Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 11:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/191/120 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

Good luck Jules... I started at 206 and after a week and a half I feel better than ever. The energy comes back and makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. I have about 60 lbs to go also. We can do this!! Hang in there and Good luck.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 13:15
Registered Member

Stats: 202/191.8/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks Cincy I hope I can do this! I just want to feel good about myself again!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 19:53
Registered Member

Stats: 220/200/135 Female 5'7
BF:31
Progress: 24%

I am so with you on the goal of losing 50 pounds by september, because, school starts up again then- and I would love to suprise everyone by looking fit and beautiful! Man oh man if I go back weighing 150 pounds...oh, that would be a dream come true, seriously! I'd strut it like no one before! Good luck to you and me!
BYE!
  #34   ^
Old Sat, May-21-05, 20:54
Registered Member

BF:

I hear ya Holly! I work for the school district (Special Education instructional assistant) here and that is why I want to lost my weight by September. I know my co-workers would flip, much less hardly be able to recognize me. So far I have lost 7 pounds, so I am doing pretty good. I think it is easier for me though during the work week because I keep busier and I don't stop being on the go until about 9PM when I put my daughter to bed.
Today I went grocery shopping and got some fresh and frozen veggies, cream and meats to keep me on track.
Today I ate:
Breakfast: mushroom, onion and cheese omelette,1/2 Keibalsa sausage and water.
Lunch: 2 bacon cheeseburgers (without bun-wrapped in lettuce) from Wendy's and water.
Dinner: baked chicken breast, cauliflower and crystal light.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 13:46
Registered Member

BF:
Default Question

Is there a limit as to how much bacon you are allowed during induction? I want to make sure I am not going over my 20 carbs a day!
I weighed myself this morning and no loss. Oh well, I am not going to give up. I even made my fiance pancakes without temptation, which is a good thing.
I would really like to lose 10 pounds by this coming Friday...guess I am gonna have to bust my butt a little more at the gym.
Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 4 peices bacon, 1 cup cauliflour, 16 oz water and 16 oz crystal light.
I hope all that have responded to my post are doing well.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 22:05
Registered Member

Stats: 220/200/135 Female 5'7
BF:31
Progress: 24%

Way to hold out against temptation! I am weak willed and I guess that is why I am overweight. Keep motivated, because everyone has a stall sometime in the 3rd week or so. Just know that in the next month or two we will both be down at least 20 more pounds! That is like 3 dress sizes! Oh, I can't wait! Good luck!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 22:16
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks again Holly!
I made it through day 5 of induction "yippie!"
I didn't eat lunch today because I had a late breakfast but I had a good dinner and SO MUCH water (teeth floating) !
Dinner: 1 large baked chicken breast, 1 tsp low carb bbq sauce, 1/2 cup green beans and water.
I really hope I have lost another pound when I weigh in the morning!
I didn't do any excercise this weekend but I am going to the gym tomorrow night so that might help.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 08:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default I Love LC!

Weighed myself this morning down to 193.4 I hope I can make it down to 190 by Friday. I felt so good this morning and I am excited that the weight is coming off. Thanks to all that have given me words of encouragment, you have no idea how it has kept me on track and gives me something to actually look forwards to everyday!!
Breakfast: 3 hardboiled eggs, water, crystal light and a smile!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 08:54

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

WTG jules!!!

Induction is so wonderful, isn't it. And then when you start to see the results on the scale, in your clothes; in addition to FEELING the results -- it's a natural high that will hopefully keep you motivated to keep on trucking!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 09:14

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 218/196/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Welcome Jules!

Congratulations on your wonderful start! It's really obvious that you are excited and committed to doing this! You're doing great.

A few hints -

1. You get the weight loss tracker thing from www.tickerfactory.com . You make your ticker and then cut and paste it onto your signature (which can be accessed by going into User CP on the toolbar).

2. I REALLY suggest you start journal. You go into the Journal section and start a new thread. That thread is your journal. People will visit you in your journal and post support and you should do the same for other members. It's the best way to make your on-line friends and wil really make you feel like part of the gang.

3. MOST PEOPLE have a week 2 or 3 stall. I'm not saying it will, but if it does happen to you, DO NOT get discouraged. It's normal. It doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong. Your body is just adjusting.

4. I find it helpful to keep track of my carbs and calories on www.fitday.com
In order to get truly accurate counts, you will need to input "custom" foods, but I find that their selection of foods is pretty comprehensive and you can get fairly accurate results as long as you are honest about the portions you are consuming. I count calories as well as carbs, but not everyone needs to do that. If you are going to count calories, a helpful guideline (for me) is goal weight x 10 or 12 (depending on level of activity). So on days I work out, I try to stay under 1800 cals. On days I don't work out, I try to stay under 1500. Fitday is also good because it helps you to see when you aren't getting ENOUGH calories. It's important not to eat any less than 1200 calories a day (as a rough guide). It can slow your weight loss. Since the state of ketosis acts as a natural appetite surpressant, some people find it hard to get enough calories. If I were to criticise your menus, I would say that some days it looks like you may not be eating enough.

5. You are SO GOOD to exercise. Most people will see results even without exercise, but if you do put the time in at the gym, your body will really firm up and you will lose INCHES much more quickly. A lot of people find that lo-carbing helps them be smaller at a higher weight, because unlike very low cal/low fat diets, lo carbers don't lose a lot of muscle mass while they are losing weight.

6. Although you can initially lose weight really quickly on Atkins, for most people the losses slow to a much more reasonable 1-2 pounds per week. This is still great progress and you shouldn't get disappointed if the losses really slow down. So if you really stick to it, by September, you should be able to see about 170ish. But with all your exercise, you will look like you weight 20 pounds less than that.

Good luck, Jules. You so have the right attitude! Start a journal so we can follow your progress!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 13:14
Registered Member

BF:

Thankyou for the grandioso welcome Monocarb! I appreciate all the advice you have given me. I went to fitday and got a ticker but for some reason it won't let me paste it into my posts, I will try to figure it out sometime.
I forgot my lunch so I just went for a walk instead...gonna eat as soon as I get home!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 19:15
Registered Member

BF:

Since I forgot my lunch today I got home and inhaled a salad with half a chicken breast, 2 tbsp ranch dressing and crystal light... I was so hungry!
Dinner: stirfry with beef, pea pods, broccoli, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, water.
Gonna go to the gym tonight. I so want to lose a total of 10 pounds by this Friday!!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 06:43
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 183/173/135 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Hi Jules, just checking in to say

hope you have a Wonderful day!!

Drink your water!!!!

#44   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 07:37
Registered Member

BF:
Default 191.8....I am in awe!

I cannot believe it, I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 191.8! I am freakin' out because I am eating and the weight is falling off (says quick prayer) "Lord don't let it stop!"
*does a dance and even throws in a curtsey*
I went to the gym last night and did an hour on the elliptical, I guess it is paying off.
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/2 keibalsa sausage, crystal light and water.
LC is tops in my book!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 10:09

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

'nough said.