Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 16:36

Plan: potatoes not prozac
Stats: 128/128/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Low Carb Support Group Tulsa

Hello all,

I’m interested in starting a local low carbohydrate support group in Tulsa. There is a specific diet or lifestyle that I’m interested in but I’m okay with others joining in or inquiring more about it. It’s for sugar sensitive or carbohydrate sensitive people. This diet is similar to the other low carb diets however it takes low blood sugar and brain chemistry into consideration. The criteria of sugar sensitive people will include some of the following but not necessarily all: cravings of sugar or simple carbs, weight problems, depression, low energy, low self-esteem. Many other people experience adhd symptoms, obsessive compulsive, anxiety, etc.

Kathleen Demaisions has written 3 books addressing this and they are titled: Potatoes not Prozac, The Sugar addicts total recovery program and Your Last Diet. To learn the basics of this program I would start with Potatoes not Prozac. She also has a website, the address is radiantrecovery.com and will give you a basic overview of the program. There is also a really popular community forum that is really helpful but I believe the support of a local group will be of tremendous benefit.

I want to meet locally because I need the personal connection and accountability of a weekly meeting. I have been trying this wonderful program for years but I have such an issue with consistency and think a local support group would be very helpful. Please let me know if this would be of interest to you or of someone you know or if you have any questions. I plan on having meetings at one of our local libraries.

Thanks!
Trakar
Sponsored Links