Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 10:01

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default KetoSummit

Yet another on-line Summit, but this one will likely be of interest to many.
Works the usual way, 3-4 talks up for 24 hours, then new day, etc.

KetoSummit

http://ketosummit.com/pre-launch-registration-page-5

Quote:
We've brought together the most knowledgeable doctors, scientists, practitioners, and experts on the ketogenic diet IN THE WORLD.

We've interviewed these experts on a wide range of topics, including weight-loss, athletic performance, cancer, supplements, mental clarity, neurological issues, and much more.

As you probably know, keto diets have been getting extremely popular lately, for two big reasons. First, they just work. People lose weight, gain energy, and get a lot more mental clarity.

Second, the research about the health benefits of keto diets is astounding. From cancer to diabetes to Alzheimer's, a keto diet can potentially help to heal your body in a number of ways.

Our goal with this summit is to not only bring you the BEST information possible, but also the most ACTIONABLE and PRACTICAL tactics, so that you can make quick and effective changes in your life. We want you to look and feel better as quickly as possible.​

Drs. Seyfried, D'Agostino, Westman, Noakes, Fung, Feinman, and other well-known names from the sports side of Ketosis as well, Sisson, Greenfield, Henselmans, and on...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-16, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb My Way :)
Stats: 150/138/130 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 60%

Interesting! Thanks for sharing
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-16, 04:50
Registered Member

Plan: Keto/IF
Stats: 180/169/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Sounds good, I just signed up. Thanks, Jey100!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 16:45

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Keto Summit

Thanks for the post about the summit!! I signed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

KetoSummit

Drs. Seyfried, D'Agostino, Westman, Noakes, Fung, Feinman, and other well-known names from the sports side of Ketosis as well, Sisson, Greenfield, Henselmans, and on...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 19:17

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

For those who registered there is one interview already online. It's with Thomas Seyfried about cancer as a metabolic disease. It is extremely interesting and well worth watching. He really lays out exactly what he is trying to accomplish. Also Seyfried's passion is impressive. His focus is on developing a non-toxic treatment for cancer, based on the metabolic model rather than the genetic model of the disease that he believes would substantially reduce the death rate. He believe that the genetic model of the disease is a dead end.

Jean
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 19:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

KetoSummit

How about some evidence that there is an optimum level of ketones in the blood. That would be nice.....
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 20:48

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
For those who registered there is one interview already online. It's with Thomas Seyfried about cancer as a metabolic disease. It is extremely interesting and well worth watching. He really lays out exactly what he is trying to accomplish. Also Seyfried's passion is impressive. His focus is on developing a non-toxic treatment for cancer, based on the metabolic model rather than the genetic model of the disease that he believes would substantially reduce the death rate. He believe that the genetic model of the disease is a dead end.

Jean

Watched the interview with Seyfried when it became available last week. Excellent information. I agree and highly recommend watching it.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-16, 15:22

Marty Kendall posted the day by day schedule to plan ahead.
https://optimisingnutrition.com/201...he-keto-summit/
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 08:46

Day 9 and last day:

Here's who you'll be hearing from on Day 9 of the Keto Summit:

Dominic D'Agostino
Neuro-Degenerative Diseases, Supplements, & Keto Disease Prevention

Patricia Daly
Cancer: A Practical Approach for Preventing and Healing with Keto

Catherine Crofts
Improving, Measuring, and Mastering Insulin Sensitivity

AND the Two Encore Days will replay them all. You could sign up now and still see them all.

Quote:
For the encore days, we'll be replaying ALL the talks - that's 48 hours of replay for all 35 videos! You could potentially binge watch them all

In return, I'd like to ask one favor of you - please please share this summit with all your family and friends - tell them which talk has been your favorite and make sure they go watch it during the encore days (Oct 5 & 6).
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 10:10

BF:

I listened to Chris Masterjohn this morning and found his talk very interesting. I like his scientific rather than programmatic approach. I felt like I was listening to a different and valuable perspective. It gave me things to think about rather than feeling like the same old same old.

Jean
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-03-16, 13:44

Thanks, I'll have to catch up with that one. I was interested to learn what carb levels Patrica Daly uses for her Ketogenic diet for cancer. Starts with higher carbs, but in two weeks, drops the carbs down to 12 net, which often might be around 20g total with salads and veg, to consistently get her clients into an optimum glucose/ketone ratio.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 06:11

BF:

I listened to Patricia Daly's talk yesterday and even though I have never had cancer I found it very interesting. I also found myself thinking how wonderful it would be if there were practitioners like her readily available to everyone. Maybe some day.

Towards the end of her talk she mentioned that she now eats more like 50-60 gms of carbs a day. Chris Masterjohn also mentioned that how you need to eat at one phase of your life may change at a later point in time. This is something I am finding for myself. I do tolerate a lot more carbs than I used to. Treatment can be different from prevention or maintenance and I"m sure personal history matter too.

Jean
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 14:22

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Grace Liu (Day 10) also shows how fixing one's gut biome can make it possible to tolerate more gluten.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 17:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Grace Liu (Day 10) also shows how fixing one's gut biome can make it possible to tolerate more gluten.

I heard her say that too. Unfortunately her talk was a little shaky on specifics so I found it impossible to evaluate. I have my doubts. I wish she gave more concrete details on how she treats people. I also wish she talked more about your every day person and not just elite athletes. She might be filled with useful knowledge but she just didn't convey it in this talk.

Jean
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 19:49

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

I've been catching as many as possible as time permits. Dom D'Agostino was very detailed and informative, Patricia Daly provided a practical approach to a keto lifestyle and addressed meal plans for athletes and cancer avoidance, treatment, and Ivor Cummins was interesting with his presentation, much of which I've seen him present before with a few new bits of information.