Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-14, 10:06

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%
Question podcasts?

are there any good lowcarb paleo podcasters out there that i should be listening to?

i've been listening to the paleo view, and really like the 'science with sarah' bit, but she is staunchly anti-lowcarb, which totally doesn't work for me (i have pcos and need to be fairly lowcarb all the time or i gain weight and pcos symptoms come back)

Thanks for any ideas!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-14, 06:00

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I listen to a lot of podcasts, including Paleo View. (I find it somewhat hypocritical that she & Stacy profess today to be anti-low carb, when both of them lost almost all their weight that way, and I don't find her anti-low carb arguments convincing).

Chris Kresser and Robb Wolf both are pretty clearly favorable to low carb for obese, insulin-damaged "metabolically broken" people, and they both have good podcasts. Dave Asprey too, but few of his podcast topics deal mainly with diet, there are lots of other aspects and he's often plugging his stuff.

I still listen to some of the Jimmy Moore interviews (depends who, he also interviews a lot of people who don't interest me) and I recently came across Smash the Fat podcasts and he's had good interviews with several people too.

I'm pretty well versed in the paleo & low carb movements now and listen on 1.5 speed because it's a lot of repetition, but every now and then I come across something useful & interesting. And I don't mind the alternative viewpoints, so I'm not looking only for podcasts that fit my beliefs. I listen to many hours of podcasts & audio books every week though, mainly while doing things around the house.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-14, 10:40

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Thanks Parismama! that should keep me busy for a while!