Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1096   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-10, 23:16
Registered Member

Plan: ZC/VLC/carb cycling
Stats: 185/150/120 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 54%

I have been on Atkins Induction for 2.5 weeks. Tomorrow I am going too carb up. I will do that for 3 or 4 days. I will then go back to Atkins Induction.

I will report back with my results!
Sponsored Links
  #1097   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-10, 07:56
Registered Member

Plan: MWL
Stats: 196.6/171.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I've actually read about this on a body building website that I found when I was doing a search for ketosis. Apparently it's not uncommon for body builders to do 5.5 days LC and then 36 hours high carb. Something about the extra carbs triggering certain hormones that aid in fat loss.

It was far too technical for me to understand. Love or hate bodybuilding, you've got to admit that they have to get what they're doing to their body down to an exact science in order to get as ripped as they do. (Sure some use steroids, but I imagine not all do.)

I've decided to give this carb cycling a whirl when I get closer to goal. Glad to see this thread on it!
  #1098   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-10, 10:35

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Yeah, the change in the level of carbs confuses your body so it loses fat/weight better, just like varying your workout routine changes your body composition/muscle tone, etc. It works great when you stick to it. I have overdone it a bit over the summer--really enjoying margaritas and ice cream though but I am back on track now--let's keep each other updated okay???
  #1099   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-10, 22:43
Registered Member

BF:
Default Carb UPDATE!

Update*

I started Carb UP yesterday. I had cheesecake with 15 blueberries for my breakfast.

Lunch was at Chipotle's. I had a burrito bowl with veggies, barbacodas (a shredded fatty meat) cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.

I had a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner with cheese and red onions and more cheese and some Alfredo Sauce.

This morning I repeated the pizza above for my B and for lunch I had an In N Out Cheese Burger wrapped in lettuce and...french fries!

Tonight I ate some fatty Brisket.

Done with my Carb UP for now.

Tomorrow I carb down again!

I have not felt hungry much at all either!!

TOM coming soon so not sure about any loss for now.

ETA: I did not have a stall yet on my weight loss, just shaking it up for my own enjoyment, and to experiment.
  #1100   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-10, 09:11

Plan: L. Carb, L. fat, Hi. prot
Stats: 209/160.8/154 Female 65.5 inches
BF:38%/33.9%/?%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaa
Update*

I had a cauliflower crust pizza for dinner with cheese and red onions and more cheese and some Alfredo Sauce.

Hi Bella,

Please put me out of my misery and tell me what a cauliflower crust pizza is.

Do you not want to start your own journal?

Suz
  #1101   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-10, 13:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/125 Female 5ft 6''
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys, just started to ratchet up my carb-up days to two days in the week, a weekend day and Wednesdays. This was my first week to do this, I was fine on Thurday but Friday and today I have a splitting headache, feel really tired and am really dehydrated and thirsty. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has increased their amount of carb-up days? Maybe it has nothing to do with this....
Thanks.
  #1102   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-10, 17:03
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Dehydration will cause headaches and might also be a factor in the fatigue. Be sure you're drinking you 8 glasses or more of water a day. If you are, then you may be coming down with something. I don't have ANY unusual symptoms on my carb up day.
  #1103   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-10, 21:44
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzien
Hi Bella,

Please put me out of my misery and tell me what a cauliflower crust pizza is.

Do you not want to start your own journal?

Suz

Here is a link for a recipe:

http://blog.yourlighterside.com/200...auliflower.html

When I make it, I make it using 3 cauliflowers and I freeze the results untopped, but cooked. I can defrost them later to make a pizza meal with. The way mine turn out is eat with a fork type of food.

Yes, I will start my own journal soon, right now I am working a lot .
  #1104   ^
Old Mon, Oct-04-10, 08:48

Plan: L. Carb, L. fat, Hi. prot
Stats: 209/160.8/154 Female 65.5 inches
BF:38%/33.9%/?%
Progress: 88%

Hi Barb,

Just thought I'd see how you are doing.

