Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 15:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/215/130
BF:
Progress: 19%
Unhappy Stall

Ive been on a stall for about 3 weeks is this normal? Should I go back on Induction..It is starting to make me feel a bit down and wonder why am I doing this..(Ive stuck to program 100%) thanks for any imput,
Smore
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 17:28

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Smore.....

There are so many details that I'd need to know before I could tell if you are truly in a stall.

It's not unusual for our bodies to take breaks from the weight loss from time to time, just to adjust. It's completely normal and happens to most of us. I have experienced it myself several times. Most likely, it's nothing to worry about, and only a problem because it gets you down.

Is it possible for you to post a few of your menus, complete with carb and calorie counts?

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 17:51

BF:
Smile thanks

Ive never kept a jornal of what Ive eaten,
Ill start on tomorow and Ill get back to u..I apprecitate your time,
Smore
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-16-02, 18:02

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi again......

If you haven't already discovered it, fitday.com is a resource that many of us here in the forum use. It's excellent in helping to track food.

I'd like to make another suggestion...Start a journal here in the forum. It's the best way to get information and inspiration. The forum originates in Vancouver and we even get together from time to time for coffee and/or dinner.

How to start a journal infomation can be found here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/announce...?s=&forumid=110

HTH
Marlaine
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 15:29

BF:
Default wow

wow that fitday is real great tool. everything is worked out for you..Thanks for passing me along and in a couple days ill share a daily food jornal with you to get some idea..thanx again.
Smore
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 11:53

BF:
Default my stall

Well I figured out the possible reason for my stall...I've been eating Velveeta cheese. I read the carb amount but it didn't hit home till I did my food journal on fitday..wow..I've been having aprox 16 carbs a day just the cheese..that's not taking into account the other carbs I was eating...I've been over 20 a day or more..I thought I was in 10-15 a day..they add up quickly..
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 17:49
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Smore!!

20-25 carbs a day is the level where you should be, anyway. However, the extra carbs should be coming from vegetables, ok? You are not in a stall in the classic sense, your body is simply making some adjustments to these new metabolic tricks you've asked it to perform. If you poke around a great deal on these boards, you'll see that there are MANY who lose weight in chunks at one time. No loss for weeks and then BAM! 3 lbs. gone overnight. Mine is pretty steady, but very slow.... about 1.5-2 lbs. per MONTH! But I'm enjoying this WOE, I feel good, I can stick to this plan and I'm not in a huge hurry. The slower the weight loss the better it is for my metabolism and more likely it is to STAY off. And besides, what's my alternative?

You're doing fine.... just keep using fitday, relax and work the plan so that it becomes one you can live with for a lifetime!! Start experimenting with new recipes and visit this board often!! We're glad you're here!