Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 06:44

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 142/142/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Help with Start Up

After much agonizing and procrastination, hoping that joining an on-line forum will move me toward ~consistent~ adherence to Schwarzbein. I fully embrace the principles, just have a tough time actually putting into action.
I'd be interested in any tips/suggestions any of you might have...for example, are you keeping food journals? If so, how & in what format? How about exercise tracking? Also, I'm having a tough time giving up that one cup of coffee in the am...
Need to get this together, am approaching 50 quickly, have been healthy eater & steady exerciser for many years, but the age thing is making all of this more challenging every year!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 07:33

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Tips...

Hi there!

Here are my tried and true (most of the time) tips:

1. Yes to food journalling! I keep a journal here in the journal section and I often list what I'm going to eat that day rather than what I ate...I often have to go back and edit when life gets in the way.
2. Planning - I meal plan as far in advance as possible...helps with the grocery shopping too.
3. Fitday - I use fitday.com (its free) to keep track of what I eat. I'm more obsessed than SP, but that's because I'm weight training and I need to track protein intake too.
4. Exercise...I track this too (can you tell I like lists?) in my gym log here on the forum as well as in some spreadsheets I bring to the gym so I can keep an eye on how much weight I'm lifting.

I don't think age is really a factor in eating well (just my opinion)...I find summer much more difficult because there is so much more socializing going on.

You can do this and this forum can be a big help...don't be afraid, ask questions or vent when you need to. Also, being accountable to others can be a way of staying committed.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 10:46

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 142/142/125
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks, Lisa - will check out fitday.com - Looks like you've had great success, so good that you share that with those of us in here. I appreciate your feedback & I'll keep you posted!