Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 14:45

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Schwarzbein..is someone doing it now and gained....

Hello, I am 36 year old Mom of 3 little ladies I have been searching desperately for a forum for Schwarzbein Principle.. with no results at all...
I have been for some years following the zone, which was actually really nice and mantained me in my weight for 4 years, even during my pregnancy and after my pregnancy I lost my baby weight too.
Before this I tried the Schwarzbein principle, I don't remember for how many month the truth is that I gained weight and then I was stucked there so I moved from that. But in that time my Mom came to visit and stay with me for 3 months aprox. She came started the plan with me, and she lost weight, and felt wonderful. So for me was sad to get out of the plan, but I did. Still on my mind is the most intelligent plan and the best book I have read.
What I don't like about the zone, is that I love rice and grains,I believe deeply in the Lord, so for me I think if He made them I don't think is right not to eat them. In the zone I wasn't able to eat them almost, only oat, which I love. Also I am specially in love with all the good things in health that Dr. D.S. offers in her plan, it is what I want.
So after probably about 3.5 years or 4 in the zone, I came back to this plan, hoping this time I won't gain weight and be healed and lose also.
I have been here for 3 months (plus another month with no gluten from following Perfect Weight America)
The thing is, that again I gained (from 120 to 124-126) so I go up and down for this 4 months.
It is heart brokening.. I will like to know if someone is right now in my same situation, or has gone through that and now is doing fine
My problem is that I get lower back pain, even with this 5 to 7 ponds. I am happy I havent gained more.. But again it would be great to have advise.. or now someone who is going through the same... or went..
Thank you very much,
a great day for everyone
Sincerely,
M.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-08, 22:40

Plan: Anti-Estrogenic Diet/PP
Stats: 198/194/140 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:27.9%
Progress: 7%

Hello Monasasha--

I just started the Schwarzbein Principle again. I stopped following it about two years ago because I was gaining weight, but this time I am going to just follow the plan without worrying about the weight gain. She says in her book that often you will gain weight at first if your metabolism is in need of healing, you must first balance your hormones and then you will lose weight naturally. I have many pounds to lose, but for me, this plan is more about health. If I gain some weight first, I need to trust that it is still in my best interest. I wish you luck, and if you need any support, feel free to drop by my journal. --Sara
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 08:06

Plan: PPLPish<30ecc.
Stats: 180/165/150 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

There is one caveat in her book and she doesnt address it. When your are adrenal fatigues and insuline resistent what she says doesnt ring well with my experiences.

If the cause of your adrenal fatigue is high blood sugar, then keeping your blood sugar high on her amount of carbs doesnt help. You can never get out of insuline resistence if you dont go VLC say like 30g per day ofcourse that will make you fatigued in the beginning but you wont gain weight with this and increase yr insuline resistence further.

IR is tougher cookie to crack that AF. Although many with AF will be ready to be IR but feeling well.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 19:16

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thank you so much girls.
I love this program and I saw it working perfectly with my mom, also I believe it would be easier to follow this one for life than the zone... this is a lot yummier I think it seems like paradise to be able to eat some grains and nuts for life (Of course.. remember to measure them as a carb too..)
I have 3 mo. gluten free, I will try to write when I have news God willing.. At least I am not gaining more, it seems that I reached a weight and been about there for this 3 months.
I think we should post more things and help each other
Have a great day Ladies, enjoy your dinner
M.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 19:46

Plan: My own
Stats: 226/204/180 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

chandbaby1,

I am just starting this, but am following it exactly with 15 grams of carbohydrates for each meal and snack. I am diabetic and it has already dropped my post meal blood glucose. I am really impressed and excited to continue, though it's a lot of food to eat!