Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 05:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/144/110 Female 60"
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for sharing that with me...it really is very frustrating
I am doing Atkins for about 4 weeks and the weight loss is pretty slow (but still quicker then other diets) but I am seeing a difference in my clothes which is exciting!! I just started the keto sticks over the weekend and was disappointed... but I did have some nuts and wine so maybe that is what went wrong.
Unfortunately though I had a bad "diet" day yesterday...I had a Mojito, a few nacho chips and a small cheese burger from McDonalds...OMG I cant believe I actually ate McDonalds its been years
Oh well I am back on track today ... I am not letting yesterday discourage me (its really my only "cheat" in 4 weeks...which for me is pretty good)
Have a great day and thanks for sharing and letting me "confess" about yesterday
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 05:56

BF:
Progress:

Hi donnellyk its Debbie again...I was so busy venting I didn't even ask how you are doing with this. I hope you are still going strong and feeling great!!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-10, 06:19
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 185/180/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi debbie, sometimes you just can't help a cheat day...After a 4 week hold on the weight loss I too went to McDonald's with a co-worker for lunch! I was horrified at myself but that double cheese was sooo good! I ate nuts off and on before I knew they weren't on Atkin's and gained 2 pounds and held for a couple weeks! ...this week I've been more strict/clean and have lost one pound...now at 164 down 10 pounds in about 2 months...looking pretty good (in clothes, HA) but no wiggle room! This last 20 pounds will be hard as I'm almost within "acceptable" range, even with clean induction I still crave sweets/carbs occasionally but am able to let the thought pass...for me that's an amazing thing, I am a true carb addict! I know from past experience if I get my weight down lower my metabolism revs up and I can eat carbs moderately w/o any effect...trouble is it gets away from me, baked goods & pasta my evil...my goal is to find my acceptable carb level this time and be careful not to go over, I read constantly articles on the sugar "poison" stand which helps me stay in check...well, off to work yay, it's Friday! What's on your menu today??? Check out "The Lighter Side of Low Carb", a web/blog site with interesting posts and recipes, it's fun! Bye and well wishes! ~Kimberleigh
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-10, 19:19

BF:
Progress:

hi kimberleigh - well now that we confessed our evil mcdonald's secrets we can move on i tried to get back on track after tuesday, i can't believe how one bad day really sets me back... my only "cheat" was a few nuts today. i didn't get on the scale because i really don't feel like i lost and that will discourage me...i am also a true carb addict...its pretty much all or nothiing with me...at least until i am down to an acceptable weight then i can have some carbs without gaining. my problem is i don't ever want 1 of anything i like full boxes of things haha...sad but true. Anyway today was good eggs in the morning chicken caesar for lunch and a cheeseburger for dinner. I am graduating from school in 2 weeks (yes i am an old student!!) so no new recipes for me until i graduate but thanks for the web site tip. i hope you had a great "low carb" day Good luck and enjoy this beautiful weekend - Debbie
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-01-10, 08:22
Registered Member

BF:

Hi debbie, by your stats it's looking as though you're doing great! Yes, some cheat days will propel you forward and others (especially nuts for me, boo) will set you back and holding (also boo). Congrats on the school! Keeping induction simple is better for me, if I experiment too much it seems there are too many ingredients to see what may be stalling me...

Portion control is also a trigger for me, always was in the carb world too, the whip cream & cream cheese "treats"...I'm sure I was overdoing the amounts eaten at one time!

Yay I'm seeing purple on the stix last couple days...I've not actually counted calories but cut back from probably a zillion in fat to maybe more reasonable? I thought for sure I can't get away with this, can I???

I know for lasting weight loss and maintenance I will have to continue to work on the paradigm shift to stay away from the bad carbs as much as possible...I don't have impossible cravings but that stuff is EVERYwhere and sometimes "whispers" to me...

