Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 09:59
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Welcome

Julie, welcome to the forumn and congratulation on losing 12 lbs so far that is wonderful. I have been on Atkins since Dec. 2001 and have been up and down with water weight. I have also found that certain medication well also cause water weight gain.
I was on an antibodic for inner ear infection and I gained around five lbs. for several weeks but I keep with the program and now it is off. So hang in there and you too well see it come off. If you want to try something that taste sinful. Try the mock danish recipe on the forumn. It is wonderful for breakfast and dessert.
I take 2 oz of cream cheese, 1 tsp. of vanilla, 1 egg and 1/2 tsp. of black walnut flavoring. Mix together slightly and microwave for 1 to 2 minute until firm. I fix this once a week for my treat with a cup of tea with a slice of lemon. But, the recipes are wonderful here and the net has some wonderful one also. I also found that drinking plenty of water is the key to my weight loss. I drink at least 64 oz. a day now. Congratulation again and welcome.
Donna
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 13:10

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Thank you for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome donna

its nice to know there are people out there who care and I will definately take on board what you've told me - maybe a bit of water retention is what I have. Never mind I will carry on anyway.

Thank you again
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:45
Pending Member

BF:
Default Your most welcome

Julie, we can make anything happen if we have friends and you will find allot of this forumn. I know I have. So, I hope we can become one also. I hope you will have a wonderful day.
Donna
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 12:29

BF:
Smile I'm Back !!!

Dear All

Well it seems ages since I came online, but I've only missed one day - it just shows how you get used to doing something.

Alls well with me - I'm now up to 13lb lost and am still doing the keep fit stuff ( although thats not getting any easier ).

Hi to anyone new - its great on here - 16 days I've been on the Atkins plan, have lost 13lb and made lots of friends - do a journal its well worth it.

Bye til next time

#20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 06:47
Pending Member

BF:
Default Very poud of you

Way to go on being down 13 lbs that is wonderful. Keep up the great job. I will get to my buddy list this morning. Hope you have a wonderful low carb day feel with joy with love.
Donna
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:18

BF:
Smile Am Back Again

Hi Everyone

Well I'm back again after 2 days away from the forum - during this time I was catching up on some well deserved sleep time.

Nothing much is happening here - oh yes I've lost another pound so that makes it 14lb as of tuesday - dont know how I've done since then, cos I've tried to steer clear of the scales lol.

bye for now
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:38
Pending Member

BF:
Default glad you had a good rest

Julie, I am glad you had a good rest. We just got the computer back and running. A virus hit and destroyed the hard drive. We just got it back today. YEA! I don't think I could do without it. I told my husband this was my birthday gift. I would miss talking with you and my other friends on the forum. Well better go email everyone to say that I am okay. Talk with you soon.
Donna
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:48
Registered Member

Stats: 222/168/135
BF:41/33/20
Progress: 62%
Default Hi Julie

Welcome and congratulations on your 14 pound loss and YEAH ENGLAND - next is Brazil right???

don't worry if your weight goes up a pound or 2 now and then - a lot of things could be the reason - it could be a little water retention - or just a normal leveling off before the next big loss!!!
Keep up the good work!
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 14:55

BF:
Smile

Hi everyone

its nice to be back. I've not actually been anywhere - but decided to give myself a rest for a while and just veg out on an evening.

Well I'm up to 16lb lost now in 4 weeks, but feel that TOM is just around the corner - so am looking at little fatter than normal - but who cares I'm still lighter than this time last month.

On a personal note - nothing much has been resolved here and am awaiting news from the housing department.

On the career front I've had lovely news. I've been helping out every week in my daughters school - it keeps my IT skills up to date and looks good on the old CV. Well the headmaster telephoned and offered me a position at school as IT support for one year and then on the graduate teacher training programme from sept 2003 - so I'm delighted. My daughter however has other reservations - mum being permanently around I think is the major one.

Well am off to look around now.

Take care

Start 29/5/02 - 16st 9lb
26/6/02 - 15st 7lb and still going !!!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-27-02, 02:44
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good morning,

Julie, Congratulation is order for losing weight and getting a position at your daugter school. That is wonderful. I am so proud of you. I know your daugter will come around. How old is she?
The older they get the want to more on their own. Keep up the great work. How is the weather in dear old England? Here in West Virginia it is in the 90's and very humid. I have to get up early so I can email then clean house. Oh well, it will be fall soon and I will be able to enjoy the weather. Hope your day is filled with joy and happiness.
Donna
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 15:31

BF:
Smile

Hi Donnaj

Thanks for the posting. The weather here in England is very tempremental - one minute its raining the next is quite hot - but England has always been that way unfortunately.

My daughter is 12 going on 24 (are'nt they all at that age). She now walks around school and avoids me when ever possible - even to the point of going in the opposite direction if she spots me - I personally think this is so funny, but I understand bless her. I will put a photo of her at the bottom - she always has our cat lucy with her lol.

I hope all is well with you and your LCing. I am at that TOM so resemble a beached whale at the moment, but I know its only a temporary measure thank god and hopefully I will begin to lose again soon.

Do you have any children? and what do you do in hot and sticky america ?

hope to hear from you soon

#27   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 15:35

BF:
Red face

hi I forgot the photo of laura and lucy the cat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laura and lucy.jpg (9.9 KB, 24 views)
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 11:20

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Hi Julie,

I just wanted to say hello. I have been reading your posts with great interest and admiration. I really appreciate the calm, level-headed tone you have (since I tend to be rather frantic at times myself).

I am so happy to learn of your new job. It will be fun and your daughter should have plenty of time to adjust to the concept.

I will go and read your journal now.

I love England, by the way. I have one food question: I lived in Bath in the summer of 1997 and everytime I went to Sainsburys or Marks and Sparks, there was a food aisle that said "Pulses" but I could never figure out what a pulse was.

Do you have any clues?

Thank you,

Natalie
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 06:36
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good morning,

Julie, I love the picture of your daughter and the cats. I have five cats and dog and a bird. Congratulation on your new job. It sounds like it well be interesting. Just wanted to say hello and I need to get started with housework before the darn sun come out and bake us. It has been in the high 90's and humidy is almost 100%. I don't love summer and can't wait till fall. Hope your day is full and wonderful.
Donna
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 14:04

BF:
Smile

Hi Everyone

Well I hope I find everybody in an LCing mood for the weekend - because I am. Yep you've guessed it - I've lost another 1lb making that 17lb in 5 weeks now - so I'm well pleased.

Destro - in england lentils, beans etc are known as pulses in general - basically all the stuff we cant afford to eat on this WOE. Thank you for your kind posting and I agree my daughter will have to get used to mum being a teacher - just hope she does'nt take too long. She was mortified when she came home the other evening - to find her other teacher having coffee at our home. Bless her she is getting it rough lol.

Donnaj - I dont know how you keep up with the heat. I've cancelled going to my family in Cyprus this year because it is so hot. Also with my daughter being fair she would burn to a crisp.

Well I must go for a look around - dont worry if you dont hear from me for a few days at a time from now on - I'm studying for an exam.

I promise still to be faithful to LCing

bye