Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-10, 09:52

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 352/320/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:Yikes!
Progress: 16%

I still have some weight to lose but, I feel lots better since taking off 100lbs (it doesn't seem like I've actually lost 100lbs, lol)...it's taken 4 years of yo-yo'ing off and on LC to get this weight off. I'm very glad that I've finally made the decision to stick with it. I feel better and have a much better out-look on life.
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-10, 23:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/244/175 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Well MichelleK, 4 years is not that long in the big scheme of things. You have done it the right way instead of crash dieting. I'm so happy for you. Be proud of how far you have come in this journey.
  #273   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-10, 16:39

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleK
I still have some weight to lose but, I feel lots better since taking off 100lbs (it doesn't seem like I've actually lost 100lbs, lol)...it's taken 4 years of yo-yo'ing off and on LC to get this weight off. I'm very glad that I've finally made the decision to stick with it. I feel better and have a much better out-look on life.
Congrats on it though! It also took me four years to lose that 100 pounds. But to paraphrase a quote I remember from somewhere, if you hadn't done it the four years would have passed anyway, and you'd only be four years older and still just as heavy.

So far better to have spent four years losing those 100 pounds! That's the way I look at it, at any rate. You're doing great.
  #274   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-10, 10:00
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:

Good job!! Congrats!!
  #275   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-10, 19:20

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Quote:
I've actually lost 100lbs
Congratulations !!!!!
  #276   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-10, 09:53

Plan: eat fat get thin
Stats: 323/135/150 Female 5'8
BF:49.2/21.7/22.8
Progress: 109%

congrats to everyone on the 100 lost! well as of today im down 182 pounds! so how do i feel fragile actully in a odd way and i still don't know the girl in the mirror.
  #277   ^
Old Sun, Dec-12-10, 11:46

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodroses
congrats to everyone on the 100 lost! well as of today im down 182 pounds! so how do i feel fragile actully in a odd way and i still don't know the girl in the mirror.
182 pounds! Wow, I think that is the most awesome thing I have heard. You are an entirely new person now. I can't get over how quickly you lost it also.
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-10, 10:51

Plan: calorie count
Stats: 327/212/190 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Finally did it! Down over 100lbs over the last year. Still have a bit to go. To be honest I've just been staying strict w/ the cals and have did way better than I did w/ low carb. I plan to go Paleo to get to my goals though.
  #279   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-10, 11:12
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookguy
Finally did it! Down over 100lbs over the last year. Still have a bit to go. To be honest I've just been staying strict w/ the cals and have did way better than I did w/ low carb. I plan to go Paleo to get to my goals though.

Yayyy for you!!

Yes, I too found that the closer to goal we are, the more total calories come into play.
  #280   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-10, 11:29

Plan: Lighterlife (UK) sort of!
Stats: 397/244/173 Male 6'2"
BF:50.1%/31.3%/22.2%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodroses

Hell's teeth, Bloodroses, that's going some. I've just been reading about Richard and Rachael Heller, of whom I'd never before heard. I take it, you're endorsing their programme....?

Sounds interesting, this!

Congratulations, and thanks. Mighty inspiring!
  #281   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-10, 11:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/210/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

this is inspiring. i have been having cheating issues and this is a good reminder to stay the course. i had about 100 lbs total to lose and im down 45 so i guess im almost halfway there. again so helpful to read this thread and see it can be done
  #282   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-10, 10:56

Stats: 258/244/175 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

How does the Paleo Diet differ from Atkins? Also has anyone had success with lowering cholesterol with LC? I have been fighting to lower mine for 2 years with Low Fat, Fish Oil and a Prescription for Welchol. I can't take the stronger statin drugs because of fatty liver disease.
  #283   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-10, 11:16
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuggs1960
How does the Paleo Diet differ from Atkins? Also has anyone had success with lowering cholesterol with LC? I have been fighting to lower mine for 2 years with Low Fat, Fish Oil and a Prescription for Welchol. I can't take the stronger statin drugs because of fatty liver disease.

Hello!
You'll get answers if you ask this question in the Paleo section of this site.
  #284   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-10, 11:30

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuggs1960

I think you should post so you get an answer about cholesterol. My husband weighs 135, is healthy as a horse and has cholesterol nearing 300. My cholesterol went up 50 points on low carb from 200 to 250. Neither of us are concerned in the least. The cholesterol myth is a big fat lie, so far as I'm concerned.
  #285   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-11, 08:51
Attitude is a Choice

**bump for newbies**

I also want to share that last month, December 18, 2010, was 5 years, for me, of successful weight loss maintenance.
Who says we always gain it back!!??