Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 20:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey guys!!!

yea you can see I am into Lobster mode here. been on this forum for a while. I hang out in the Atkins Induction to goal...which is for me a zero carb situation for my plan.

Charms, induction will treat you very well. It is a great way to cleanse out the body. I basically stay in induction for my eating plan. works well for me being one of those super carb sensitive types, in that, give me ANY carbs and I eat and eat and eat more and more So at this point after years of useless dieting mostly, I finally have to stay under that 5-8 total carbs per day, in that area I thrive, plus being a meat hound it works wonders for me.

Hey MickiSue, hope all is going well for you!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 20:25

BF:

JAZ AND NICCO!

WEEEeeee......we are free to chat away my friends!!!!

wander around the forum, it is a good one!!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 20:38

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JAZ AND NICCO!

WEEEeeee......we are free to chat away my friends!!!!

wander around the forum, it is a good one!!!!!

Wow, now tell Blue Skies to come over.....
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 20:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Wow, now tell Blue Skies to come over.....

And Trig too..........!!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 21:09

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Hey guys!!!

yea you can see I am into Lobster mode here. been on this forum for a while. I hang out in the Atkins Induction to goal...which is for me a zero carb situation for my plan.

Charms, induction will treat you very well. It is a great way to cleanse out the body. I basically stay in induction for my eating plan. works well for me being one of those super carb sensitive types, in that, give me ANY carbs and I eat and eat and eat more and more So at this point after years of useless dieting mostly, I finally have to stay under that 5-8 total carbs per day, in that area I thrive, plus being a meat hound it works wonders for me.

Hey MickiSue, hope all is going well for you!!

I was planning on staying in the induction part longer than 2 weeks but I may actually stay here for even longer than my second thought on it lol
I am having a bit of a hard time getting my carbs low enough, they tend to seek up even though I am not eating starches or wheat based things, but the tracker said today I had 32!
I am reading Adkins' New Diet Revolution now so I hope to keep tweeting my diet more by the time I am finished it!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-16, 22:04

BF:

Hi Charms
Here is a good thread for DANDR that you might find helpful.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:07

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have the BIGGEST smile on my face this morning- !!!

Lori- yes safe travels- you are hitting a 80 degree beach- no rain in site. It should be grand!!! Details- details!!

Nic- Yea!!!!!! Here ya are! lets unpack and get down to business!!!

Trig- for you! home- Give strong women a project- BOOM!

Blue- ya here?

Hi Charms, Sue- !

All-
Well it was painful to put those stats in- let me tell ya. I really thought it will come sooner that I can crawl under that BIG bench mark- and make new goal. I am even up a few pounds 2 from what I listed.
However I am on my SECOND- SECOND TOM- in 11 days??? WT ? and up 2-3 pound. My body is SO confused.

So I am starting from here and now -

Ok- Work is going GREAT. It is a very laid back environment- I am not used to that. But it is a breath of fresh air. I am adjusting- and it will work for me- for awhile.

Ok- SOOOOOO..... last night was 3nd time out with MR. Bigboy- well we had the health talk. I am SO inspired by him. Turns out he is a diabetic- found out 2 years ago and he was put on 2 injectable forms of insulin and metformin tablet. Well I can tell you- once you hit the insulin its rare to get off of it. But he went LOW CARB- dropped 80 pounds and has 60-70- to go and got off the shots. He is down to just a tablet in the morning.

Bottom line- he is actively working on his weight and health. AND he finds me- "beautiful" as is. So I said- if you like it now - guess what- fast forward and I hit goal- you will really like it then.
His response?!- Lets do it together! OMG- Plus- he could not be in better hand either- his mouth fell open when I told him EXACTLY what I do for a living- diabetic teaching and high risk patients. Working with high risk- patients.
it's a win/win- and taking it slow. VERY SLOW-

Ok- that is my news. But it is inspiring to have a health buddy- right here in town- and if it blossoms into something else- so be it!!!!

Ok- I am sorta going to do a kick off- I am doing just eggs and sausage today. I want to go light. - Feeling slightly bloaty.

Off- and running-
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:11

BF:

Charms, carb creep is such a real thing and it can get us into trouble....in that if you are very carb sensitive, if you get up in those carbs it starts up cravings in your body.

Some can easily handle more carbs and do fine.

Just the key is to find your CCL (critical carb limit) for yourself personally. When you know what kind of person you are, then you can adjust yourself accordingly and do very well on a low carb plan that suits you to a T.

Rock on!!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
I have the BIGGEST smile on my face this morning- !!!

Ok- that is my news. But it is inspiring to have a health buddy- right here in town- and if it blossoms into something else- so be it!!!!

Ok- I am sorta going to do a kick off- I am doing just eggs and sausage today. I want to go light. - Feeling slightly bloaty.

Off- and running-

So happy you got that smile on your face Jaz!

Yea when I read his journey about the diabetes I was so surprised cause I thought, that is what JAZ does!!

I think you truly could have a good health buddy situation here (and if more comes that is cool!) but at least you have someone to hike with and all....is he into hikes and all that? I hope your poochy likes him he can go on some long dog walks with you!

Smart on keeping the eating light, nothing worse than bloaty
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
And Trig too..........!!

HI YA! I am Trig
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have moved up - I am now a shrimp- hahahahahah
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:22

BF:

HI ALL
so it is Halloween for kiddo at school today!

going as a hobo, and when she dresses up in her flannel shirt and hat and we put a black beard on her with the halloween makeup, OMG she looks just like her cousin Kevin....HA HA...I swear we make her look like a guy so real it is funny!!

At least she is going to Trunk or Treat at school today....she came home early from school yesterday cause she puked....so happy whatever it was is over!! So she is fine this morning and going!

Keeping it super simple in food, woke up with that definite not hungry feeling.....so bacon egg omelet whenever and I have a small ribeye for dinner later.

Gonna take doggie out for hike at the walking track. Cloudy with rain somewhere coming, hope it holds off!

Nothing much doing other than the usual chores and such today.
Will take life a little easy, not in the mood to do too much

everyone have a great day!!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
I have moved up - I am now a shrimp- hahahahahah

You are a chicken leg my friend!!!!!!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Talking

Good Morning!

Today is the day!! Road trip here I come! It's getting real now. I'm hitting the shower by 9 and on the road by 10:30.

Jaz...I am grinning from ear to ear reading your post this morning! How great that your new friend is on the journey to get healthy and who better to guide him than you?? Enjoy getting to know him and have fun!

Trig...thanks so much for getting us all together here!

I will be trying to pop in here from the road, but not sure how that will work. I'll miss you all.........don't forget about me!

Nic.....hope you continue to feel well.

Blue...hope you find us!

Off I go!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-16, 04:39

BF:

safe trip Lori and have a blast.

we will be here when ya return, never fear

have tons of fun! I am so jealous ya know....beach trips are my thing to the max!
Closed Thread