Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 19:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/150 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking I've been experimenting! YUM!

I was in the mood for something sweet tonight, so instead of reaching for the evil cookie jar, i invented something! (ok, i'm sure other people have done this, but i didn't know about it! LOL)

first i took 1 ounce of cream cheese and mixed it with 1 pk of Splenda and 1 TBsp of heavy cream. once it was mixed well, i mashed in 1/4 cup of raspberries.

OMG! This was soooooo good! and if i figured it right, it was only 4.5 carbs (i rounded up to 5). It tastes almost like raspberry yogurt, only BETTER! it doesn't have that nasty sour aftertaste that yogurt has (i normally HATE yogurt, can't stomach it) but this was smooth and creamy and DELICIOUS!! It definately hit the ol' sweet tooth. (i know legally i'm not supposed to have fruit if i want to stay on induction for a while longer; but it was either this or the evil m&m cookies lurking in my kitchen! LOL)

anyway, just want to encourage everyone to try this, and not to be afraid to experiment with your favorite legal foods. think outside of the box!

***grins***

Tricia

Hug a Doula!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:11
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 267/248/195
BF:
Progress: 26%

Sounds great, except I hate raspberries. I betcha it would work great with strawberries though. I'm going give it a try when I reach OWL (in little over a week!!)

kdog - out.

Last edited by kdog : Wed, Jun-18-03 at 20:15.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:13

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I don't like rasberries either. But, with strawberries, it could be delicious!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:15

Stats: 259/235/170? Female 67 inches (5'7")
BF:
Progress: 14%

I've done that with strawberries and it is soooooo good - tastes sorta like strawberry cheesecake.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:17
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by kc766
I've done that with strawberries and it is soooooo good - tastes sorta like strawberry cheesecake.

Now, if we could only find a suitable crust. Mmmmmmmmmm.

kdog - out
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:35
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

On OWL you can make crusts out of crushed nuts, almond flour, soy flour, and of course lard which is the secret to good pie crusts

Read through LC cookbooks, and LC recipies on the net. It really is amazing the types of foods you can make LC. The Atkins site has a recipe for a pumpkin pie with a pecan crust for Thanksgiving. Yummy
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:35

Stats: 259/235/170? Female 67 inches (5'7")
BF:
Progress: 14%

kdog, crust would be good! - just please don't suggest anything containing pork rinds!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 20:42
Registered Member

BF:

kc766 - LOL! I love pork rinds right out of the bag, even before I started Atkins. My favorite is the barbeque flavor (it does have 1g of sugar carbs per serving though). But, the thought of using pork rinds as a crust, or in the French Toast recipe that's in the recipe section, doesn't sound appetizing to me. I just can't imagine how that could taste good with something sweet.

kdog - out.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 22:09
Registered Member

Stats: 165/165/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 0%

That does sound yummy!! I have the cream cheese, splenda and heavy cream....I guess I am off to the store for some raspberries! I hate raspberry flavored things, but I love the fruit
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 14:03

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

This is just like my raspberry crepes in the breakfast section. just a little different .http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...threadid=116119 Just skip to page 2 I also made a strawberry syrup way better than atkins. strawberries butter and splenda .just mash and put in micro until hot. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...threadid=115450