Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:53
Registered Member

Plan: Please advise fast w.loss
Stats: 297/280/16 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I started Zero carb today or very near to it.

I had a 2 egg omelette with some cheddar cheese (just a couple of slices) for Brekkie

Lunch was a 10 oz steak and half a tin of Tuna with a tablespoon of mayo

And for dinner tonight, fried chicken breast and a piece of lamb chop and I will have had 3-4 litres of water by this evening.

I cook all my food with Olive oil

I hope I am right in eating the above.

Last edited by jamie207 : Mon, Mar-08-10 at 09:42.
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 16:28

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Sounds like a good start, although chicken breast is a bit too low in fat. Olive oil is not best for cooking. Butter, ghee, bacon fat, lard and tallow are better. Even chicken fat is better.
  #1998   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 19:42

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Did I see a recipe for home made sausage on this forum? If so would you mind posting it again. I buy MSG free sausage from Farmland but it still
has a high amount of sodium.

Thanks
  #1999   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 19:50

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
Did I see a recipe for home made sausage on this forum? If so would you mind posting it again. I buy MSG free sausage from Farmland but it still
has a high amount of sodium.

Thanks

hey gf, you might also ask for it on this thread, i might of seen someone post it on here once.,..i will also look for it for you, as i have seen it posted...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=407194
  #2000   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 20:01

BF:

Thanks Stacy

Hope you're doing well with the fast. I think it's a wonderful thing to do for your friend. Thanks for the input on the recipe too! I'm on day 8 for ZC! I feel terrific! Thanks for being an inspiration.
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 20:12

Thanks girl,,,,I found this recipe online, if you want to try it,,,,sounds pretty good and you could just skip the salt...or maybe someone here will share one with you....Congrats on day 8, i am so proud of you and your stats are wonderful already girlfriend...my fast is going well, and I am going to do this weekly..my friend is so worth it, and really needs my prayers...here is that recipe...talk to you later babe,,,,

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
Directions:
1.In a large bowl, combine the pork, salt, pepper, sage and marjoram and mix well with a fork. Knead the sausage into a large ball. (Taste for seasoning by pinching off an olive-size piece of sausage and placing it in a small nonstick skillet. Cook the small piece over medium heat, turning often, until it’s no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste, then add additional salt, pepper or herbs to the sausage mixture as desired.)

2.Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the uncooked sausage mixture for 1 hour. Using your hands, form the meat into 24 uniform balls, then flatten each into a patty.

3.Place 8 of the patties in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels, repeat with the remaining patties and serve.
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 20:26

BF:

Thank you for the info
How do you make your home made beef jerky. I think I could live on jerky, we used to eat it like candy as kids. Anyway, I'd like to make several batches of both the sausage and the jerky. Do you have to have a dehydrator for the best results.
  #2003   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 20:35

I have a dehydrator and we just use a good cut of roast ( we slice it very thin), lite low salt soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, worcheister sauce, black pepper, and we let the meat soak in that over night.....then we squeeze the marinate out of the meat and I put mrs dash spicy on some of it for me and we dehydrate it for about 8-10 hours depending on the sizes of the meat...I like mine a little chewy so I take mine out early..My hubby likes his drier, so he leaves his in longer..I have read where people on here do it in the oven...I will find it for you, give me a bit...I have read these boards for hours and hours, I can probably find you anything...lol
  #2004   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
Thank you for the info
How do you make your home made beef jerky. I think I could live on jerky, we used to eat it like candy as kids. Anyway, I'd like to make several batches of both the sausage and the jerky. Do you have to have a dehydrator for the best results.

I found some info on the jerky,,,you can do it in the oven and everyone kind of adds what spices they like...it goes in a 175 degrees for 6 to 6.5 hrs leave door ajar 2 or 3 inches with meat on a foil lined cookie sheet...

if you decide to do it, i can get exact amount of stuff we use from hubby for you, we love it
  #2005   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 08:12

Plan: Raw Paleo/Blood Type 0
Stats: 113/113/140 Male 5 '8'
BF:

Hey Jamie,

If you want the full benefits of Zero Carb, in my opinion, I'd look up the meats on the Blood Type Diet ~ dadamo.com and incorporate those... I'm a huge proponent of this guys findings and the one thing that is interesting is that he finds that all pork products Alluginate the blood, vs bison, beef, rabbit, chicken, etc.....

