Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1126   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-17, 22:00

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
...You have to realize, I live in what I call a spice-averse area. The natives of the Adirondack mountains (and my husband is one) tend to like... bland.
I was born in the MidWest: I know bland! But when I lived in NYC, I learned to like flavor

Ha, I was born near Cleveland - and yes, mild is the way ...I was a mild person until moved to CA and tasted genuine Mexican food - delicious and I got used to hotter. Better.

Tonight was Chipotle - someone elses treat, so I got a taco salad minus beans and chips - just chicken, romaine, sour cream, guac, and cheese. It was good!
Sponsored Links
  #1127   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-17, 22:52

Superbowl dinner: Chicken Nachos with no beans, used cheddar crisps for my "chips", sour cream, guacamole, and...2 beers w/lime Also had a very small bowl to test out a new vegetarian chili recipe with a little cheese...not sure I like it...will see how it is tomorrow...may have to doctor...
  #1128   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-17, 16:01

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Mviesprite- I hate fast food, but in a pinch, I like the chipotle salad. I go for pretty much same order as you do. I would advise skipping the vinaigrette- I think it,s carby, and with guac, salsa and sour cream, I think it is unnecessary. I could be misremembering, though. It's been awhile.
Your Super Bowl nachos sound great! I have done a similar idea but made scoopers (chips from hunks of bell pepper- I melted my cheese over chicken. Love your idea!).

Saturday night-
Salad night- greens, red bell pepper, sf BBQ shrimp, and Annie's honey mustard dressing. Even with the dressing, it was 16 net carbs

Later I had wasabi seaweed crisps for a snack

Sunday/ Super Bowl-
2 green bell pepper halves stuffed with shredded sf BBQ chicken and melted cheddar.... With little American flag toothpicks stuck in for the occasion

Tonight-
Made about 1.5 large bowls of soup to split into two dinners (one in late afternoon, one for about 8:30), because I need food with an antibiotic.
It turned out well:
Bouillon, shredded chicken, carrots, radishes (these were star of show- they turned out like a potato in soup but a little sweeter and a love shade of pink), spinach, garlic, onion powder, parsley, paprika and finished with lemon juice.
Plus 2 baby bel mozzarella if I feel queasy tonight.

Last edited by Robin120 : Mon, Feb-06-17 at 16:07.
  #1129   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-17, 18:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had breakfast for dinner: fried egg on a coconut flour cheese tea biscuit, with a squirt of SF Heinz ketchup.
  #1130   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-17, 18:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Leftovers, Turkey and mashed cauliflower.
  #1131   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-17, 22:43

Robin - I skipped the viniagrette too - sour cream and guac is dressing a'plenty!
Yum the stuffed bell peppers sound good too.

Tonight I had the leftovers for another plate of Nachos - no beer, that was just for Superbowl
  #1132   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 06:59

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

2 uncured beef sausage with blue cheese & 2 eggs sunnyside
  #1133   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 08:37

Plan: Carnivore & IF
Stats: 357/294/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Last night was two bratwurst, tonight is oven baked chicken thighs with cauli mash.
  #1134   ^
Old Tue, Feb-07-17, 22:12

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Salad w/carrots, celery, romaine and Blue Cheese Dressing, chicken coated with melted butter and hot sauce.
  #1135   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 08:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviesprite
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Salad w/carrots, celery, romaine and Blue Cheese Dressing, chicken coated with melted butter and hot sauce.

Mmmm. Sounds good. Got a craving now

Last night, taken out for brisket & green beans almondine & chili con queso -- instead of chips I get the veggies from a wing order - works great!
  #1136   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 08:41

Plan: Carnivore & IF
Stats: 357/294/170 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Roasted chicken thighs/legs, riced cauli/sweet potato with butter, a square of 86% cacao chocolate, and 2 tbsp NSA peanut butter.
  #1137   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 11:06

BF:

Mviesprite- great minds think alike . I love doing buffalo chicken or shrimp salads. Sometimes I use wilted spinach as a base, sometimes lettuce. Blue cheese sometimes, sometimes ranch. Depends what's on hand.

Last night I did another pot of soup to split into 2 pretty big bowls to take that antibiotic. I went with bouillon, shirataki, carrots, radish, garlic, onion powder, basil, and finished with lemon juice and parsley. I liked it, but the soup the night before included paprika and I preferred that one.

Tonight is half an avo and 2 huge over easy eggs. Later I will I have 2 mozzarella baby bel with the last dose of the drug for the night.
  #1138   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-17, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
Mviesprite- great minds think alike ..
.. shirataki...

Ha Robin - they are fast, easy and so good!

I will have to try shirataki noodles... I've heard some odd things about them so haven't but, it would great to have a noodle sub besides egg crepes.

Werebear: ha! the dangers of looking at other's food...I get ideas from reading what others eat or even seeing someone eating something in a movie sometimes...

tonight was the last of the chicken nacho fixin's - no base, used up the cheese crisps over the weekend. Made guac and had sour cream with it, no salsa.
  #1139   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 11:28

BF:

Mviesprite- people love or hate the noodles. I think they are great in soups or with thick sauces like am Asian peanut sauce or cheese sauce. They don't work well for a tomato sauce!
For a pasta sub, I typically go for a veg I like- zucchini "noodles", broccoli slaw, even a bed of roasted green beans.... None of these taste like noodles, but they taste great with whatever sauce and meat I am using (shrimp with pesto, marinara and meatballs, chicken Alfredo......).

Tonight I'm having a cheddar omelette with sf catsup. I meant to go to grocery store today, but the stupid antibiotic made me realllllly dizzy and I was nervous even driving home.
I'll need something to take last night dose, too so I'm thinking an epic bar (Siracha chicken).
  #1140   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-17, 11:30

BF:

I'll also add that I love an Alfredo sauce over baby fresh spinach.