Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Exclamation WEIGHT LOSS DIETERS -- daily food journal -- Thursday 04 April

This is my first day trying to meet the No-Cheat-April Challenge over at lowcarbeating.com, and i'd be glad to have some company if anyone wants to sign up for one here in the paleo forum.

So far today has been ok. My eating plan was to get healthy fats and carbs from the home-made soup, and healthy proteins from some leftover baked chicken legs. If i'm still hungry later in the evening i'll have some fresh strawberries and/or nuts. As far as water is concerned i've had 32 ounces so far (with 1/4 teaspoon of organic sea salt, as recommended by a friend over at lowcarbeating.com who is a fan of something called the Water Cure). I'd like to drink two more 32-ounce glasses today.

Exercise = light aerobics and walking. Taking it easy today 'cause tomorrow and Saturday hubby and i have a ton of yard work to do and it's going to fun but exhausting.

foodie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 08:23

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Oh yes! Me me me!!!

I want a challenge! Yess!! (Hi again Foodie!!)

I don't check the scales so I can't give results but in my heart of hearts I will know ....

Today I've been super , but it's only 4 o'clock! I've drowned myself in water, but I ain't going to the gym until I get over the flu completely.

Catch up on ya monday, cause i have no computer at home.

Good luck some more, Foodie!

Liv
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 08:10
Registered Member

BF:
Default Re: Oh yes! Me me me!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by liv
I want a challenge! Yess!! (Hi again Foodie!!)
I don't check the scales so I can't give results but in my heart of hearts I will know ....
Today I've been super , but it's only 4 o'clock! I've drowned myself in water, but I ain't going to the gym until I get over the flu completely.
Catch up on ya monday, cause i have no computer at home.
Good luck some more, Foodie!
Liv

Hi Liv! Ok i think this is going to be fun! Go to lowcarbeating.com and go to the No-Cheat Challenge Club. There you'll see the thread about the April No Cheat Challenge. Sign up there (it's very informal, and lots of fun chatter). The challenge is to go for the whole month keeping 100% on whatever version of low carb you prefer -- some are doing Atkins, some are doing Protein Power, etc.

Yesterday was day 2 for me, and a total success -- two days with ZERO cheating is just about my all-time record! LOL

What are your weight loss goals? i've got a LOT of weight to lose -- about 60 pounds. Hopefully by July or August -- my son is getting married the last Saturday in September, but in July or August my future daughter-in-law's mom and i are going shopping together in Oklahoma City to find "the" perfect dress

Bye for now, it was such a busy day yesterday doing yard work with hubby but a lot of fun exercise in the spring sunshine. We've got a few more hours to finish up today, but it won't be quite as labor-intensive as yesterday.

I'll have time later this afternoon to check back in here and generate more wordy posts

Have a great Saturday everybody!

foodie
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 00:24

BF:

Hi Foodie! How are you doing?

I didn't find the April challenge but I was in a hurry and didn't look so well. Just checking up on you ...

Have a very good day!
Liv

PS Congratulations on your son's wedding!! I'm sure you'll be looking great!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 07:39
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by liv
Hi Foodie! How are you doing?
I didn't find the April challenge but I was in a hurry and didn't look so well. Just checking up on you ...
Have a very good day!
Liv
PS Congratulations on your son's wedding!! I'm sure you'll be looking great!!!

Hi Liv! O let's see, the No-Cheat April Challenge is in the forum called "No-Cheat Challenge Club." The actual thread title is just something like, "can i make it through the whole month of April with no cheating" (or something to that effect).

Also, there's something called the Wagondrivers April Challenge over at a little low-carb support group i like -- http://pub23.ezboard.com/fwhooshfriendsfrm1

Yesterday was Day 5 for me, and i'm honestly astonished to be able to report that that's five whole days in a row with zero cheating!!!!!

This is the first time in my entire life i've ever stuck to a diet 100% faithfully for more than 2 days.

Yesterday morning was official weigh-in day at both Challenges, and i was down 1/2 pound from the last time i weighed (29 March). This morning i weighed again and was down another 2 1/2 pounds! Weird. I'm not going to "count" it, 'cause the official weigh-in days are Mondays and Fridays. But anyway it was soooooo nice to see those numbers on the scales this morning -- it's the first time in a whole year that i've been at 200. 199 is just around the corner, woohoo

O thank you so much for the congrats! He's such a great kid, and his fiancee is adorable, and we're hoping they'll be really happy together. Our dear little Smurfy daughter got married last year to a really great guy she met at college, and they're so perfect for each other. So as parents, it's a huge relief and comfort to see both the kids settled and happy.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 148/125/115
BF:
Progress: 70%
Unhappy i was going to go for the challenge

hi guys

i was going to go for the april no cheat challenge, but i already screwed up on saturday. it was that blasted easter candy i got rid of most of it, but there is still the chocolate left.

so what do you guys do when the cravings get to be too much?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 04:00

BF:

Wow Foodie!!
Good for you!!! In no time at all you'll be under the 200 mark and ... well on your way to a wonderful shopping spree! Congratulations!!

Karebear: usually when I get a real craving... it wins!!! So don't feel out of it. I think we're all the same... And when I get cravings whatever the scale tells me is an excellent excuse to give in: if it's up i think oh well I'm not losing so I may as well eat, and if it's down I tell myself, well if it's that easy I'll catch up tomorrow. And I eat. Dumb dumb dumb!!!

Good luck to all !!!
Liv
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 148/125/115
BF:
Progress: 70%
Red face glad to hear i am not the only one

hi all

liv: glad to hear that others are not stronger than their cravings too. especially glad to hear that today because yesterday i was not very good at all. i help my kids finish their easter candy

but, i am back on track. i am back to reading my neanderthin book and getting some new recepies and adding some new dishes to my diet.

i am also making sure that i get back to writing in my journal everyday because that seems to help me the most.

so, where has everybody gone

i know i have been real busy with work, school and looking for a new job. but i am definately making the effort to visit the site every day and at least post in my journal.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 07:54
Registered Member

BF:

Hi KB! Well i was offline for a couple of weeks because my computer crashed But the part finally arrived and yesterday my husband got everything put back together.

During these two weeks, i caught a cold and didn't want anything except potato soup and crackers and sweet tea and hot cocoa ... and then i started craving cheese and candy and bread ... grrr! Needless to say i totally blew the No Cheat April Challenge!

Oh about cravings, i'm trying to rememeber which celebrity said, "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it." hahhaha ... probably very true. If you want some chocolate or some bread or other non-paleo goodies, have some, just don't binge (personally i don't want just "some," i want moremoremoremoremoremore).

I keep thinking someday it will "click" and i'll suddenly be transformed from a carb addict into a person who can "take it or leave it."