Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  43 days and 30 lbs......

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 21:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default WTG! Robert

Robert, congratulations on your great progress. Karen and I can't wait to see your before and afters when you are ready to post. We'll be looking for them. Keep up the good work. Good night and dream about those last two numbers in your stats matching. This is one dream that WILL come true. dankar
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 21:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/228/180
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Thanks dankar..

without sounding stupid and no reply is needed.... THANKS !
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 21:22
Contributing Member

Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Very inspiring!!!

That's great Big-Bobber! I can only hope for that kind of success! You have boosted my morale and resolve, thanks and wishing you continued success.

#4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 11:32

Stats: 258/235/200
BF:
Default Good job!

Big-B,
Good job on your 30lbs down. Our starting numbers are very close and I too have been doing Atkins for 45 days, yet I have only lost half as much. I'm still pleased with my progress but would like to be losing closer to your rate. I lost 12lbs the first two weeks, then its been a very slow race to the finish. I'm not struggling or cheating but wonder what I can do to increase my loss rate. Do you exercise? Any personal tips or suggestions? Everyone's different but its great to see success stories from someone with the same starts and goals as I have, its a definite inspiration. Keep up the good work.
Bojake
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 14:46

BF:
Default BOJAKE.

Thanks for the kind words and the best advice that I can give at this point of our goals is... dont ever give up ! Even if you slip...and we all do... jump right back on that horse because you probably didn't do as much damage as you think ! Keep on !

Robert... The Big Bobber !
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 13:14

BF:
Default Dr. visit report...

I have waited to report my complete physical results from 3-25 as the blood work had not come in yet... they came back today... I have been taking blood pressure medicine for the last 8 years and a week before my Dr. visit my pills ran out so I thought I would hold off getting another prescription until I saw the doctor... he was shocked to first see what the scale read..-30 lbs from my last visit and when he took my blood pressure he almost
/xofgh as it was totally normal... He then said " I guess we can get you off your blood pressure medicine" and when I told him I had not taken it in a week, he almost /xofgh again ! I don't know about the rest of you if taking blood pressure medicine affects your energy, but it made me tired all the time... I could sleep 10-12 hours if I could when I was taking them. Now, since I don't have to take them I feel much, much better. The blood tests showed normal cholesteral ( spelling ) and basically normal everything for the first time in probably 10-12 years ! The doctor wrote on the blood report that " this is the type of result he would expect from someone who was on Atkins and lost 30 lbs. "
This for me is great news cause I have always been afraid of having a stroke or something and surviving that but have to be pushed around all day by my bride of 22 years in a weelchair or something. Shoot.. she pushes me around enough as it is !
Anyway.. Atkins is working its magic and so am I... till next time..
The gettin "smaller all the time" Big Bobber !
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 16:03

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Way To Go!

Big Bobber...errr...should I say "Smaller Bobber"...

Thank you for posting your success story. My mother and I are doing this WOE together, and she has been very concerned about her cholesterol...she also takes high blood pressure medication. It's funny, she was just expressing her concerns to me this morning and I called her back with your story. I think she felt "inspired" by both the weight loss and medical success that you've had. Of course...I'm already a believer...all of my bloodwork came back normal.

I think you've done an awesome job...your story will inspire many