Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 09:51

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

The Feldman Protocol and findings accurately explain why in my next-to-last NMR Lipid Panel, my results were high Cholesterol, very high LDL-C, extremely low LDL small particle, predominantly large LDL particle, extremely low triglycerides, high HDL, and extremely low hsCRP or inflammation. I had hacked that test as I had fasted for 4 days prior to the blood draw. I nearly had my GP in a frenzy talking statins and all. Very predictable response from my GP. It also explains why in my last NMR Lipid Panel with a normal 12-hour fast prior to the blood draw, I tested as the poster child for health with numbers that looked fantastic to the medical community. It ended all talk about statins. Just a simple 12-hour fast and my normal high fat food consumption lowered my lipid numbers (inflammation stayed the same, very low) to the point where I was considered a healthy lad.

This interview with ZDogg and Dave Feldman is excellent, and explains much of what those of us embracing a LCHF WOE are trying to achieve. Dave indicates he has more testing to do, and as a true scientist should, he is asking people to challenge and disprove his findings. He wants to branch out and add HCLF test subjects to understand how this protocol works for all types of eaters. Good stuff!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 10:28

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I wonder what an every other day IF would do to the numbers? If instead of eating 2000 calories every day, you ate 4000 every other day--does it zig-zag, do the up and down days average out to more or to less than the average ldl just eating right through? Like Janet, I find this interesting without really caring one way or the other about whatever my own ldl might be.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 11:18

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I remain glad that I gave up on measuring my cholesterol years ago and that I have a doctor, whom I almost never see until I am reminded to come in for a physical, who will go along with me. I became undoctored years before Dr Davis wrote his book, a book which I wholeheartedly endorse.

Jean
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 02:51

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dave Asprey wrote a point by point review if the claims in the movie, with linked studies. A good summary: The Science Behind the Top 10 Claims from What the Health

https://blog.bulletproof.com/what-t...hat-the-health/