Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1951   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 17:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Well, ding dong, the wicked boss is gone. If only for a week, but DO enjoy. I bet you will NOT be amazed at how much less stressful your job is.

Don't worry about that pound, could be gone again next week, if you can wait that long to get on the scale again. I think for bouncers like you and I the scale is always shimmying around w/in at least 2 pounds. Instead, again and again, concentrate on how you LOOK AND FEEL in your clothes. Did you ever take a profile shot BEFORE your surgery? Bet it you had one and took one now you'd see a definite difference. In fact, might even be a diff pre and post vacay.

Lori---So your ordered black shorts were falling off you too! That's what I call good news/bad news, good first and bigger. Hope the other pair you ordered fit. Do you have a Chico's around you? They have some great longer and more tailored shorts. VERY sharp looking and totally comfortable to wear, but their sizing is different 1, 1.5, 2, etc. up to 3.5. so you have to find what works for you, which is best done on site.

Nic---Wow, that was a long day venue shopping! When they settle on something let us know. I love the details, and I love weddings!

Your kids sure are traveling this summer. So cool. IMO, traveling grows ALL of us up a bit every time we do it, and no matter where. Gets us out of our own bubbles and opens our eyes a bit.

K-mom---Glad everyone made it safe and sound and that you guys are having a good time. I had no idea that you and sis have a hobby of re-selling books on eBay. Sounds fun and like yet another form of a treasure hunt.

Thursday water - 2/3. Friday water 3/3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm making something new for dinner that's a combo of suggestions from Jaz and Lori. Going to sauté up onions and garlic and add spices including some curry. Then adding hubby's FAB Thai peanut sauce, and to that I'll add shredded rotisserie chicken breast. Last I will stir in microwaved cauli rice.
Wish I had some coconut milk, will pick that up for next time. Kind of a LC risotto, I hope.

Today there was an article on a news site I was reading with the headline "If you think coconut oil is good for you, think again." Nah. Honest to God, I swear there is not one single thing you can eat these days that won't garner a negative article, and the more trendy the sooner it happens. Gads, I just can't take it. You try so hard to eat healthy and there's always someone there to scare the bejeezy out of you. No thanks.

SO happy it's Friday night. Hubby is out w/the boys and I have the joint to myself. After dinner, I will finish my book. Jaz hope you can get your hands on that book. Not because it's a great one, but it is a fun one, and it might inspire you further to get your blog up there and running.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Jun-23-17 at 19:16.
Sponsored Links
  #1952   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 18:54

BF:
Progress:

I'm back!

Oh my ever lovin' gals, my dinner was freaking fantastic! I ended up also adding a bit of cream to the above ingredients, and it did indeed turn into something with the texture of risotto.

Also, while providing that great rice texture, this did not for me have an overwhelming cooked cauliflower taste, in fact, hardly at all. I ended up getting Green Giant's riced cauliflower, nothing but the cauliflower.

I peppered the end result generously as I love pepper, and added flakes of parmesan over the top. Also want to note that while I did use a TBLS of hubby's homemade Thai peanut sauce, if I didn't have that I'd just add more garlic and ginger, and use a tablespoon of good old peanut butter.

Took no time at all using a rotisserie breast, great that my grocery store sells just the breasts if that's all you want or can use at the time.

Now I'm thinking how I can use this cauli rice to mix in w/an occasional Chinese or Thai take out dish, such as curry shrimp or garlic chicken.

Jaz---took your advice and simply microwaved the cauli rice, so easy and texture was perfect.

Seriously, tasted like an excellent risotto to me, and I love risotto. LOL, can't believe how excited I am about this. Another FAB sub.

Thanx again to Jaz and Lori for the inspiration.
  #1953   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 21:01

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Thursday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 2/3, KMom 4/4
Friday: Jaz _/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/4
Jaz, you are not late for posting your water for today, but since Blue posted hers tonight and I knew mine, I decided to include them.
  #1954   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 21:09

BF:
Progress:

Having a great time with sis and BIL. My heart soars every time I see them doing something they thought they might never do again. Have my SD here with me for the weekend so things will be hopping.
Will touch base when I can.
K-Mom 10x3
  #1955   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 04:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning Gals!

