Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-14, 15:24

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default My Yoga Journey

I do not like traditional exercise, such as going to a gym (where a billion people can watch me look ridiculous) or running (my right knee doesn't like impact so much, even though I do like to run personally), so I started diving into yoga videos on YouTube about two weeks ago. Most of the days since then I have done some type of yoga video, whether it's a simple beginner's video or a yoga for weight loss (bit more intense) sequence. I am, surprisingly, happy with my choice of physical activity so much so that I feel compelled to do it every day. It seems to be helping some with the chronic lower back pain that plagues me.

Today's yoga videos:
20 Minute Yoga for Beginners with Yoga by Adriene
~15 minute video - Day 1 of 30 Day Yoga Challenge (new addition)

I might still do the 6 Minute Yoga for Abs by Yoga by Adriene later tonight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 20:32

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Love love LOVE my Yoga DVD that I got!!! I purchased Yoga for beginners and beyond with Barbara Benagh. Im still on am/pm for beginners but Im in no hurry as I just love it! Like you, Its something I actually look forward to doing!!! So nice to hear it has helped your back! It has helped my posture and my sleep so much ... I love it!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-09-14, 21:44

BF:

Sunny, I do a free yoga video from YouTube that I really enjoy...well not one video, but I rotate a few different ones from the same person. It has helped greatly with regards to my back pain and is already showing great results too with toning my arms and thighs. I have visible forearm muscles and the tops of my thighs have muscles that I can see too sometimes now lol!

I am at a month of daily yoga, usually doing a 40 minute Yoga for Weight Loss video. I haven't skipped a day!!! 178.6 was my low weight from a couple of months ago, but it would seem as if I might finally go BELOW that number soon. Tonight I was 179.4 before bed, which is a GREAT number for me -- I'm starting to lose again after a couple of months in the low 180s.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 20:07

BF:

Still doing yoga every day for 40 minutes. Feeling great and seeing muscle definition I'm not used to! Lol.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 20:27

BF:

Yay!!! So very glad I tried it because like you I love it.

Is this what you are doing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3na6ThUJc I may hafta give it a whirl....when I youtubed it I saw Jillians video and had to giggle only because Ive heard a few mention her place is in the gym. Love that woman but will definately skip her yoga video
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-20-14, 09:28

BF:

Yes, I rotate that video and the other 40 minute video she does that is actually a little less than 40 minutes (38 and some change). They're similar, but one works my arms a little more (the one you linked) and the other works the legs a little more (the 38 minute one). Both do a good job on abs.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-20-14, 10:02

BF:

Sweet I think I will try it when I get home from work this afternoon. After I do my am video, the "poses" are so amazing....and Im sure to learn a few more "poses" with your's. Ill let you know. Have a great day
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-21-14, 15:10

BF:

Oh My Shoe!!! THAT was tough! So glad I did my AM yoga round first and I was nice and loose! My sessions I have been doing are a walk in the park.....BUT so glad I did yours too! I will do the other one tomorrow. Planking rocks!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-21-14, 15:18

BF:

OH my....I just realized this is YOUR gym log! I hope you don't mind me butting in. If you do....I apologize :/
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-21-14, 22:39

Plan: Atkins-ish :)
Stats: 365/243/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 61%

I saw this thread and just had to pop in! I am an avid supporter of Yoga It basically cured my chronic lower back pain and my depression. I practice some form of it seven days a week! I started out with restorative yoga and have since dappled in numerous different disciplines. Good for you!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-22-14, 01:01

BF:

Next to hiking ( I need to find a buddy ) yoga is so it for me! Its amazingly hard yet so unbelievably easy???? Never woulda thunk you were a yogi with a name like that
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-23-14, 16:07

BF:

Yes this is a body intense session lol. I did simpler stuff for a while before this, just to get used to the routine. I do love yoga and have been doing 40min daily without fail even at 11pm sometimes. I like it a lot, back feels good, and have some seriously toned forearms all of a sudden.

Sunny, no worries!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-14, 16:06

BF:

Are you still "reaching out with Simba" LOL. Just finished session with Adrian and wanted to pop in and say hi!