Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 05:56

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Sorry about your bad days

but hang in there and start again. I'm down to 179 this morning for the first time in along time. Hope this holds for tomorrow so when I average I'll show a 1 lb loss.But I think it may come just under 1 lb. I feel I'm reaching a plateau and need to switch for a few days to trick my body and then start again. Maybe like not having dessert except sf jello and not have a starchy veggie for a few. All diets I've read says when you reach a plateau You need to do something different to resume weight loss.I've also been working in my yards for the past 2 weeks getting them ready for spring and I may be building muscle . But I still love this way of life and plan to stick to it just get over the hurdle.Wawtigress
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 13:15

Plan: CALP
Stats: 180/164/120
BF:
Progress:

Congratulations on the weight loss. I like your ideas for getting off that plateau. Sounds good Wawtigress. Go for it
Joyce
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 15:13

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 134/116/115
BF:
Progress: 95%

what is CALP?
I am on the Atkins diet but not having much sucess losing weight.
Keep posting because I like reading how everyone is doing.
sallyd
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 05:26

BF:
Default Hi all

I did better than I thought when I averaged this am. I am down to 179 officially this am. The scales broke to 178 and with the averaging ,I'm at 179 now so I changed my profile. I'm still going to do atkins for the week to help my daughter along. She needs a boost and if I do it with her , she'll stick to it better.Then back to my CAd/Calp.Thanks for all the encouragement. Wawtigress
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 07:12

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/176.5/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up Good for you Watigress!

Glad you averaged out to the 179! I am with you.............I think I will kick this thing back in with the Atkins for a week or two........and in the mean while be reading the CALP book daily to understand it better.

After the 2 weeks, I will go back to CALP. I know I cannot live with Atkins for life, but I can do it for a week or two at a time.

Razzle, suggested for me to do the Atkins for 5 days and do the CALP for the weekend. Do you think that might work? Or do you think it will confuse my body too much and I won't lose anything? I thought it sounded like a good idea............but I don't know the science of how it might work?

JoAnnAtkin in TEXAS
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 12:43

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default excellent

Thats an excellent idea......you will not gain weight....losing it's up to you and your body. I do atkins every other day and i have maintained my weight well..
carbs are a big problem for me but i can't live without them forever.....so i have rm everyother day..i can't eat just 1 slice or 1/2 cup so rm everyother day will balance the days i over do it.

Although i rarely overdo it now a days.

i calp some times but cad most of the time when i am not doing atkins. I love my atkins days because it keeps me on track and insulin low and that how i want it.

i need to lose 20 more pounds. i have been lcing a long time. I have no idea if i am really on a plateau. i've read that a plateau that is 3 months old is genuine..... i have not been strict for 3 months at a time since the scale stoped.......i will give it a good try soon...after my trip to st.lucia in april.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 12:50

BF:
Default Howdy Lowco!

What did you mean when you say this.in your last post?.............

i calp some times but cad most of the time when i am not doing atkins. I love my atkins days because it keeps me on track and insulin low and that how i want it.

Lowco....................Is there a big difference between the CAD and the CALP?
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 12:51

BF:
Default Howdy Lowco!

What did you mean when you say this............in your last post?.............

Lowco....................Is there a big difference between the CAD and the CALP?

Jo Ann Confused in TEXAS
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 14:28

BF:
Default I don't think mixing regular will work

I'm only doing this one week to help my daughter out being on the same diet. Then I plan to go back to CAlp. It is working for me.I think one week on one and one week on the other will not work in the long run. Wawtigress
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 15:50

BF:
Default Heavy Cream???

What is the rule concerning heavy cream on the Atkins or the CALP? I do drink it in my coffee..................and I am wondering if that is my problem?

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 06:15

BF:
Default The problem is

You ,yourself have stated you aren't following the diet. No diet is going to work until "you" decide to follow it. Heavy cream is not the culprit unless you are using it to excess. Sorry this may seem harsh but someone has to point you in the right direction.I even had a bowl of chili at lunch yesterday with a small pack of crackers and a diet coke. I was away from home and had no choice. I picked out the beans and eat half of it. This morning ,NO HARM done. I maintained my 178 for yesterday and hope to see 177 this week.You cannot follow two or three different diets in one week and expect it to work and fall off the wagon every other day.Hope you take this as a concern for you and not criticism . Wawtigress
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 20:03

BF:
Default joannatkin

joan atkin
calp .....1/3 of each starch, protein and veggie
cad......in the 1st book no guidelines were given. it bassically said eat what you want.

it is the low carb meals that make you lose weight. They also give yourbody a chance to do the right thing with the carbs eaten at rm. I feel beter having rm every other day.

i do one day completely low carb, the next i'll have rm, the 3rd would be lc again.......sorry if i confused you...now reading that paragraph i feel embarassed.

having more lc meals are perfectly fine...

on the ckd diet , body builders carb up on weekends and carb down during the week, to lose more body fat( they carb down with allot of excercise and strict lc.) this diet has help many on atkins diet to break stalls.

i found that lc dieters who focus on food , or what they can eat or not, have a harder problem sticking to plan(what ever plan it may be) than those who are focused on insulin levels and all the scentifics of lcing.

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask....
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 08:23

BF:
Default Hello LOWCO!

Thank you so much for explaining the different LC programs! I am doing the Atkins now, trying to get the bulk of my 30 pounds off! Then I may use the CALP to maintain it.

Jo Ann in TEXAS
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:16

BF:
Default Back to CALP after 2 days

Well , I'm back to CALP. All the old problems arose on Atkins and 2 days was all I could stand. I have maintained 178 for 3 days so I guess that weight is set . now on to 177. My advice to anyone is to follow the book and you must read the whole book or it will not work for you . There are other things you should be doing and you won't know about it if you don't read. I do 3 of the Options out of the nine listed . hope this helps. Wawtigress
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 18:22

BF:
Default plan

thats great joanatkin !!!! I can't trust myself with carbs, maybe one day i'll be able to handle them every day AND NOT SLIP!!!!

In the begining i was concerned with grams of carbs, then came cad/calp, then talk of the glycemic index, processed & naural carbs, carbs a too complecated!!!!