Had a great night's sleep and I'm ready to head for the golf course in about an hour. Just having a 2nd cup of coffee before I "put on my face". BIL is here, but he was only up once in the night...he had a good night too.

Girls, I don't know what's going on, but I've lost over 7 lbs this month! I'm doing IF, that's the only thing I've really changed. Last night I sat with our friends while they all ate slice after slice of pizza. I would normally have eaten the top off a couple pieces, but it was 6:30 and my window was closed. I ate before we went to meet them. If I had really wanted to eat the pizza, I would have, but lately I just don't want all that stuff. Weird. I will be opening my eating window early today as they'll have some type of "breakfast" before the tournament. If they have any cheese or deviled eggs, I will partake. I will steer clear of the pastries and cakes etc.

Had a good meeting with my nutrition client yesterday. She is loving the plan and lost 4 lbs this week. I love her enthusiasm. She is enjoying coming up with LC ways to make her families favorite foods. We have another meeting scheduled for next Friday. Can you guys give me some ideas that use cream cheese? She loves it and I told her that I would try to come up with some creative ideas for using it in recipes and as treats. She has been passing out my business cards and told me that I should expect some phone calls from some of her friends. We'll see.

Now I just have to get my husband on board with this LC life. He just got his blood work results and his Triglycerides are WAY too high and his HDL is WAY too low. He is such a carb eater. He says he'll do what he has to do, but he doesn't like cheese or eggs. What will I feed him? He already takes a statin and I'm afraid they'll want to increase the dosage. :-( His glucose was 93, so that's ok, thank goodness. I'm going to do some research on lowering Trig and increasing HDL. I'd really rather if he didn't have a heart attack! This should be interesting.

Ok...off I go. Hope my new shorts don't fall down when I swing at the ball!

Hugs to you all!
  #1956   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 07:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

WOW- gals! Good things humming along here.

Lori- I am SO proud of you! I know you have to be feeling so darn great. You are doing it so good. I agree with BLUE- Chico has some really nice things that LAST. Girl- GET SOME CLOTHES!!

Blue- I am so excited for you! When I came across that riced Cali it so worked for me. I have tried making it several ways- but the best is just put it in the microwave and add it at the last minute.
Your dinner sounded wonderful. I have tried the plain/ and the one with peas and carrots. The difference is 1-2 carbs. Also - I prefer this brand to even TJ, Kroger, no comparison.

As far as - guess whats bad/good for you know. I hold none of that with a grain of salt. These are the same entities that brainwashed the public to believe that low fat was the way to go.

I have ordered the book - for 3 bucks off amazon. Got a couple more coming! THANKS! Keep ya posted.

Leeann- and HERE IT COMES- wedding plans! I was just waiting! Yea!!!!!!!! So excited for you and your family. I know this is premature....... but then comes the grand babies nothing better.

It seems like yesterday that we were shopping for DD dress! She tried on so many. She was a lovely bride- gorgeous in fact! So will your DD be! Believe it or not I didn't cry. I gained a son! The only time I did sorta get emotional was during the Father daughter dance. I was watching her become the woman she is today. And what a awesome one she is.
I know that your kids are going to be the same. Our parenting skills are similar. I was as invested as you are currently. It really does pay off!
Details Details- did you find a place?

KMOM- I was 6/5 yesterday. I picked up some GREAT water.
So glad you are having such a good time with your family. Has it been awhile since you have seen them?

TRIG- MISSED-- I know you are having fun! Rain, sleet or shine- ya got your toes in the sand, and ribeye on the grill.
---------------------------------------------------------
All-
BLUE- you are so right- that nasty scale can kiss my smaller tush! I am getting back into some clothes I have not been able to wear for over a year. I just feel better, lighter, more energy than I have in several years. Again- I had no idea how "sick" I was. Fear of surgery just shut me down. Now fully healed- I think, or pretty darn close- I feel amazing!
I love being on the other side. You gals were also so helpful to get me here! But I got here- nothing left to do now but Thrive

I am ready for some sunshine! - I did get a walk in last night and was chewed up by those pesky skeeters. It is just SO humid and wet and warm- those bugs are just thriving as well! But not ready to hide inside. It just comes with summer. I love summer! Just ready for the sun!

