Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-05, 15:04

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Who (who needs to lose weight) can eat MORE than 1g-per-lb of body weight of protein?!

i am not sure where you got this information, but if it was refering to Protein Power, it is not acurate. you are right, it would be near imposible to eat your actual weight in grams of protein.

on page 92 of the Protein Power book it tells you how to calculate your minimum protein requirements. Depending on your activity level, you need between 0.5 and 0.9 grams of protein for each pound of Lean Body Mass (LBM).

For myself, I calculate that my LBM is 106.6lbs, and i am moderately active, therefore i would need 64 grams of protein per day minimum.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 21:36
Registered Member

Plan: Meat & Eggs
Stats: 243/206.8/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

My daughter told me a little "trick" that really helped me. Everytime I see a "carbage" food, I say to myself, "Poison, poison, poison." Whether I see it in a store, on TV, at someone's home, in a restaurant, or wherever. And I ask myself, "Why would anyone want to put that poison in their body?"

After a period of time (not too long, either) it really helped. I also found that after about 3-4 weeks of doing this and REALLY not eating the carbage (donuts, bread, cake, cookies, whatever)....I no longer had the cravings.

Sure, I can still eat the stuff, but I don't crave it and when I occasionally do fall off and eat something it just doesn't taste nearly as good as it used to when I was eating the crap all the time.

Give it a try. You have nothing to lose....except your cravings.

Hope this helps some....Paris