Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 07:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy

I started Atkins 16 days ago. I had a quick loss in the first week of about 7-8lbs. No loss in week two, which was a little discouraging. I was feeling so confident about this diet. Last night I turned to food for comfort. Comfort included a mini bag of M&M's, an egg roll and a glass of regular pepsi. This morning I am starving, which has not happened since I started the diet and I feel nauseous. Have I completely ruined my diet? Will I continue ti lose weight? I am so mad at myself.

Rosie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 08:00
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Rosie, just get back on induction, there's no use being mad, we all have moments of weekness. Do you think you gave in because you had no loss the second week? Have you been taking measurements to determine fat loss instead of just weight loss? You might want to take measurements, and to weigh everyday.

Best thing to only weight-in once a week, daily fluctuations can be very discouraging, especially when it's just water retention.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 08:41

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Rosie, slap the back of your hands and jump back on the induction plan and don't worry about it.

Remember:
Don't look at going off the diet as failure....look at it as practice!

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

Make notes of why you chose mm's, eggrolls and pepsi, learn what happened and next time you get that urge, pull up your notes and read. Go for a walk, or something

Take care and good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 08:43
Registered Member

Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Lightbulb You are probably right

I was really discouraged with 2nd wk results (or should I say No results). I was weighing in everday, every time I went in the bathroom! So I sent my scale to visit my mother. I was so excited Sunday morning when I went to my mothers to weigh in and nothing. So cheating probably did have something to do with my "No Results". I measured myself before I started the diet and then once at the end of wk 1 but there was no change. I will jump right back into the induction. I cannot allow myself to give up again!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx Rosie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 09:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Rosie,

Remember that what you are doing is not a diet, it's a new way of life that you you are learning. As with all learning processes, it takes a while to get good and comforable with it.

How long did it take you gain and get used to the weight that you are carrying and now want to lose? Don't obsess on the scales.

Have you read Tinakaye's "Motivation" thread? It's fantastic!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...24416#post24416

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 17:33

Plan: protein power
Stats: 190/150/145
BF:
Progress: 89%

ya fall off the wagon--ya get up, dust yourself off and GET BACK ON!!!!!!!!!.....most of us in the forum are on this diet primarily because we are carb addicts and are basically ruining our bodies, self esteem and energy because of them....just like an alcoholic when he slips and binges, he realizes what he did (the morning after) feels guilty about it---but he knows what he has to do.....

you know what to do also....hang tight!!!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 17:57

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:

like everyone else has said, don't beat yourself up over it. that was yesterday. you can't do anything about it now. but you can change how you behave today. drink lots and lots of water. drink til your teeth are floating. this helps a lot of people get back into ketosis after a mini binge.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-09-01, 18:37

Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Rosie...

Don't give up! Get back in the game. I'm rooting for you.
Dan
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-10-01, 01:42

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Well said everyone

Don't beat yourself up....you are learning a new wol.....like Karen says, this is not some kind of fad diet.

Forget the scales, not worth it, go by how you feel inside. Who wants to wake up hungry...not worth it eh? (oh my check out the eh...Canadian eh? LOL)

Wendy