To your success on zero carb...
  #2006   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 10:11

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by actualize8
Hey Jamie,

If you want the full benefits of Zero Carb, in my opinion, I'd look up the meats on the Blood Type Diet ~ dadamo.com and incorporate those... I'm a huge proponent of this guys findings and the one thing that is interesting is that he finds that all pork products Alluginate the blood, vs bison, beef, rabbit, chicken, etc.....

To your success on zero carb...

What does this mean? I couldn't find the word when I tried to look it up.
  #2007   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by svince6
What does this mean? I couldn't find the word when I tried to look it up.

I bet he meant "agglutinate." But I don't know what it means.
  #2008   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground pork
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried marjoram

I think I'm the one who keeps posting the sausage recipe. That may be the recipe I started with, but I've increased the fat and seasonings by quite a bit.

Here's the recipe I'm using, which is adapted for making large quantities. I can't promise that it's the same as what I posted last time, because I never measure anything:

Spice mix

1/4 cup black pepper
2 Tablespoons green peppercorns
2 Tablespoons szechuan pepper
1/4 teaspoon cloves
3 Tablespoons sage
1/4 cup unrefined sea salt

Grind in blender or coffee maker. Makes 2-3 batches as follows:

Get 6 pounds of ground pork from the butcher. I ask for extra fatty, which usually means the butcher adds a couple pounds of pork fat to the 6 pounds I already have. If you can't get extra fatty, add about a cup of bacon fat or lard.

Completely cover the meat with the spice mix - basically you shouldn't be able to see any meat under the spices.

Add about 1/4 cup of sauerkraut or kimchi juice. You could probably use lemon juice, vinegar or pickle juice if you wanted, but sauerkraut juice is what I use.

Mix everything in very thoroughly and make patties. They freeze very well, and you can fry them straight out of the freezer.
  #2009   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I think I'm the one who keeps posting the sausage recipe. That may be the recipe I started with, but I've increased the fat and seasonings by quite a bit.

Here's the recipe I'm using, which is adapted for making large quantities. I can't promise that it's the same as what I posted last time, because I never measure anything:

Spice mix

1/4 cup black pepper
2 Tablespoons green peppercorns
2 Tablespoons szechuan pepper
1/4 teaspoon cloves
3 Tablespoons sage
1/4 cup unrefined sea salt

Grind in blender or coffee maker. Makes 2-3 batches as follows:

Get 6 pounds of ground pork from the butcher. I ask for extra fatty, which usually means the butcher adds a couple pounds of pork fat to the 6 pounds I already have. If you can't get extra fatty, add about a cup of bacon fat or lard.

Completely cover the meat with the spice mix - basically you shouldn't be able to see any meat under the spices.

Add about 1/4 cup of sauerkraut or kimchi juice. You could probably use lemon juice, vinegar or pickle juice if you wanted, but sauerkraut juice is what I use.

Mix everything in very thoroughly and make patties. They freeze very well, and you can fry them straight out of the freezer.

Actually the recipe I posted I got from the food network Rachel Ray just to help her out in case no one posted for her...But I was sure I had read a recipe on here and I bet it was yours many, many posts back. I have read these threads so many times..Thanks so much for putting your new recipe up for us, I appreciate it and I am sure others do also...Have a wonderful day..Stacy
  #2010   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-10, 14:15

Plan: dirty carnivore..yeah
Stats: 203/170/160 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Ok..brocolli's gone, gone, gone.

ooh I had 2 fat homemade beef quarter-pounders with cheese for dinner...I'm stuffed.
Those porky burgers sound lush. mmmm szechuan pepper. I put chilli flakes in my burgers tonight.....tasty as....
Closed Thread