Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:48

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

Thank you Wendy for your kind words. I keep telling ymself God will only give me what I can handle!!! But like the saying goes, I wish he didnt trust me so much.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 21:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 308/247.5/182 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Are you ladies opposed to a guy joining your group?

I did well from Jan 4 to end of april... lost a total of 41 pounds. But I got off track and now gained back 18 of the 41 pounds.

Ya know, we often hear about people with eating disorders being obsesed with being skinny. But for me, I almost have to act obsesed to lose any weight. I have to think about it constantly....and I don't like doing that. When I'm not obsessing, then I tend to eat things I shouldn't. Is that just me? Or does anyone else go thru the same or similar?

- Rem
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 08:43

Default Welcome Rem

I kind of feel the same way, if I total totally involve myself in this woe, I tend to loose the dedication I need to stick with it. But you've done great and at least it was only 18 and not the whole 41, I think together all of us can reach goal.

SO today is my due date for my twins, I woke up and almost orgot about it. I dont know if I can make it through the whole day without stuffing my emtions, but I am hoping I will. DH and I decided today would be the day we take apart the nursery, another emotional task I'v been delaying but theres only so many times you can walk by a closed door in your own house. So wish me luck my friends.

Last edited by HollyAyott : Tue, May-25-04 at 08:49.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have been away for a few days, always away from the computer on weekends and then yesterday's storms knocked out our internet access. I've done pretty well avoiding the sugar alcohols which has been my first goal of getting back on track. My calories are still up there but I have gone back down a few pounds, still not near my profile but getting there.
As introduction, I am 56 years old, been married for 37 years with 3 grown children and 3 (soon to be 5) grandchildren. I started Atkins kind of as a last ditch attempt to lose some weight and was immediately successful. Since the holidays I've been on a roller coaster of up and down, up and down. Not anywhere near wanting to give up because I still want to lost 40 pounds. I find this forum to be inspiring and also helps me to be accountable to others which keeps me on track.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Holly~ I am with you ........he will not give you more than you can bare and stay strong! You will be in my prayers

Peter~ I know how those daughters can be (I am one) in the past I have moved back in with my mother 3-4 different times, after a break up, or while attending college or after my sister moved out to get married, they called me the BOMERANG CHILD! Thank God I am out of the stage.

Rem~ We would love to have you. I feel you on the regaining....... I had to re-adjust my stats after the damn Doctor's visit (excuse my french) But I am glad I know the truth and I want to be as real as I can with this weight.

Fishie~ The fourm keeps me on track to!

Question do you guys want to set some goals? Maybe have a weigh in day of the week and what nots like that?????
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:51

BF:

Thanks for the welcome Holly, Chantel.

About me:
I just turned 33. Married with 2 daughters ages 4 and 17 months. I do computer programming so I'm not that active. I try to get out on the weekends when the wife and kids permit. I bought a trailer that I can hook to my bike so I can take the kids with me, but it hasn't been used in a while. I need to do that more.

I started atkins because I was over weight. But I also learned that my blood sugar was high and was borderline diabetic... I've since been diagosed with it, but need to follow up with the Dr. to see how messed up I am. But that kinda gave me a big push.

I was proud of myself last night. It's been hard to do this WOE with my wife/kids. It's too easy for someone to want something full of sugar and for me to give in. But last night I didn't give in. That dougnut sure looked good and it was calling my name, but somehow I stayed the course. That was a major accomplishment for me.

Today I'm just keepin on. Stepped on the scale this morning and was 3 lbs lighter than yesterday, but I figure that's a fluke.

Holly - My prayers to you and your family.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach mix
Stats: 163.5/163/125 Female 59.5
BF:WAY TOO MUCH !!
Progress: 1%

Welcome JoeMama
I agree with having to be obsessive about this. I am just not so obsessive lately and am still having good and bad days! Maybe I don't want it bad enough? I get so upset with myself, I know what I should do, but often do the opposite! Maybe a brain transplant?
Hang in there JoeMama, you sound like you're doing great again!

Chantel30 - I also changed my stats when I began back here, just to keep it honest!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:08

BF:

Thanks Wendy!! I think my change in attitude the last couple days has helped... and as much as I hate to admit it, it's mostly due to reading what other people are going thru on this web site. I'm trying to make it last!!!

Hey I think i'm starting to get into Ketosis.... I am slowly getting that ketotaste in my mouth.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:47

Thanks all of you for your kind words, I stayed on track, and all I did was over do it a little with the atkins cookies, could ahvebeen Krispy Kremese though
  #40   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:33

Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Holly, I'm so glad that you made it through the past couple of days. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must have been for you. Please know that you have many who support you during this difficult time.
Still staying away from the sugar alcohols. This weekend will be tough, but I know I can do it.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:44

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Morning All~

Joe~ good for you, I know how it is with sweets, and I have been told that the LC snacks are not all that great to you and for you. Will cause you to stall so I am NOW trying to stay away from em. But I am proud that I have been doing my exercises, Because I think that will help me with get rid of this weight alot smoother.

Peter~ I wish that when I changed my stats that they looked like yours
  #42   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:57

I hate the darn scale, I mean I definatly over did it with the Atkins cookies, but I certainly didnt gain 4 pounds..... must be water weight! I know I didnt drink enough water. Ok well good luck today everyone keep up the good work!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 08:27

BF:

Good morning all,

Well between yesterday and today it's been up and down, but i've stuck to it.

Chantel - Yeah... I really like those "Low Carb" candy bars, but am trying to stay away from them too. I also need to get in a regular excersise routine, but at lately, not having a routine has actually been routine.

Holly - That sucks about the scale. I know they say to not weigh yourself everyday, but I still do it.

I've seen a bit of progress, though i've probably only been loosing water weight. I have a loss of 5 lbs since Sunday, woo hoo!! But my ketostick was vaguely pink this morning. (I know, I know, they aren't that accurate....but they give me a little encouragement when it's purple).
  #44   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 09:21

Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I akso have been at this for a year off and on. I get so mad at myself. I do really great for weeks and then I get in trouble. I have a large family and we are always getting together. I have no one to blame but myself. i lost 26 lbs really quick but I have slowly gained 10 back. I lose five and gain three. My sweet husband is going to go through Induction with be starting tomorrow. I have 50 lbs to lose so wish me luck.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 11:02
Registered Member

Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

Good luck and congratulations for committing to a healthy WOL to all of you. I have been off track for a couple of weeks and gained 5-10 pounds, which is nothing compared to the guilt and foggy headedness I also have due to major carb binges. I am hoping to get back on the wagon, 2 weeks clean induction til I am back at goal weight. Wish me luck! Induction is killer but I am going to stick with it this time.