Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 02:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/175/135 Female 5'6 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Just got off the scale and 3 pounds lighter! Let me know how you guys are doing.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 23:51

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

This thread is interesting...wondering if there are any follow-ups...night is my worst eating....
  #183   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 64
BF:too scared
Progress: 80%

i recently started back on induction because of a major weight gain. this due to stress and just plain eating badly. i am 11 days into induction and lost only 3 pounds. can this be kind of a stall?
or maybe i am just carb sensitive? any help out there?
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 09:03

Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5 ft 9
BF:41%/33%
Progress: 0%

Hi guys, wow I'm glad I found this thread, I have been on a 8 week stall now and NOTHING has helped, I have made every kind of adjustment possible and noyhing has happened, I read all your posts and am excited to try this. Will get back to you in a few days and let you know if I get this stall broke.
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 07:18
Registered Member

Plan: No white stuff, no grains
Stats: 245/221/160 Female 68inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

I had good results when I did this, I admit that our 'nomal' pattern of eating is to eat a lot more at night, and when I slipped back into that along with responding to the holidays and family stress, I gained.

Now I am trying to do it again to get the extra poundage to move fast. I have lost 5 pounds in 3 days by the way, so it works for me. And I am not able to really exercise much right now, once my schedule allows I am sure the workouts will wash some more weight down the drain.

My break down is like this:

Breakfast-550 cals, up to 10g of carbs
Lunch- 400 cals, up to 10g of carbs
Snack- 100 cals, up to 5g carbs
Dinner- 350 cals, up to 10g of carbs
Evening snack- 100 cals, up to 5g or carbs

Totals 1500 cals/40g

The carb cap is obviously more OWL than induction, but for me it's working and that is the bottom line.
  #186   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 13:37

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 285/230/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I'm back on the bandwagon. I was on and off lowcarb for about a year and regained 25 pounds - went up to 240 from 215 (my lowest using the King, Prince, Pauper method - my highest weight was 285). I blame my habitual drinking habit that took place every weekend while hanging out with friends. But I'm back and my mind is set on losing weight and being healthy. I'm currently down to 234 as of this morning (I started back on strict lowcarb on March 9th). I've decided not to touch any alcohol until I'm down to my goal weight as this is what causes me to eat as if I want to be big forever.

I won't be eating any lowcarb candies, breads, tortillas, or anything of the sort because they lead me down the wrong path - like a gateway drug or something.

So I have been cheat free for the past 11 days and I feel great and I'm very confident that this weight will be gone before I know it.

I should add the meals I typically eat:

Breakfast - usually between 3 to 4 eggs with turkey bacon (toss everything into the microwave) and smother it with Ragu Cheddar Cheese Sauce.

Lunch - usually salad with lunch meat, or Kielbasa, or Nathan's Hotdogs (1gr Carbs) with brocolli smothered in cheese sauce.

Dinner - if I eat - salad, or a hot dog and brocolli.

This averages about 1500 to 1600 calories a day - it's kinda hard to eat more than that nowadays.
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 12:36

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

I am trying this out first for a week to see how I do. I think this will work for me since I am the most hungry in the mornings. I wake up at 4:45, exercise for about 45 minutes, drink a protein shake, then I eat breakfast around 7:15 and I am so hungry. I will have my usual grilled chicken salad and my usual snacks of a protein shake, yogurt and fruit. For dinner it will be light.

I will keep you posted as to how it is working for me.
  #188   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 18:17

Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%

That is difficult if you are trying to get out the door... I usually have a protein shake for breakfast...
  #189   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 18:23
Got another Harley

Plan: LOW CARB
Stats: 300/165/135 Female 5"04"
BF:44/29/21
Progress: 82%

i love the shakes too