Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 21:37

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 194/178/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default 30-Day Low-Carb

I am awaiting arrival of this book. I've heard that it's the protein power plan in an easier read. Please tell me that it has enough information on the plan and I don't need to get the life plan book too.

To get me started how much protein and carbs should I be having if 5'6" and 194 lb. female? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 21:45
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedee62
I am awaiting arrival of this book. I've heard that it's the protein power plan in an easier read. Please tell me that it has enough information on the plan and I don't need to get the life plan book too.

To get me started how much protein and carbs should I be having if 5'6" and 194 lb. female? Thanks in advance for any help.

34g (according to the more simplified table in PPLP) and no, you should be just fine with the 30-day "easy read" in terms of getting you on the path you need to be. I would, however, strongly advise grabbing PPLP from your local library when you get a chance just to add to your mental arsenal. It obviously sounds like you appreciate this approach so you don't need the background to be encouraged to eat according to it, but PPLP has SO much more than just an explanation of "why"...so it's worth the read while you're changing your life. I honestly felt the best part about the PP approach was how you can just make a few changes at a time and every time you do you still get the benefit. I'm always so encouraged that it's not an "all or nothing" game. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 21:50

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 194/178/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks so much for the info. I've been doing a modified Atkins. I eat mostly according to the atkins plan with some almonds thrown in and have lost absolutely nothing. Looking for something that is not so strict as atkins.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-08, 16:02

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Dedee62, "Protein Power Lifeplan" has also been out for long enough that you can often find it available online. Try www.amazon.com -- sometimes, the 3 or 4 dollars of shipping is more than you'll pay for the book, in hard cover. And it is a good reference read to have in your library.