Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/125/120 Female 65 in
BF:not sure
Progress: 80%
Default newbie here

Hello all. I'm new here and i'd like to introduce myself. My name is Maris. I am 23 years old and a mom to a beautiful almost 3 year old little girl named Lindsey. I was about 118 pounds when i got pregnant and weight in at a whopping 174 when i delivered back in Oct of 2002. Sadly, thought I still weight 140 pounds and i am so desperate to get close to my pre-pregnancy weight. So i am ready to change my way of eating for life. I'm glad i found this forum and im sure i can do it with all of you.

It just so happened that a cousin of mine bought the book Proetin Power at the Salvation Army and it was just lying on her table. So i thought i'd pick it up about a month ago. I've been doing it for about three weeks. I weighed myself the day i started and it was 145. However it;s not a so dependable scale. A week later was down to 140. And has stayed there for the past 2 weeks. I wonder what i'm doing wrong. And i would greatly appreciate it if you all could help me out! thanks a bunch..

typical meals...eggs, bacon, cheese, water
....tuna w/boiled egg, dill pickle, mayo and mustard
....salads w/ranch
.....chicken breasts
.....burgers hold the bun
.....pizza hold the crust

maris
goal 125
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 17:28

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

You lost 5 pounds in a week and you're wondering what you're doing wrong?!?!?!!?!!??!?!

Most of us would kill for 5 pounds a week. Heck, I'd kill for a half pound a week!

Do you have any specific questions? The keys to PP are to get AT LEAST your minimum protein requirement (have you determined that yet?), and to spread your carbs out throughout the day. The original PP book has a good guide to doing this (you can even copy the page on a photocopier and use it every day -- that's what I did at first).

Do you use Fitday? If not, go to fitday.com and learn how to use it. It's really easy, and it's a good way to track your eating.

Join us in the Java Room. Some of us are so focused there that we don't often wander out.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 16:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/125/120 Female 65 in
BF:not sure
Progress: 80%

great ! thanks for posting back. i really appreciate it. i checked out that fitday.com and it was great. thanks a bunch. i'd like to join you all in the java room. the only thing is that im new to this and i hope u can point me in the right direction.

oh and my protein intake is a min. of 68 gr per day.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power Life Plan
Stats: 228/195/150 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thanks so much for the info re fitday.com. I went there and signed right up. That's a GREAT site. It makes tracking my eating so much easier. Thanks again.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 17:23

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Fitday is great, but it's also addictive!

Feel free to pop into the Java Room any time. It's great to have new people. It reminds us of what we ALL need to do!