Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/136/108 Female 62 inches
BF:35/28/20
Progress: 7%
Default Slim in Six

I did the Slim in Six videos about 3 years ago with good results and then about 2 years ago with good results. Is anyone else doing these?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 09:59
Registered Member

Stats: 270/208.5/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

i have done slim in six and lost tons if inches but gained weight I felt so bad I have had a hard time getting back to it. I have never combined atkins and slim in six for the full ssix weeks. mmm I bet the results would be awesome. Let me know whats up
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-05, 11:35

Well,
I haven't started back yet. Do you want to try to do the two combined?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-05, 05:48
Registered Member

BF:

Well, I haven't started back yet but I intend to start this Monday. I have a hard time sticking to it . All those lunges and squats really hurt. But, my husband always sees a big difference in the way my body looks. I really want to combine the both. I have for about two weeks then I end up cheating. I hope that this time I really stick with it.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 04:32

Well, I can start tomorrow morning. I know its best to do it in the morning, but that means getting up early enough to exercise and to take a shower because you know that it really makes you sweat!
I think that I will jump right to Burn it Up because it doesn't have as many plies and I really hate, hate, hate those plies! (or however you spell it)
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 05:37
Registered Member

BF:

The last time I did sis I jumped to Burn it up and did it for the 6 weeks. I really like the cardio intensity. The other tapes have more sculpting then cardio. I just hope this time I can drop some weight along with it. Losing inches is great but it really sucks if those pounds don't start to come off too. I really hate plies too. The first time I did Start it up I could not sit down for two days without crying. Major Pain!!! But thats one off the best ways to work your inner thighs which don't get worked much in everyday life. And I could defiinitely use some work there!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 10:50

Okay
so when are we going to start?
Do you want to go directly to BIU?
I am going to a conference next week, but I can bring my BIU video along.
I am really pumped!

Losing pounds would be great. When I exercise and gain weight, my husband always says to muscles weight more than fat. Whatever. I don't believe that you gain 5 pounds of muscle in less than a week!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 04:15

It's 5:15 am and I just did 10 (yes, just 10) minutes of Keep It Up. I couldn't find a BIU quickly and I had never used the KIU that came with my order. I liked it (well, the 10 minutes I did) because she moves from one thing to the next quickly. She did, but didn't over do, the plies.
Next time, I am going for 15.
The whole thing is 39 minutes, so it will be do-able in the mornings.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 05:44
Registered Member

BF:

People say you can't gain 5 lbs a week but I gained 12 pounds since the beginning of the month and I excercise regularly. My friend is a herbalist and she said if you gain weight that quick it must be water weight.
Did you ever do the whole program? I liked kiu too. Great job doing 10 minutes it is always best to start somewhere. I used to pause the tape, recover, then get back in it. Try that it may help increase your endurance. I am going to start on monday. I was going to start last monday but I am fasting during the days this month for religious purposes and sis is way to hard to do when you can't eat for twelve hours a day!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 08:01

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey folks,

My pal Natasha wants to sell her Slim in 6 (the whole thing) but doesn't know how much to ask for it.

I want to buy it from her as I keep hearing such great things about it.

Tell me, if you all were selling your Slim in 6, how much would you want for it?

Kim
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 10:53

Kim: The tapes that I have are about 3 or 4 years old. At that time, it came with Start it Up (50 minutes approximately) Ramp It Up (47 minutes?) Burn it Up (50 minutes or so) Keep it Up (39 minutes) Slim and Limber (stretching tape -- maybe 20 minutes) Slim and Six Pack (again, maybe 20 minutes or less) and three different resistance bands.
I hear that the whole Slim in Six program is different now -- the tapes are shorter I believe. When I did this religiously, it was that you did SIU for week one and two, RIU for three and four, and BIU for 5 and 6. This time frame has changed, too.
I believe that the origional price was around $120, and well worth it. I did it all summer long with incredible results that were visible after the very first week. As in, my stomach was definitely flatter, I was stronger, and had a sleeker body.

For me to sell mine (which I would not), I would charge at least $60 but probably no more than $90. This is because SIU, RIU, and KIU do not have many hours of wear and tear on them.

Like I said, this is a great, sweat-worthy, program. Now, if I could only get back into doing it every day!

Let me know what happens.

Turner
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 10:55

Sarayaha:
Ask your friend about a natural cure for this water weight. I have gained all the way back to 138 this week, and I promise that besides an unfortunate tootsie roll incident on Monday, I have been good, good, good for at least a week.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Nov-06-05, 18:29
Registered Member

BF:

Turner: I take hydrangea you can find it in the health food stores in powder form and then capsule it yourself. Make sure you are drinking the recommended 64 oz If you are dehydrated you will retain water, watch your salt too.
Misskimbie:I paid the 120 for 3 dvds with siu riu and biu slim in limber and slim in six pack. And the 3 bands. On e-bay they sell for as little as 10 bucks to 120. It is well worth whatever you pay.

Starting program again 2morrow.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-13-05, 17:30

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

I've done Si6 along with Atkins several times now and have always had stellar results. The two programs combined are amazing! I wish you success with them

~Brook
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-05, 07:51
Registered Member

BF:

where r u Turner? Haven't heard from you. Did u got to the conference?