Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

It's by the flavored waters. There are many different flavors, but this "special" one is called citrus energy burst. I think part of the flavor is from the guarana, b/c in Brazil, they use it to help flavor a lot of their diet drinks. It supposedly takes about an hour to kick in. I feel it right away, but it's the caffeine at first I think, and I feel a lot better once the other stuff gets going. I'm hooked
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 12:47

Song-Yes, you definitely need to treat yourself after tackling that bedroom!

Elaine-Have fun with the new tapes and the pool. I'm about to do some lazing by the pool myself in couple minutes. My new Winsor Pilates tapes just came in the mail the other day. Unfortunately, they mailed the resistance band separately, so I haven't tried most of the yet. I did do the upper body one though, which suggests 1 or 2 lb weights, which I do not have. I did it without, and I still felt it a bit

Lissette-Yes, there are lots of Fruit2O, but the energy one is the only one with the extra "stuff" in it. I find mine at Meijer. They carry Fruit2O at Walmart, but don't have the energy one there. I also went to the website and it can be ordered online.

Bawdy-I'm curious to how you guys will respond to it. My DBF feels NOTHING from it, but he is a huge coffee drinker. I wasn't drinking any caffeine before this, so maybe I feel it more than others would. I don't think it's the caffeine that I really like, though, b/c caffeine shoots me up and brings me right back down. The guarana is different. It keeps me going all day long, in more balanced, steady way.

The pool beckons. Talk to you all later!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 14:27

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

hello all how have you been?
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 15:33

Yikes!!!! I am seriously disheartened here. I was doing some surfing on the main board here and came across the thread about combining lowcarb and WW points. Someone posted a link to the amount of points in various restaurant items. Many of the restaurants also included total calories and carbs. All I can say is no wonder I gain weight when I go out to eat, even when I think I am making good choices.

A nice 10 oz sirloin as I so often get is in the ballpark of 500 calories, and that's the lean piece of meat.

The really sad one was when I found my favorite cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, which I had a couple times while doing CAD. It has 900 calories and 90g carbs. No wonder I felt like I was going to explode afterwards and gained. I'm lucky I only gained 3 lbs in 3 months the way I was eating those reward meals. I probably averaged over 2000 calories each dinner along. Gross!!

Ok, just had to get that off my chest. It doesn't seem like there is anything SAFE to get while going out
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 15:38

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I've been reading with interest the comments on the energy drink. Have any of you tried taking guarana supplements? I thought there were such things, and if the drinks seem to help, maybe the supplements would be good, too?

I've had brain fuzz and poozly energy all day, wish I had one of these drinks at hand! LOL

Lene'
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 15:48

Lene,
When I looked up guarana, I found that there are sites that sell it in supplement form. There are strict dosage recommendations to maximize effects and avoiding overdoing it as well.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 15:51

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hmmm, will have to look into this. I want to give the drink a try, if I can find it. <g> I think a drink my son loves to take to his computer LAN get-togethers (BAWLS is what it is called) also has the guarana, but I think his drink also had lots of sugar. <g>

Lene'
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 20:08
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 200/165/140 Female 65
BF:more than needed
Progress: 58%

Dawn, thanks for starting up the thread. It sure was nice to catch up without having to jump between several different threads. Stick with things and you will be back at things soon. Remember how before your camping your were battling and then after things just started working? I am to afraid to get a tatoo. THe thought of sticking needles in me unnerves me. It was bad enough having an epidural when I had kids and unfortunately the last one the doctor stuck me three time before he got it right.

Bawdy, hopefully the traffic will get better. How long is the construction project for? I know in Wisconsin summer is construction season. Oh, yeah size 10??? I would love to see those numbers in my closet ( Well, I do have an 8 from years ago. It was a classic dress which I wore before I got married. I keep it there as a dream. Yes, it is black, just not little.)

Song, I love the way a tight new pair of jeans makes me feel. I keep asking my husband if how I look in the mirror is a skinny as I think. He keeps telling me I'm getting skinny. I love this feeling

My official weigh in is tomorrow but I have been weighing more frequently because I upped my carbs and I want to keep a handle on things. Today I was a 167 which I was excited about since TOM came last night. I am feeling really bloated and crampy so that made me feel good.

I started a seven day cheat free challenge. I have been doing well with this and really feel like I am in control again. I have been working on all my goals for this week so I hope it pays off. If the scale doesn't show anything that is okay because I gave myself a kick in the butt.

Dawn, my friend recommended an essential oil for my cramping. I think it is called Witch's devil. Do you use them or know much about them? She gave me a small sample I think it helps some, but I am not sure where to get them. Just wondering if you have any info?

Hope everyone else is well. Will try to visit tomorrow leaving town on Friday for the holiday.

Therese
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 20:18
Registered Member

Ladies, I have tried the Lime Fruit H2O and it was too sweet for me. I can't believe I am saying that but it was. I really enjoy Crystal Light. I was out reading another thread and they were discussing that Crystal Light has carbs in it for the powder. My powder reads 0 carbs but I wasn't sure if they were counting a carb because it is sweetened with asparatame. Any thoughts? I posted on the Atkins thread but have no answer. Since I am trying to watch my counts I wanted some info. Thanks

Therese
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-04, 21:35
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI all.. just a quick float thru...It's almost midnite, and I have a busy day tomorrow. Today WAS mucho better on the richter scale, I think I have been mooned, I mean, I got my moon back.. I dont know what I mean.. LOL..