Need to do the usual - domestic goddess stuff this morning, brought a little work home (not much) to finish up, and will stop over to my moms this afternoon for an hour or so. I picked up a tee shirt and mug for her and her husband for watching Bella while I was gone. Plus I want to lay eyes on her. Have not seen her since she has been outta the hospital.

I am thinking Riced Cali tonight with chicken strips oven fried MEME style with a dipping something I will whip up. I will get chicken tenders- and coat them in egg wash roll them in pork rinds/spices- yum!

I am finding that if I cook up to much at once I am wasting half down the drain- so I need to sorta just cook for a day or so and shop little bits more often. Tired of tossing meat/ food away because I make a lot and can't eat it fast enough.
Truth be told I really don't / won't eat meat that has been cooked and refrozen. BLECH.....

My Bella is lying at my feet- my coffee is gone, finished speaking with my daily conversation with the DS- now I guess I need to get moving!

I want to find some sorta active meet up- or class- something I can do a couple times a week that I pay for (I will show up then)- To get me slowly back into the staying moving and active. So I will look into that today.

I pick up the kids tomorrow at the airport- in the afternoon. I will bring them back here feed them and send them on their way. They will be exhausted- 30 hour flight. And 2PM my time is like 2 am their time- it will be a huge jet lag. So it will be interesting to see what they want to do. I will make a pot of something simple- make soup- or BBQ Pork.

Ok all today I am totally on plan! And going to move and get some fresh water.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Jun-24-17 at 07:45. Reason: Jaz can't spell
  #1957   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 08:23

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Thursday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 2/3, KMom 4/4
Friday: Jaz 6/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/4
  #1958   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 08:24

BF:
Progress:

Off to do some book sourcing. One of our favorite things to do! Had my O4 so it is a good start to the day. Trying to do the best I can, making good decision even in tough environments.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1959   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 13:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Lori- wow girl you are killing it! Really glad you have found such a groovy place to be. Also glad things are going so well for your client.

Blue- Hope Hubs had a good time out the other night. Your dinner sounds fab! Glad you found a new LC dish to love.

KMOM- You are rockin' all the company and coping well. Go you!

Jaz- Glad you are getting to check in on and lay eyes on your Mom. That's a good thing. Your DD is brave to have done such a long trip while pregnant and with a little one. I can't imagine. In peak condition I would dread a flight like that. I'll do it one day though- Australia and New Zealand are high on the bucket list!

•••••••••••

Man I have been Lazy with a capital L around here. I keep thinking I'm going to go to a movie or to go yard saling or whatever and then I just keep NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE. It's funny. Tell me I have to stay, like to wait for a contractor, and I am miserable. But when I have things I could go do, I am just as likely to sit here on my booty! I've caught up on some TV and watched some worthless stuff on Youtube and Netflix, I've done a bit of reading, and lots of lazing.

I did lock my bedroom door last night, even though I laughed at myself while doing it. I was reading a thriller.

Ds15 arrives home tomorrow night. I bet he is going to be tired.

I need to shop for his half bday after I write this. We hold off on bday gifts until June since his bday is right at Xmas. He wants a midi keyboard, and a ukulele. I think I might also surprise him with Broadway tickets to Kinky Boots. The lead singer of Panic! At the Disco is doing the show through August and DS loves him. He'd be thrilled. He would REALY like Hamilton but that ain't happening til ticket prices drop. Plus DS18 would be crushed if he didn't get to go to that one too.

A venue was chosen and deposit was put down. My mind is swimming over all the things- ALL THE THINGS that need doing. OMG. Good thing my DD is all over this stuff because UGH I just want to run away from it all!
  #1960   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 18:19

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Wow, 7 pounds down! And in one month. Fantastic! It sure is good testimony to IFing for you. It's so much easier not to eat the pizza when you're getting those kinds of rewards.

Jaz---Fun you're getting into clothes you haven't been able to wear for a year. I love that, it's like getting something new, free.

