Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 04:51

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default Women, Low-Fat Diets & Heart Disease w/ Nina Teicholz

A new video interview with Mike Mutzel of High Intensity Health.

Women, Low-Fat Diets & Heart Disease w/ Nina Teicholz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX4...eature=youtu.be

Most of us have heard Nina speak about this in many presentations since her book was published...but a great interview that covers a lot of ground, good intro, rest of interview starts at minute 6.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 07:07

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

This interview with Teicholz is excellent. Thanks, Janet, for the link. I'm now a subscriber to High Intensity Health.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 07:19

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBvQKaSbM&t=2863s

Another one touching on the same subject, with Sarah Hallberg. I watched yesterday, also pretty good.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 08:54

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My anger soars at how we have been manipulated like lab mice.

WIthout the good fats like found in cheeses and grass fed butter, the body lacks the essential nutrientes to have a healthy body. Cheeses contain calcium, vit A, vit K and these build healther bones and teeth, and keeps the calcium out of the veins and such..... as I have read recently ( Dr Steven Lin) the calcium goes into the wrong organs without the K2.....

The labeling on all our products are advertising ploys. Reach out to the local producers for grassfed beef, pork and lamb. Lamb almost never goes into a feed lot. A farmer in VT has bred hogs to be grass eaters-- those products are available from the Bershires in Mass up thru Vermont, delivered fresh weekly.

Good link---thanks Janet.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 04:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

His videos are also available as Podcasts, how I subscribe to HIH and keep up with all Mike's content (thanks to teaser)

From Shawn Baker, Recipe to build a government food guidelines plate!

1- start with healthy base of commercial interest
2- add in political agenda
3- season with cherry picked epidemiology
4- serve warm and provide pharmaceuticals for dessert
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 07:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
From Shawn Baker, Recipe to build a government food guidelines plate!

1- start with healthy base of commercial interest
2- add in political agenda
3- season with cherry picked epidemiology
4- serve warm and provide pharmaceuticals for dessert

Those are the right ingredients along with suspension of common sense and skepticism. Not sure we have been manipulated as much as victims of cognitive dissonance surrounding damaging epidemiological claims that have nothing to do with the reality of human health. It's been a perfect storm with an ample seasoning of ego and greed sprinkled liberally. The Ansel Keys to the T. Colin Campbells & Walt Willets, a never-ending tradition of passing the baton to the next "expert" claiming truths about unfounded, unsubstantiated suppositions. People love experts exuding confidence because when the experts dispense this "knowledge," many feel they no longer need to be responsible for their own learning and decision making. "Conventional wisdom" is very dangerous to adopt without thorough examination.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 07:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBvQKaSbM&t=2863s

Another one touching on the same subject, with Sarah Hallberg. I watched yesterday, also pretty good.

Another excellent interview. Thanks, teaser.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 12:47

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Just finished watching this vid yesterday ('cuz it's over an hour long). Some of the things she related to the interviewer made me really angry. I'd heard some of it before, but...

The outright suppression and burying of evidence, the chilling effect on scientific discovery, the outright ruin of careers... and the countless girls and women whose health was ruined by following official advice as to what to eat to keep them healthy... due in large part to the promotion and implementation of policies based on this UNPROVEN hypothesis: a hypothesis that was never tested on women (who make up over HALF the population) AT ALL prior to implementation! If it's the right advice for adult men, well, it must also be the right advice for girls and women, even though we haven't studied the effect of such a diet on those populations. Right? It boggles the mind. Outrageous. Infuriating.

To this DAY the U.S Gov't (via the Dept. of Agriculture) is promoting that Girls, starting at age 4, through puberty and throughout their ENTIRE adult lives, eat 5 to 6 oz equivalents of grain products every day. For me, this would mean eating substantial amounts of grain products at EVERY MEAL. It is also MORE than the weight equivalents recommended for protein.

Every female in this country, whether she's in kindergarten or someone's great grandmother, is told to eat 4 to 5 oz equivalents of protein. Not per meal, per DAY. Oh, and it should be lean protein. The page on protein actually shows a bowl of beans & veggies with a serving of cornbread as a good example.

Choose My Plate Guidelines for grains - updated as recently as 2017!

We tried to fix this the last time official guidelines were reviewed. We really did. It was less than 5 years ago, wasn't it?

Thank goodness for pioneers like Dr. Atkins. And for scientific warriors like Nina, who have the courage to stand by their scientific findings, regardless of the consequence.

Thank you for posting the link.