Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 12:23

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Chantyl you and Myrt are the inspiration for us over 60s.
You have both done so very well.
Know that there were added problems that you both have and are overcoming.
Going through the clothes will be something to look forward to and well deserved verification of your journey.
N2L
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-15, 18:24

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Chanteyl, that is awesome about the jeans and going down in sized. What a neat feeling.

What was the website that you found the chair exercises, I would like to pass it on to my mother.
  #198   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-15, 15:17

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Went to rheumatologist in San Antonio. Everything AOK so that's good. B took me over there. See Ya
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-15, 18:57

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Sunshine today, yeah.
Myrt, that's good news.
It is good to see more posts here again.
N2L
  #200   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-15, 12:33

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 157/122.8/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:belly 40.3/8
Progress: 92%

I hate doing exercises. Ugh! My son hung my bike from the garage rafters. I can't get it down. Maybe, I could buy a bigger basket and learn how to ride it first, then I could start driving Soot around on my bike.

I bought the bike used plus it's my favorite color. I have a safety belt made for a dog in a car. I have seen people driving their bikes around with dogs in the basket. I think Soot would love it. He's too lazy to walk far. He would start a walk with X and then I would see X carrying him back home.

He likes to act like he's hurt so I will pick him up and put him on my bed at night. He is terrible spoiled.
  #201   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-15, 09:18

I start a different TOPPS Tuesday morning. I am really determined to lose this weight.

I can see my hip bone when I lay on my side now. Tee hee. Belly looks more like a volley ball instead of a basket ball. I love making all these, new or rather old, discoveries about myself. My waistline in the back keeps moving around.

I have been dieting for forever and finally lost a size. It really inspires me to continue. I'm 73 with an up coming birthday in May.

I gained a pound last week but my weight is shifting around. Remember to keep that protein up. I don't count carbs, I just Atkins 72, with berries. I don't like meats much and I don't like fat on meats. I do love butter and cheez. Last night, I munched baby dill pickles. Just because I was bored.
  #202   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-15, 16:15

TOPPS canceled because of snow.

I'm feeling down, or cabin fever, sick of winter cold and snow. Would like to be able to go somewhere. It was warmer today but snowed like crazy.

Dreaming of a surf and turf dinner anywhere but at home.
  #203   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-15, 21:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Well like I posted in the general forum it has been forever since I have posted anything. It's better if I keep up with it because it keeps me motivated. Have hit quite a plateau, my weight haven't budged for awhile. Part of what happens I guess.

It gets discouraging but I have to realize this is a lifetime commitment not necessarily a diet.

I came from Michigan so I understand completely what you are going thru Chanteyl.

That is awesome news myrt, that must be such a relief. We had a beautiful day here today too N2L, my heart goes out to the folks in the other part of the country. Hope everyone has a good night
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-15, 03:57

Gained a pound, but I feel like I lost weight. Big huge areas of my body are suddenly gone overnight. I love Atkins 72. I am eating blackberries and blueberries half a cup every other day.
  #205   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-15, 14:47

I forgot to mention berries are one of the last rungs on Atkins. I have been on Atkins for years. Don't want some newbie on induction thinking they could just start adding berries. On Atkins 72 after 2 week induction you add 5 carbs every week with berries several months out. It took me over a year before I was able to eat them.

Still can't eat bread yet. It still sets off all kinds of craves.

Woo Hoo, I have a waist from the front now. Ughly belly still, but a lot of it is gone now.
  #206   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-15, 06:21

I can picture my fat, all scared and shaking, because I'm going after it now and I'm deadly serious it's time for it to die.

One stab is diet, one stab is recording, one stab is determination or sticking with it, one stab is writing in my journal daily, and the last stab is exercise.
  #207   ^
Old Sun, Mar-08-15, 20:41

BF:

Last week W came to town and we did the taxes together. I was really sweatin' it because all the withholding was out of his checks. He could have filed by himself and gotten a big refund. He only said one nasty thing so that was pretty good. This week he's playing mind games telling me my car insurance is going to be cancelled. I thought maybe it was true and went down to the insurance office. I'm not going to answer his calls anymore.
I hurt my right foot---strained a tendon and muscle---at PT last Wed. so I took it easy this week end. I did go swimming yesterday and keep walking the dog. Did absolutely nothing but church and taking care of the dog today. myrt
  #208   ^
Old Wed, Mar-11-15, 08:59

I have not spoke a word to my x since we got the divorce. I walk right past him with out looking at him. I have my lawyer call his lawyer when I need to. My X likes to push me around and tell me what to do.

That was the best part of the divorce for me. Not having to listen to him anymore. I now have the right to do things the wrong way.
  #209   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-15, 08:16

Myrt- good girl, that's your job now, taking care of you and your puppy. Feel's nice to me. No more, have to do this, should be doing that, or better get the mess cleaned up before he get's home.

I also love cleaning the house in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake and letting it go when I'm suddenly sleepy.

These last few pounds are really hard again. I'm getting anxious about them. I want them gone.
  #210   ^
Old Sat, Mar-14-15, 19:43

BF:

You're right about not talking to him. He doesn't have a lawyer but that's his problem. According to him he came out smelling like a rose over totaling the Suburban and the other RV. Whether he did or not I really don't care. The way I look at it he's the loser because he's crazy and so unhappy and keeps trying to make me miserable. I pray about not saying nasty things back to him---revenge hasn't worked in the past so I don't think it will work now. My motto is kill your enemies with kindness because it drives them nuts.
Weighed 133.2 this morning so I'm trying not to be scared about not gaining my weight back but I can't take being at my goal for granted. I bought some new clothes today to wear to church...now if I can just have the guts to wear them. Maybe not tomorrow...maybe next week. myrt