Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 14:24

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Bealtaine a hAon - May-day challenge

HI to old friends on this low carb journey,I am starting a new challange to end on May !st.I know there is a forumn for buddies and challenges but this is just to keep the Irish forum going.I hope to lose 10lbs by May dayI now weigh 214lbs so 204 or better still 200 lbs (magic number!) is what I'm aiming for .SO feel free to join in .Just a thought I wonder if anyone from Ireland would ever consider meeting up sometime in Dublin as I have seem in the English forum where the have meet up in a restaurant in London a few times to exchange ideas etc.- just a thought.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 15:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

I've to lose 11lbs by May 1st thats my Target. I'll have 7 weighing Mondays between now and than and I feel its attainable especially if my knees will let me go training.

I'll post here with my rescults

Great to keep this Irish section going and best of luck to everyone else on their programs

#3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:13

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi carmel we meet again another day another stone, (I hope) there is something wrong with my server it keeps cutting out so I hope this get's through, AGAIN I think it's a great idea we meet up, I have moved down the sticks two years ago, so im only an hour's drive away from dublin(my home town) I am delighted you started another challange, It's great to chat, talk or even moan, Im having a lot of problems with my computer so bare with me, and scarlet I hope your in on this one, and dumbletore 11lbs ONLY!!! good luck everyone
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-04, 18:29

Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Here I am.

The kids are back from spring break with the grandparents. It's a mad house as I expect it will be for a few days. After the birthday pig out and the awful cold I have had all week I have no idea where my weight is but it is bound to be scary. I will suck it up and get on the scale tomorrow. I am signing up for the two week induction challenge on monday as well. I need to get back on the wagon fast before it carries me out of sight.

I am so happy you are all doing a new challenge. I will aim for 12 pounds by May Day (secretly wishing for 15). Are we still going to weigh in on Fridays?

Last edited by Scarlet 96 : Sat, Mar-20-04 at 09:15.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 01:46
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Hi, I'm in, with a bit more realistic goal this time - I'll go for 7 lbs. by May 1. Am doing a re-induction challenge that starts on Monday, so am hoping that will help. Can everyone say NO ALCHOHOL oh god it hurt just to type it but there it is.I wish I could go to Dublin and meet up with ya'll. I was there 2 years ago with my eldest daughter and we also drove across the country, what a wonderful place you are living in.

Liz
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 12:58

Hi lads and ladies, It is a good idea to chat more, and liz I thought a stone was a realistic goal for me, I was 4lbs away from my goal, but i have only myself to blame,(im easily led) that's my excuse and im sticking to it, Im going to start induction on monday for a week, because I have to try and fit into a suit by the weekend, (tall order) and its mother's day tomorrow, I just know my kids are going to cook me a hi carb meal followed by a box of the finest chocolates HELP!!! and scarlet i am going to shift a stone this time, I have to redeme myself, but im secretly wishing for aneroxia
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 15:51
aka Celestine

BF:

Glenellen,

You might want to join in on the re-induction thread (we're starting Monday) in the atkins section. Everyone there is all excited to get going again, even I am going to do it and I hate induction.

Liz
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 18:49

BF:

Hi all!
I did get on the scale. It was up 3 pounds.I don't think it was all in the cheat cause TOM is here. All water weight I guess. Anyway I am back on induction tomorrow too. I am craving fried rice like crazy. I tried the foux stuff but it tasted so much like cauliflower it was very disappointing.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:10

BF:

Scarlet,I mix cauliflower and sour cream and onion flakes ,then put them in a dish and cover with grated cheese and put under the grill oh soo good no hardship to have to eat at all at all!!.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:46

BF:

Thanks Carmel I'll give it a try. I think I want that rice texture (not to mention the salt). Down 2 pounds now so I guess it is water weight.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 05:54

Hi all, well I have repaired the damage mother's day caused so anything from now is a bonus, my computer is playing up terrible, I dont know whats wrong, but im lost without it, liz I never even got to check out the re-induction thread, as soon as I sort my computer problem there will be no getting rid of me, carmel I have never tried onion flakes but it does sound tasty
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 06:14

Hi everyone well I did manage to shift the few pounds I put on and 3 pounds with it, so im quite pleased with myself, I have a confirmation tomorrow and you know what it entails, family, friends, food and DRINK, the food I can handle but the drink, well it would be rude to refuse!!! that's my excuse and im sticking to it, I hope you all did well.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 08:03
aka Celestine

BF:

I'm doing pretty well food-wise, haven't cheated, but I did go out and drink a bunch of wine the other night, and I was trying so hard to get through 2 weeks without drinking. Can anyone say ALCOHOLIC?

Am not weighing til Monday and am definitely expecting to see a loss, if I don't ya'll will probably hear me screaming all the way over there in Ireland. This is my first time going more than a day without weighing myself, its been since Monday and I actually like it, seems to take off a bit of pressure.

Keep fighting the good fight -

Liz
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 11:03

BF:

Hello all!
This has been an awwwwffffulllllll week! Thank goodness it is almost over. I am having TOM as I may have mentioned and it is terrible. I am crampy and headachy and sick feeling. I got on the scale today and was up 3 pounds. I know it is fluid cause my fingers feel funny and fat.
I went through all my boys baby things yesterday and gave them all to a lady who really needs them but it was so sad. Maybe it's the hormones. I think I am going insane. Laughing and crying and cranky all at once. The kids think I've lost it (I know because the said as much). When will it all end.
Sorry about the rant. I'm off to cry in my tea.

PS. WTG Glenellen. I am happy for you. Good luck with the confirmation. Have a drink for me. What is life if you can't celebrate it.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 15:54

BF:

Hi to everyone ,I am just in from the pub hic hic!!,so my spelling will be even worse then usual!,I have lost 4LBS yes 4LBS this week thanks to going back on induction this is my 11th day and in 11 days I have lost 7lbs not bad eh.It will be interesting to see how much damage the alcohol does +the cheese board that I also had when I stand on the scales tomorrow.What is it about this site ? we always talk about indulging in way too much alcohol,any will talk more tomorrow night (when I have sobored up!).