I am a substance abuse counselor in recovery myself for 16 years, addictive personalities easily can get out of balance! I am blessed to live in Florida so my plan today is to get some sun (some, not gads ha!) and check out the local seafood market for the weekend's eats...I've been wishing we had Maine lobster lately! Have a great weekend! ~Kimberleigh
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 01:17
Registered Member

BF:

Hi debbie...hope you're doing well...I've bounced back up a few pounds for no apparent reason the last couple weeks...am about to start the "72 version Atkin's...I think going simpler and more strict may help me stay motivated...I am going to try to stay under 10 carbs and nix the cream cheese (boo)...we'll see...
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-06-10, 04:02

BF:
Progress:

hi kimberleigh-it was nice to hear from you this morning...try not to worry about the few pounds,, just focus on your goal...i think especially as women (perhaps middle-aged women )the weight will fluctuate...we need to think about the big picture, i am sure in 6 months no matter how slow or how up and down the scale moves if we stay strict we will see a nice weight loss...believe me i feel your pain...i have been extremely strict and the scale BARELY moves...the only motivating thing for me is those stupid keto sticks they have been purple so i know i am not eating anything that is "wrong"...have a great day and lets both try not to obsess on our weight today!! Enjoy sunny florida, i am jealous
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 06:50
A Work in Progress

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.8/235.8/175 Female 5'7"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 10%

It eventually shows on the scale for me the way my clothes fit is a faster and more accurate indication of how I'm doing. While I am still a scaleaholic I don't let it get to me anymore when the number doesn't move. The proof is in the clothing! ~
  #24   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 06:52
Registered Member

BF:

It so helps that the body starts changing even when the scales do not, I am on a scale hiatus for a week!

Yesterday I went clothes shopping to summer update for work...happily size 10 skirts and pants, had been up to 12's and even some 14's (horror)! Tops are still frustrating, always been a bit top-heavy. That seems where I gain most, there and the waist...So it's still XL (but not 1 or 2X!!!) but I found some very cute things and cool shoes too! Shoes were always my weakness, thought at LEAST feet stay the same! NOT! A few favorite pairs have gotten too loose, hmm, my feet DO look better!

A very happy Mother's Day to any mom's...we're out to brunch and the beach later!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 10:46

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi everyone...I have been skimming this thread and just want to offer some encouragement. I have been low carbing now for nearly 8 years. It is my dietary lifestyle. I do not use the shakes or breakfast bars. If I do crave candy, I will have an Atkins candy bar. Mostly, I eat whole foods. I cook much more than I ever did and I prefer eating at home now. I rarely go out to eat anymore. For Mother/s Day , I will have steak, collard greens and avocado salad for dinner. Berries with whipped cream will be my dessert. I weigh myself everyday. The scale gives me a lot of information about my body especially now that I am peri-menopausal. I don't use the scale to bring me happiness...I use it to give me knowledge.

I now coach a low carb support group and provide information about the diet. I don't "preach" any one diet. I discuss low carbing and how it helps me in hopes that everyone can find their own little low carb niche and stick with it.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 06:02
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning! Updating that I'm still plugging away, focusing on a more simple induction. A meat fast has allowed me to move out of the many week stall, I did break down and have an Atkin's candy bar before bed but that seems better than some of the other low carb recipes I was trying for desserts and was scarfing down! 2lbs down in 2 days...sure it's probably water but us scale-a-holics sure like to see that!

Wishing you all a nice Wednesday and rooting for you and your efforts! ~Kimberleigh
  #27   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 04:34

BF:
Progress:

Congratulations!!! That is the best feeling to see that scale move lower
Enjoy your day ...Debbie
  #28   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 05:48
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Debbie! OK, I ate so much (meat) yesterday I thought surely I'll gain it back...I even broke down and made the SF cheescake thingy, ate a small rameken of it...this mornings weigh-in, the SAME! I won't hold my breath, I know how this works...

Hope YOU have a happy healthy Thursday! Almost Friday, have a fun weekend planned?
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-14-10, 04:39

BF:
Progress:

Actually a GREAT weekend - after 4 years I am graduating from college - yes at my age - I went back for Dental Hygiene!! I wish I was as excited with my weight loss it is so slow literally 1/2 lb to 1 pound a week. What is SF Cheesecake
Enjoy your success and I hope you have a great weekend planned also.