Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-09-07, 20:11

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Speaking of Dr Eades blog..... did you all see him talk about how Oprah's big shindig kept him awake?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 16:20
areed13/Junebug

Plan: Lo-Carb/Atkins
Stats: 245/191.5/165 Female 5 ft. 4 in
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi,
I've started on this site after immigrating from another very low calorie site a few weeks ago. I like what I'm learning from reading all your posting especially yours Elle P.
Can anyone tell me what Protein limit we should give ourselves? I've been readind a lot of Lo-carb books lately and have upped everything except my carbs since I realized my former plan was unhealthy. I'm 15 lbs from the goal i set for myself and would like to know where I should be calorie, fat and protein amounts.
I'd appreciate anyone's opinion so feel free.
Thanks
Ann from PA
areed13
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 16:50

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Daryl.....can you post a link? I must have missed that one.

Ann....I don't limit protein. I just make sure I get a certain minimum.You have to really overeat protein to get too much.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 16:55

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

Hi Cindy

Sure:

Quote:
got up early this morning, which was a major deal because I was kept up last night by a loud party down the street. When we’re in Santa Barbara we live about 0.4 miles from Oprah on the same street she lives on. You probably read about her big fund raiser last night for Barack Obama. Well, it was loud (especially Stevie Wonder) and mildly annoying. Anyway, I got up early and dealt with ALL the comments that have been stacking up. So, if you’ve had a comment languishing in comment Purgatory, it’s now up. Sorry for the delay, but I’ve been covered up with other projects. I’ll try to do better.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/?p=931
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 17:12

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

LOL yea I did see that Daryl! Tough living among the stars!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-07, 13:27
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 315/234/190 Female 5'8"
BF:Quite
Progress: 65%

I guess I'm an intellectual because I too like the PP approach -- I'm looking forward to getting the lifetime book which is on its way to me. I've read Atkins a few times too, and the regimens are pretty similar but I like the Eades' focus on the science and their tendency to be less salesman-like and hypey in their prose. (I am also loving Dr Eades' blog.)

I also like to keep things simple, and am extremely lazy about food prep (ie, I don't do it) and am at the moment kind of grooving on Dr Eades saying that carbs aren't really necessary at all, so I'm just eating meat/eggs, a little cheese and cream now, and only having a salad a couple of times a week.