Nic---Good to hear you so relaxed. Lazy is good for us now and then. What thriller are you reading?

K-mom---Hope you had a lucky "book" day.

Saturday water: 3/3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazy day for me too. Didn't sleep well at last night, so I ended up taking a long nap today. I needed it but really don't like to sleep that much during the day. It discombobulates me.

Had a business breakfast this morning, which normally I wouldn't do on a Saturday, but it was w/a fun small client of mine so I didn't mind. Had fab poached eggs on ratatouille and the BEST salad: very thin apple slices, sharp cheddar cheese and roasted pecans on romaine w/a dijon maple syrup dressing. There wasn't more than a quarter of an apple, and the maple syrup was just a touch for flavor, (asked the waitress how the dressing was made.) So fresh and simple and yummy, I'll be making this at home.

Off to have a cheeseburger on LC bread for dinner and watch some TV w/the hubs.
  #1961   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 03:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Another good night's sleep. Ahhhh...... I took 1 AdvilPM again when I went to bed. I don't like to take 1 every night, but they sure do help me drift off to sleep easily. I wonder how bad it would be to take 1 every night?

We had fun at the tournament yesterday. My partner and I played fairly well, but fell about 4 shots short of winning anything. I had a couple deviled eggs for breakfast and then at the turn, they had a big block of yummy cheese for a snack(along with all manner of carbs!). Afterward, they gave us a huge plate of food. Filled chicken breast, mashed potatoes & gravy and green beans. The chicken breast was very meaty and delish. I didn't eat the stuffing or mashed potatoes. The green beans were cooked perfectly, crisp and yummy. Oh, and they had cole slaw which was very tasty. I'm sure there was some sugar in the dressing, but I ate it anyway. Probably why the scale popped up 1.5 lbs this morning.

Heading for our golf course at around 9. I'm going to try some different things with my swing today, so it could be a very interesting day. Trying to figure things out in golf is a frustrating experience. I'm sure we'll get some lite beer at the turn....we call it "swing lube". Sometimes it makes you play a lot better.

Ok gals. Have a wonderful Sunday!
  #1962   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 05:50

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- Love a sport you can have beer, ya play and they feed you afterward! I know you are having a fun. It just comes out in your posts! As Leeann said- what a great place to be! That pound is nothing for you! You will walk that off today! Goodness girl your britches are falling off!!
About the PM pill- most likely not a great idea- plus long term use of those meds make you hold water. NOT KIDDING- here and there ok.

Leeann- You and DD found a Venue! I would love to hear about it! Yes there are SO many details details details with a wedding. Does she have a wedding planner? They take care of so many of the smaller details and can be worth the money if she is expecting a huge kinda day.
I am very excited for you and the family. But at the end of the day the only details that matter are the bride, groom, and someone to marry them!
Funny you went along with the "Half" birthday. I wonder if I am too old to try that? HAHAHAHAHAH- I always felt I got the shaft for having a birthday in Jan. So he is a musical kiddo huh- I think it's so sweet you are also getting him tickets to a musical he wants to see.
Ya- whatcha reading?????? Inquiring minds want to know!

Blue- I love those lazy days. I get it though about the nap. Did you wake up and wonder where you were, what day is it, what TIME is it?!??! HAHAHAHAH- I have so done that!!!!
I know you are such a foodie- when you describe a salad in such detail.
You most likely could describe anything and make it sound wonderful. Glad you got some rest. What does your upcoming week look like?

KMOM- (hanging head) 2/5 for yesterday. URGHHHH I can feel it too. Hope things are going great for you with the whole family together. I bet your house is hopping!
----------------------------------------------
All-
So today is when I pick up the kids from the airport. It is an hour drive to the airport from my apt. I really don't like going into Atlanta proper - the highway and traffic is a nightmare. Hopefully with it being a weekend it might be better. But I really get the willies driving on a 6 lane highway with cars and trucks swinging from lane to lane in front of me. But I gotta pull up the mom britches and go get my kids.

So I am sitting at my low- just hovering! That is my new name- HOVERING!!!! -

So yesterday - was awesome! I played in the pool most of the day. I had so much to do- but yet I just played all day in the water. The sun finally came back and I just couldn't resist the pool.

