Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-13, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/140/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Trying it again

Retread Atkins revolution. I always drop out because everyone I know tell me how Atkins is bad for the heart, the liver, the kidneys, etc...you know? I'm scarred of hurting myself even if I feel great after a week on Atkins and there's so many studies in the book that make sense! Since October I gained...143 lbs ! Because I just tried to follow the portion, calorie counting and low fat way of eating . My family encouraged me to try it again. I ended up eating more and gaining ....I get so hungry for more starches, sugar.. Just like the book says!

Well hello again!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-13, 05:52

Stats: 274/206.4/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluoly
Retread Atkins revolution. I always drop out because everyone I know tell me how Atkins is bad for the heart, the liver, the kidneys, etc...you know? I'm scarred of hurting myself even if I feel great after a week on Atkins and there's so many studies in the book that make sense!

Even though I am so very thankful for Dr. Atkins and the Atkins diet for giving me my life back, I am guilty of sometimes not giving him, or the diet, credit for my weight loss for this very reason. The reason of people always wanting to put down the diet. I could go on all day about how I feel people that put down the Atkins diet are ignorant (which means uneducated) and are allowing society to tell them what path to follow because they are too lazy to do their research themselves.

With that said, when people ask me what "diet" I am on, I tell them I eat a clean, unprocessed diet. If the person continues to ask, I share that my diet consists of eating food as close to its original state as possible and avoids "man made" foods that are filled with chemicals, carcinogens, and artificial flavors. People are usually content with this answer. I know it's quite a mouth full but it does deter the infamous "Atkins diet will kill you" conversation and no one has yet to tell me how eating this way is going to make me die.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-13, 09:38

Stats: 141/140/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Great comeback !

Good answer ! I'm going to use that next time! Been very good and lost 3 lbs already....feeling better and better....bloating gone some! It is the way to go for me! The reading of post like yours, the articles on this website and the Atkins book are all supports I need. Thank u.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-13, 05:43

Stats: 274/206.4/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluoly
Good answer ! I'm going to use that next time! Been very good and lost 3 lbs already....feeling better and better....bloating gone some! It is the way to go for me! The reading of post like yours, the articles on this website and the Atkins book are all supports I need. Thank u.

I'm glad I can help. This forum is a wonderful support and filled with such a plethora of knowledge. Good luck!