Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 12:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%
Talking 189...and going down!

I was looking for a countdown buddy or group that was somewhere in the 180's -- didn't find one so I started this thread!

TODAY was the first day I fell below 190 in the past 4 years. It feels wonderful and I wanted to share the ride...

Will check back here to see if anyone else is doing the same trip -- down towards 150 for me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins/SurgarBusters
Stats: 225/173/145
BF:
Progress: 65%

I WILL BUDDY UP HERE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE 180'S ALL MONTH LONG. I WAS DOWN TO 183, AND THE WENT BACK UP TO 185. ARGG. I AM DETERMINED TO DO IT BY THE END OF THE MONTH AND IT IS O SO CLOSE. MAYBE SOME SUPPORT ON THIS MARK WILL HELP US BOTH.

BTW WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF 180'S!!! WTG
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 14:50
Registered Member

Thanks Joy! I had almost forgotten that I started this little thread, but glad to see some action on it now. Since that time I have creeped from my happy little 189 to a whopping 190!! Just kidding... by tomorrow or the next day I expect to be back in the club.

I'm going on a 4 day cruise on Monday and am determined to work out daily, do a lot of walking, keep my meals legal, interesting and decent...but I know that the 24-hour indulgence may also get to me so having a buddy place to come back to will be great. I don't plan on gaining an enormous amount of weight on that boat...but I do plan on doing induction again when I get back .

My next goal is 180...that's where I left off when I last tried to LC off of a low-fat program. I gave up because I didn't know enough to keep focused. That has changed and I am excited about taking off the next 10 (or so) pounds.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:08
Registered Member

BF:

ddm, Best of time to you on that boat. i will be right here waiting for you. In these type of situations I think it is a time to not be to hard on your self, but as your buddy here I must say that you dont want to have to re lose a lot either. So balance, only indulge if it is absolutly worth it. As for me , not so great I added a fiber supplement and it has stopped me up. Not a great place to be. well this to shall pass. Ha ha very funny. now go off and have the best of time and tell me all about your trip when you get back.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:53
Registered Member

Thanks Joy, yes the fun time is getting close...that's why I'm staying strong and dedicated right up until Monday. You're right, I only plan on indulging when it is absolutely worth it! I can pass up all bread, rice, potatoes, cookies, most chocolate things, even ice cream. I can even stick with my LC breakfast, actually all meals should be fine...it's the dessert tray after dinner that I think I'll have a temptation problem with!

But my plan is to spend the first hour of my morning in the gym, have a light breakfast and get into some activities...my friend and I are both going to stay with the exercise routine while on board! I also found out that they have e-mail, so hopefully I'll be able to check in with my daily support group and keep in touch with the family.

Will keep checking in...how is it going for you??
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 13:28
Registered Member

BF:

ddm hope you are having a great time. I think I may be in the 179ish world by the end of the week...hope
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 07:08

Plan: PP, PPLP
Stats: 206/178/170
BF:26%/15%/10%
Progress: 78%

I too am making my way through the 180s. I rolled through the 190s but am facing stiff resistance getting through the 180s. I plateaued around 185 for a week and a half but then wooshed down to 181 but have now been here for a few days. I feel at this point I'm at a healthy weight though and am now just losing more fat for cosmetic reasons so I'm in no rush. I'll just stick to the plan and eventually I'll get there.

Glen
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 10:44
Registered Member

Well, I'm home from my cruise and seriously out of the 189 group...at least for the moment!! Boy, did I eat like there was not going to be a price! But, the experience was priceless, and it's behind me...onward with the real business of life .

Today, I weighed in at 194...not bad actually...I expected to have to start from scratch. I believe a good bit of that was water weight and since today begins my new induction period, I am pretty confident that I'll be moving down to the 189-ish area pretty soon.

Good going Joy and Glen...you're on your way for sure. The motivation from others REALLY helps!!

#9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 23:24

Plan: PP, PPLP
Stats: 206/178/170
BF:26%/15%/10%
Progress: 78%

Hi everyone! Just hit 179 today and took new BF measurements and I'm down to 15%. Thanks for all your support and good luck!

Glen
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 07:52
Registered Member

Wow Glen...nice going...you'll be there in no time. I recovered from my cruise quickly and am at the 189 mark now, but it's a stubborn number for me as I haven't been below this weight yet.

Joy...are you in the 170's club??? Pop in and let me know how you're doing. I'm back on induction (with way too many peanuts for snacks) and doing okay so far. Will be glad to see the number break below 189 very CLEARLY on my scale so I don't have to lean one way or the other just to see it!

#11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 09:02

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 220/203/186 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Hi There!

Hi everyone

I'm here at last. I love these clubs - great idea that it's the only club you join in order to leave it as soon as possible.

I'm 189 now and think it may take a while to get below this as I dropped 3lbs last week to get to that point.

I'll be back tomorrow to check out progress with you all.

Bye!

Sara
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 18:50
Registered Member

Hi Sara...I'm glad to see this thread active again since just this morning I managed to see 189 again. It's been a few weeks that I've been fighting the 190's but alas, here I am!

I really am trying to break through this stage of the game but I find myself doing something wrong nearly every day. Today I'm sure it was WAY too many peanuts, although I drank a gallon of water so far and had deviled eggs and salami for lunch. Right now for snack I'm having SF jello with cream cheese blended in... it seems that I'm not cheating, yet I always find something to blame on that one pound that just creeps back in.

Hoping for a better tomorrow...maybe even another pound gone, we'll see! Glad to know you're on board!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 02:41

BF:

Hi Donna

Nice to meet you. Yes, peanuts can be a problem for me- but I discovered it was the salt as much as anything, as it made me retain water. Other nuts, and expect unsalted peanuts, are OK.

I weigh in officially on Fridays, what day to you weigh in? I don't bother weighing in during TOM - so can leave it a couple of weeks then.

I do weigh in between out of curiousity but as it goes up and down as much as 5lbs between one cay and another, and I know it is impossible for this to be fat, I don't take much notice. I was 191 this morning, but it doesnt count and I'm sure it's just water retention - not been drinking much water.

Must do better today. See you tomorrow

Sara
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 07:13
Registered Member

Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%
Default Hello All!

Hi everyone! I like Sara am glad to be in this club. This is such a motivating force for me!! I also weigh in on Friday's.

Anybody measuring lost inches? Cats
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 07:33

BF:

Hi Cat and everyone else

Nice to see you again

I am measuring in cms as they are smaller! I've lost quite a few (lost track of how many now), but lately waist has stopped gettign smaller - in fact it is actually growing a bit. Hmm. Trying so hard to avoid the sit-ups, but they will come and get me in the end, I know!

How many inches have you guys lost and has it been proportional or have you changed shape as well as size?

Sara