I probably wont be on much tomorrow, maybe if I get up early, I will catch up and chatter some more... but if not... I can see in my crystal ball that it won't be until friday sometime before I really get to share.. and catch up on the individual comments etc.. My first client tomorrow is at 10 am..the last one ends at 7:30... so.. will be long and busy.. which is profitable.. yes!

OH! I got tickets to go see Jeff Foxworthy given to me today =) So, gave my son one for his bday gift, and the 3 of us are going Friday evening, he is taping a new show in Atlanta.. he lives over near where we used to live before moving over here.. ( I know there, here and over where means nothing, but short of posting my address or his.. lol.. I used vague descriptive words.. ) anyhow.. he's funny, and it should be a blast.

Talk later, have a bubbly kind of day...
Dawn
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 09:17

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Feedback on protein power discussion board of eatprotein.com?

Hello, ladies (and gentlemen?),

I've been a lurker for some time, even before I switched completely over to PP from CALP several months ago. Bawdy Wench may remember me, as she was very helpful in answering a few questions I had back then.

At any rate, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the eatprotein.com Protein Power Discussion Board. I've begun to lurk there as well, and I'm tempted to begin posting with menus, challenges, and so on--but before I do, since I'm so much more familiar with this Web site and all its subforums, I thought I'd ask if anyone has had experience(s) with the community there. They seem to be a very dedicated and detail-oriented crew, which may be what I need. They seem to be knowledgeable too, but I was hoping several of you guys might have some input.

Anyway, thanks in advance--and by the way, I think your Java Room innovation is lovely! I think you've paved the way for those who haven't been a regular member of the support group to both join and post separate query threads. It's nice!

Best, Sona
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 09:24

Thurs, July 1

Therese-I think anytime an artificial sweetener is in powder form, whether it be Splenda or Aspartame, it contains a small amount of carbs. I remember when I used to have powder Splenda, the ingredients listed maltodextrin, which is obviously a sugar. The liquid form does not have to have the same additions, and therefore does not have any carbs.

Hi Sona! I remember you from my brief interlude with CAD I cannot be much help to you about the eatprotein site. I have visited there b/c I think it contains a wealth of information, especially when you are just starting on Protein Power. I have only been a visitor, though, and never posted. In the "bootcamp" area, I think they have a daily support thread, and also a place where people record their menus and how much they are exercising. I am sure they would love for you to jump right in. You are also more than welcome to post here as well
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 09:27

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Sona. I found them to be very knowledgeable but they stick pretty close to the plan. Some of us here need to tweak things a bit. I'd go out and post a few questions, see what feedback you get.

OK, goal one has been met of my five day goals: I just did my new aerobics for over 50 tape. Since I am only 3 months post surgery, it was a good workout, just a change from WATP. Remaining goals: drink water, eat clean, do my pilates tape, go swimming.

Wendy, I bought the fruit2o plus, the CVS stores around here carry it, not the grocery store, they only have the regular. I had half a bottle since I took some excedrin for a sinus migraine this AM and that also has caffiene. It helped with my workout

Elaine
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:07

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Well, I got most of Chauncey's room cleaned! I was sure tired of picking up legos and light bright pegs. I had Chauncey help me when he got home. I did work on it all day yesterday, and I hauled a lot of to the second hand store, I have one more big bag to drop off, but I want to go through another bookcase first.

I was so busy cleaning and doing laundry yesterday that I wasn't really very hungry during the day. I've been eating hamburger paties smothered with mushrooms and swiss cheese. Mmm, just hits the spot!

Lissette - it's funny, light bright pegs and legos is what I always picked up off my older boys floors when they were little, they also had a ton of action figures. Chauncey prefers hot wheel cars and chevron cars. It sure is nice to see the carpet in there. I told him I'd make him new curtains with fish fabric. I have the fabric, so I guess I'll need to get to sewing.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Hello everyone. It has been a busy morning. I did manage to get a 20 minute run in before I started the chase. Now I need to make brownies for my son's summer program tomorrow, finish the laundry, clean the house, pack some clothes for the weekend and finish my shorts I starting sewing this am. To bad I didn't like the Fruit H20 I could use the energy boost.

Weighed in this morning at 166.5 which is great especially since I got TOM this week. I have really been working at meeting my goals I set this week. It seems to be paying off. I feel good just knowing I got myself back on track and now maybe I will start losing again

Wendy, thanks for the info on Crystal Light. I try not to rely on it too much and certainly don't want to have any hidden carbs. Oh, I have increased my carb count to 40 carbs and your right. I feel a lot better and it appears that this week I have lost weight. I'll keep an eye on whether this makes it easier to lose weight.

Elaine, good job meeting your goal!!! I know it is a hard choice sometimes but the struggle is worth it in the end. Maybe you could try drinking your water in some fancy glass or something. Personally, I do better when I have a closed container where I can't see how much is left ( I think I mentally psych myself out if I see it that I can't drink that much).

Dawn, hope you get some time for yourself today. Your schedule sounds crazy. How are things with the new office space?? Did he ever call back.

Bawdy, enjoy your holiday off. Hopefully, your not driving anywhere!! Have a margarita for me ( or maybe I will have one too!! CHEERS!!!)

Hello to everyone else, Song, Unity, and anyone else I missed

Hope everyone has a lovely 4th of July. I can't wait to see the fireworks this year. It is the first time in 5 years since I have seen them. Paul my 2nd was terrified and now he seems to have adjusted to the noise level. No other fireworks, it is TOM.

Therese
Closed Thread