Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 19:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/240/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default How did I do?

I had to go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today. Normally I would be thrilled as I enjoy eating Chinese, but I was worried today as I'm now on Atkins and wasn't prepared for what I should order.

I remember reading in The New Diet Revolution to watch out for dishes when you're eating out because besides the obvious no-no's, some sauces can contain a bunch of unwanted carbs. So, I tried to find something without a big sauce and hoped for the best.

Anyway, I chose the Moo Shoo Pork; pork with lots of cabbage and vegies. Not as much meat as I would have liked but other than that, how did I do? I didn't eat the sauce it came with (it was on the side) or the pancakes. I only ate the main dish.

Any good news about this dish?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 06:58

Stats: 176/168/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

I bet Moo Shoo is fine. However, I'd have a very hard time eating it without the sauce...I love plum sauce.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 07:52
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *rosebud*
I had to go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today. Normally I would be thrilled as I enjoy eating Chinese, but I was worried today as I'm now on Atkins and wasn't prepared for what I should order.

I remember reading in The New Diet Revolution to watch out for dishes when you're eating out because besides the obvious no-no's, some sauces can contain a bunch of unwanted carbs. So, I tried to find something without a big sauce and hoped for the best.

Anyway, I chose the Moo Shoo Pork; pork with lots of cabbage and vegies. Not as much meat as I would have liked but other than that, how did I do? I didn't eat the sauce it came with (it was on the side) or the pancakes. I only ate the main dish.

Any good news about this dish?

If all you ate was meat and cabbage sounds like you made a fabulous choice :thumbsup:.
Be proud of yourself, you are still pretty early on in the plan and you went out to eat successfully! Good work .
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 08:29

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Congratulations! I won't even step foot into a Chinese restaurant. I find it hard to pass up my favorite dishes!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 12:20

Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%

Don't they add corn starch to that? A lot of chinese foods seem okay but they add corn starch to them. Just becareful!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 12:22

Stats: 265/254/190 Male 5' 10"
BF:

Another good idea is the Mongolian Barbeque places...you pick the raw ingredients and they stir fry it in front of you.

We have a place like that here and I just get them to cook it up with Garlic Oil and Soy Sauce...works great!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 12:41

Stats: 180/140/130 Female 5'7
BF:22.7%(about)
Progress: 80%

Oh I love the Mongolian Grill you can get what veggies you want and they have chicken beef pork or lamb, I usually just get chicken or pork. MMMMM I think I am going to get my BF to take me there tonight he he.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-05, 10:44

Stats: 260/240/130 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies! I'll have to try out a Mongolian Grill place. I think there is one just a few minutes away and you make it sound so great!

I kinda messed up yesterday. I am still at 231 and I don't know if it's because of the Moo Shoo Pork from earlier in the week, or the ounce of coconut with a couple teaspoons of cream that I had yesterday that stalled me.

Yes, I totally know that I am not supposed to have any kind of nuts on Induction. I goofed up because I just HAD TO HAVE SOMETHING and I started looking around in the kitchen for something and well, I found the shredded unsweetend coconut and got excited and mixed some up with heavy cream. I think I waited too long to eat and then had a hard time making a better choice.

I am focusing this weekend on getting better prepared for the week ahead so I have plenty of safe foods around to eat.

But, now I don't know if the Moo Shoo Pork was ok!