost a year and there is a possibility I may need surgery. I'd like to know where this injury is going before I settle, dr has said I need physical therapy and walking boot but insurance just won't pay. I'm up to being able to drive a mile but its still a big setback to drive much more.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-16, 18:25
Registered Member

MickiSue I filed the complaint today. I felt pretty good doing it. I also asked for a new dr which I am seeing tomorrow. Now I'll find out if its the practice or the person keeping my thyroid low.

My thyroid gland is still swollen. It happened once before when my thyroid was low and it went away when my medication was increased.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-16, 07:24

If you can find a city where you can get emergency housing and emergency cash (they do exist) then you have two of your biggest hurdles dealt with.

I realize it's on the other side of the country, but DC has excellent Medicaid.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-16, 12:58
Registered Member

New doctor pretty cool, she is switching me to armour!! She said other patients have said they don't absorb the synthetics well. She left it to me about the dosage. Starting at 1 grain with the option to increase to 2 grains. Have appointment with endo, and took a bunch of tests for celiac today.

I didn't think it would work out so well! Was worth the extra effort!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-16, 13:44

Finally! Some good news for you!