Mom and her husband come over to my place when I offered to take them to dinner for watching Bella. Funny how that works they came right on over.
We went to a nice steak house- or as BLUE calls them - supper club. I had grilled chicken salad to which I brought half home. They didn't stay long- basically ate and left. Fine by me- I went back to the pool.

I have noticed I sleep so well if I do a night swim before bed. I am so relaxed and tired- bam out like a light.
So today I gotta pay the piper so to speak. I Brough home a little work project. It should not take to long. I need to think about food for the next day or 2. My fridge is empty except for a ribeye and salad! Hey- that is all I need for today!

Waiting for my amazon to come! Boy- they sure make it easy to order from! A few clicks and boom- order done.

Have a wonderful Sunday
  #1963   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 18:06

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Yep, I am a foodie. My mom was an amazing and adventurous cook, even SO way back in the day. We ate things and dishes our neighbors had never heard of. LOL, mom was a trail blazer in countless ways, and as driven as any woman I have ever known, for the better and the worse, but that's a whole different story. But yeah, she pried our taste buds open at an early age!

Sometimes that's been a curse, as in I wish I just didn't care about food at all. Wish I didn't know all the joys of trying new flavors and enjoying a fabulous meal in good company. But that would be wishing away things given with love, and not a gonna do that when it's up to me to make it work in a healthy way.

And YES, there is IMO, nothing like swimming right before bedtime. I've said it before, If we lived in the same complex, we'd be there together in your pool many a night, with that lovely underwater pool lighting and the all the stars above us. Oh, I can almost "taste" it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gals, I've just been a bit flat lately. KWIM? Nothing really wrong, just a certain lack of energy and mojo that includes my woe, but other things as well. LOL, I always thought I skipped a "mid life crisis" but maybe it's just catching up w/me later in time.

I see so many changes happening all around us, and some staring me straight in the eye. It makes me tired. I have NEVER been one to stay tired for long, always driven by a nervous energy, but even that seems to have deserted me right now.

Still I lope along. Got on the scale yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks and I was 5 pounds up!!!! You'd think I'd been tripping the carb fantastic. But truth is I've been 95% on plan, and still eating better than I ever have in my entire life in terms of cutting out carbs.

Yeah, I know, I've talked about bites here and there, but they really have been mostly about bites, not hog wilders.

Jaz was interested to read that things like Aleeve can cause you to retain water, and due to various aches and pains, I've taken more of that lately than I usually do.

Still, I just DON'T eat that much, and most of it is LC. True for today too. Which consisted of cauli-rice "risotto" for lunch, and chicken wings for dinner. Hell, if I'm going to be 5 pounds up, I want to have had more fun getting there!

Guess I'll just have to live w/what is. I'm not going to live on meat and eggs alone, so doesn't matter if I can do it for 4 days and get a reaction from the scale.

I just have to keep on keepin' on, even when my dobber is a bit down for whatever reason. I STILL eat LC most of the time. Can't let the scale talk me out of that, out of frustration.
  #1964   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 19:17

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Saturday Jaz: 2/5, Blue: 3/3, Kmom 4/4
Let's track again for this next week if that is ok with you two. I really need to be accountable this coming week.
  #1965   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 02:37

BF:

Good Monday morning girls!

Up early and heading to boot camp in an hour or so. Other than that, I have a pile of laundry to do and some errands to run. I got a phone call last night asking me to play in a golf tournament on Tuesday. It is back at the same course I played at on Saturday. Geez.......I'm in demand!

Scale is down a pound from yesterday, but up a few tenths from my low on Saturday morning. I've got to stop the daily weighing. It drives me nuts.

Blue...sorry you're feeling "down" lately. It seems like we go thru stages like that. You've been doing so well with your eating. Don't let the darn scale get you frustrated.

Jaz...hope all went well with picking up the kids at the airport. I'm sure they were glad to get home. Thanks for the info on the AdvilPM. I didn't know about the water retention. Love that you can take an evening swim and then sleep like a log. Sounds awesome.

I'll check in on you all later!
Closed Thread