Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 06:27

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Any Walk Away The Pounds Users out there?

Hi, I have been scaning these boards and the web, for any groups using the walk away the pounds Tapes. I used them a few months back and loved them. Had moved to a new house, and really just bomb out on doing anything, other then unpacking and all that good stuff. Welp, I think I have finally got my stuff together, been doing my atkins for a week (feel Great) and I will start WALKING AWAY THOSE POUNDS this coming monday. Plan On doing this three days a week, maybe more. SEE HOW MUCH OUT OF SHAPE I am LOL. Will Start with my 2 mile tape (can always stop at one if it kicks my butt LOL). Would sure like some fellow walkers to walk with (so to speak)

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 06:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i bought those tapes quite a while ago....now that it's getting colder here, i think i should try them....glad you posted...monday it is! how long does the one mile tape last? about 15 minutes or so? i belong to a curves, but haven't made it there lately...too busy and their hours are inconvenient during the school year....

Last edited by sjkling : Sat, Nov-08-03 at 06:33.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 06:35

BF:

sjkling

Glad to see you. Monday is a go for me, and The 1 mile is 15 min. goes by real quick too. Hope some others join in, I notice all the other threads died out. I plan to keep this one going LOL. see you monday

Cheryl
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 06:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

now, this means i have to go and find the tapes! and find a tv with a vcr! haha! seems like dvd's have taken over our house! i will accomplish that this weekend so i can report in on monday! thanks for the inspiration!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 08:38

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have the tapes too and I'm planning to start on Sunday.I would think they are now out in DVD too.
This would be great to come back and give reports. It will help keep us on track.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 09:58

BF:

Yea sassy
You go girl
Found my tapes.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 10:37

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Check the "What is your favorite exercise video" thread. Or you can use the "Search" option, and you will find literally hundreds of WAP fans:-)
You can buy DVD version of them, so you can use your computer simply to play them - no need fot tv/VCR.

Here you can check most of the WAP videos/DVD-s, with previews:-)
http://collagevideo.com/

Last edited by Galadriell : Sat, Nov-08-03 at 10:45.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 11:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Yea sassy
You go girl
Found my tapes.

Yeah surfnmom,ready to get it with it.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 12:40
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi there,
Another WATP fan here. Actually I have the WATP Express series. I just gave away my 1 mile to a lady with fibro who wants to start exercising and is on Atkins. I normally do the 3 mile, with the odd 2 mile day thrown in. I walk outside when the weather is good, but seeing as I'm from Canada, those days are going to be few and far between from here on in. Actually I'm going to be doing the 3 mile later this afternoon. I either use the tapes or walk outside 7 days a week. Plus work out at Curves 3x weekly and do a firming video (also with Leslie Sansone) the other 3 days.
I bought the regular WATP series last week but when I went to use it, they were defective so I had to return them. They've ordered me another set but weren't sure if they could get them or not. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Good to see others here who enjoy this type of exercise. And this is from a total exercise hater. I still cannot say I love exercising but realize it has to be part of my WOL if I want to keep weight off.
Marjorie
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 13:56

BF:

Hi Majorie,nice to meet you.
I think this will be alot of fun and at least keep us motivated.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 21:36

Plan: induction
Stats: 349/330/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Walk Away the Pounds Fiend here!!

I love them. Use them abt three times a/wk along with the treadmill.
I just brought the express three pack w/stretchie band and the 1 mile goes too fast. I usually do the 2 miles of the original and why does Jody keep getting off beat? The steps are not difficult. Let's all enjoy exercising the WATP way.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 02:35

BF:

Glad to see you Marjorie and dmjd2

I love doing these tapes and you would think with all the tapes this woman has soild there would be groups all over the place. The ones I have found seemed to all fizzal out .
Will today, Im going to get all my LC cooking done for the upcoming week, and get my house cleaned up, so when I get up in the morning, I can find the tv LOL.

My day starts at 1:15 am. My hubbie has weird working hours. He has to leave at 1:45 am. SOOOO this gives me plenty of time before I get my last 2 school age kids up for school. (have 4 others that are grown) I have spent this past week reading this board and trying out all the new recipes I have found, soooo I have kinda let everything go to hel...... around here. Monday is going to be start getting back into a routeen. (LOL my spelling is so bad) I do tend to get compulsive when I start something for a few weeks. Then it starts to mellow done and fit into my day. Hope that made since.

See you all in the Am. And have a great Sunday Day.
Ps I'm going to see if I can get a good picture of myself for my avator. (I never take good pics LOL. Maybe I'll wave at ya LOL
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Hi Cheryl,

I just bought my Walk Away DVD's because I saw your thread. I would love to join you starting Monday. I'll use it as cardio before my Pilates.

-Wrap
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 15:25

BF:
Default Sunday's report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrap
Hi Cheryl,

I just bought my Walk Away DVD's because I saw your thread. I would love to join you starting Monday. I'll use it as cardio before my Pilates.

-Wrap

Hi Wrap,glad to see you join us.
I'm just starting and because I have bad hips I have to take it slowly.So today I did 15 minutes of my walk tape.For me that is good.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 16:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 150/145/110 Female 4'11"
BF:29%/29%/22%
Progress: 13%

I have the WATP express tape (4 miles). I was suprised at how easy the tape was...somehow I had sore muscles the next day though. I consider that a good thing though since at least I know i'm putting my body to a good workout. I started the tapes before starting the atkins diet (induction started today , and I lost about 8 lbs in 2 weeks on the WATP tape. I guess if you ask me the WATP program is great