I'm not even checking how well I am doing, I don't feel thinner so I don't want to know. My fat intake has rocketed, especially today when I had an overwhelming desire for 2 jumbo hot dogs with cauliflower cheese mash. I'm supposed to have 83.8g fat per day and i've already had 175.48! But I've only had 24.53g carbohydrate.

This WOE seems to work for some but I don't think it will work for me.

Suz
  #1105   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 23:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzien
Hi Barb,

Just thought I'd see how you are doing.

I'm not even checking how well I am doing, I don't feel thinner so I don't want to know. My fat intake has rocketed, especially today when I had an overwhelming desire for 2 jumbo hot dogs with cauliflower cheese mash. I'm supposed to have 83.8g fat per day and i've already had 175.48! But I've only had 24.53g carbohydrate.

This WOE seems to work for some but I don't think it will work for me.

Suz
Hi Suz, I totally get that! I don't feel thinner so I am currently in some sort of denial about checking. Feeling puffy in my clothes. Am I afraid of a number???Still trying to listen to how I feel, and that works some of the time. I need to be much more consistent. And now winter is on it's way and I tend to "hibernate", and want to eat and sleep more. In life there is a challenge around every corner...or are they excuses???
  #1106   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 06:29
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%
Talking Stopping by to say Hi!

Hi cyclers!

Just dropping by to say hi and check on this very, very long thread.

In my sixth year now of maintenance. Still day in, day out no bread, grains or starches. I do have a small amount of sugar most days, meats, low carb vegs and salads, lots of dairy (I have my own goats), wine, dark chocolate.

I allow myself a cheat meal 1-3 times a week.

When I get above my three pound buffer zone, I go all the way back down to strict induction until it's gone (takes 7-10 days). I don't actually have to do that very often (a couple of times a year).

This continues to work very well for me.

Staying focused and on track really does bring results. I feel fabulous!

Take care everyone!
  #1107   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 12:56
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 63"
BF:36%/35.1%/25%
Progress: 20%
Default Introducing myself

Hi everyone -

I've been reading you thread on and off for about two weeks. I have recently decided to start Carb Cycling and started with my plan this past Monday. I am sticking to the type of plan that body builders use to cut weight even though I am no where near being a body builder, but I do lift heavy weights. I use a No Carb, Low Carb, and High Carb day and cycle through that. Yesterday was my no carb day (25g of carbs) and it was really hard for me. I don't think I've ever eaten so few carbs in a day.

I just wanted to know how people have done on this plan. I really like the idea of being able to burn fat and still retain muscle. Good to meet everyone!
  #1108   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-10, 16:53

BF:

Anita,

Thanks for the pep talk so to speak! I think your way of choosing and monitoring a buffer zone is a great idea. I sure do some weird denial dances it seems. Don't want to know?? Our psyches are so complex it seems...I still thinks it just comes down to just DO it. And choose a smaller buffer zone if I want to really continue to feel good in my skin.
  #1109   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-10, 20:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg3366
Hi everyone -

I've been reading you thread on and off for about two weeks. I have recently decided to start Carb Cycling and started with my plan this past Monday. I am sticking to the type of plan that body builders use to cut weight even though I am no where near being a body builder, but I do lift heavy weights. I use a No Carb, Low Carb, and High Carb day and cycle through that. Yesterday was my no carb day (25g of carbs) and it was really hard for me. I don't think I've ever eaten so few carbs in a day.

I just wanted to know how people have done on this plan. I really like the idea of being able to burn fat and still retain muscle. Good to meet everyone!

HI there, you say the 25g was really hard on you. Look for a good carb counter that's easy to use and remember to subtract the fiber. There are some great recipes on this website, many are easy and very low carb and will keep you on track more easily.
  #1110   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-10, 16:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/243.5/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbie

Hello

I am just introducing myself. I am researching carb cycling & thinking of trying it. I've done Atkins for about 5 months & lost about 20 #'s which was a total of about 40 #'s lost with what I did before Atkins. I fell off the wagon and have been having a hard time getting back on so I figured I'll try this as it will allow for variety and difference. I have a little more research to do so I know how to start and plan out my meals at least for a week or 2.