Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 19:45
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Lab Rats on a Quest 2

Here we are in our new laboratory, seeking what works for us in our quest to lose weight and maintain health.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 19:49
Tikib on a Quest

Plan: Primal Atkins
Stats: 335/274.2/169 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Thanks Blue. I had no idea how to do this. Whew
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 19:53
Tikib on a Quest

BF:

Wow Zoo. You were really tiny. We are both lucky to be alive... And, in my case, not blind. I was in an "old fashioned" leaky incubator. I've met people who were in the "new improved" ones that had too much oxygen and burned out their retinas or some such. I do have "premie stress" in my eyes... when an ophthalmologist looked in my eyes and told me I was a premie I was stunned (since I weighed in about 165 it was for sure not obvious). Ah, I sure wish I was at 165 these days. Then I was sure I was the fattest person on earth and did all kinds of damage to my body to become thin. Well, you can see how well that worked ....
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 19:58
Tikib on a Quest

BF:

Off to feed the dog and go out to dinner. Creamed chard is one of the items ... yum.

Oh, and I do love cats... I have a major allergy. I tried to get desensitized so I could live with one ... but it didn't work. It did work with dogs so I'm a dog person now. When I visit OC's (other people's cats) they get so discouraged. They can't figure out why I don't pet them when they are so cute. I can see the wheels turning... "gee... this usually works. No, well, how about this... no, hmmm stupid human."Such funny creatures.

Not a motorhead.... I don't like noise. Gee, I'm failing at 2 out of 3... can I still stay?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 20:00
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Okay, just a blip of a post.....hubby and I have a foreign film to watch and I have to read the subtitles...

I just peeked at my new March edition Good Housekeeping magazine (Kelly Ripa is on the cover) and there is a detailed article about buying the right bra and the six steps to get the right fit.

Okay....Gerard Depardieu awaits. Nitey-nite or, shall I say.....bon nuit!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/166.2/155 Female 5ft 7 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Okay, I need to get out more. I didn't know about the 2000 limit. But I made it here.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 20:23
Low carb since 2003

Plan: DADR 1972 version Atkins
Stats: 193/149/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well I found my way here too! My kids came and got me and took me to Ikea and then out to lunch. It was a long day but I enjoyed it and now my wonderful son in law is assembling my new dining table. I am indeed a very luck lady.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 20:39
Registered Member

Stats: 270/166.2/155 Female 5ft 7 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

My son won't go with me anymore to Ikea, because he had a nightmare where he couldn't find his way out of the store. I can waste so much time at that place.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:06

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 182/142/125 Female 5'
BF:35.4
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikib
Wow Zoo. You were really tiny. We are both lucky to be alive... And, in my case, not blind. I was in an "old fashioned" leaky incubator. I've met people who were in the "new improved" ones that had too much oxygen and burned out their retinas or some such. I do have "premie stress" in my eyes... when an ophthalmologist looked in my eyes and told me I was a premie I was stunned (since I weighed in about 165 it was for sure not obvious). Ah, I sure wish I was at 165 these days. Then I was sure I was the fattest person on earth and did all kinds of damage to my body to become thin. Well, you can see how well that worked ....

Wow - how on earth did he know? I remember reading about the blindness due to the incubators, but I honestly don't know which one I was in.
I do have problems with my eyes -- some kind of corneal dystrophy, which, I may add, seems to be a lot better these days......
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:12

Plan: Atkins classic
Stats: 270/190/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hello, just checking in so I will be able to be subscribed to the new thread. I love reading about all your adventures. What a nice support you provide each other. I am curious, do you only know each other online or are some of you real life pals as well?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:13

And, here we are, on a new thread. I had a brief moment of panic when I saw the thread was closed...

Who was asking about bras? My solution is kind of pricey, but I had no choice. Nordstrom will fit you properly, and of course find you appropriate bras. They cost more, but they will fit. The one thing that didn't go down was my cup size; I went from a 40G TO a 34 G, meaning I have the privilege of paying through the nose for bras, because Target and JC Penney do not carry that size. But I have to say, the bras at Nordstrom are expensive, but they do fit, they're beautiful, and they last because they're well constructed.

Once you know your size, you can check online at Barenecessities.com, where the prices can be good--although if you're beyond a DD, good luck saving money.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
Okay, just a blip of a post.....hubby and I have a foreign film to watch and I have to read the subtitles...

I just peeked at my new March edition Good Housekeeping magazine (Kelly Ripa is on the cover) and there is a detailed article about buying the right bra and the six steps to get the right fit.

Okay....Gerard Depardieu awaits. Nitey-nite or, shall I say.....bon nuit!

Oooh, I love foreign films - enjoy!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:22

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Oh good, we have a new home. SeattleDeb, we've just met on line, but it's been a year or so since we met. We've had a similar-running thread since last summer - June, I think.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:55

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

SeattleDeb, please forgive my manners ---feel free to jump in at any time. We've acquired some "new members" since we moved here and we always welcome newcomers.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 21:59

Stats: 241/212/160 Female 5 ft.
BF:
Progress: 36%

I've been lurking and soaking up knowledge. I love the links Janet gives us. I've found valuable info from them. Haven't been to the "old Homesite" because I'm happy at our new home.
Thank you lovely ladies for the help you give.
Closed Thread