Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-14, 06:52
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Venting - Stall/Slight gaining

Okay I am starting to get pissed.

I am hungry basically all the time, really bad sometimes.

So to combat this, I did what everyone suggested I do and increase my calorie intake to get rid of the hunger.

I stop exercising, to give my back a break and to minimize the cramps in my legs.

I have done this since december 6th for food and since end of Nov for exercise.

result is a see saw with my weight varying by a couple of pounds.

December 6th I was 230.25 and today I am 232.75. Gained in 6 weeks 2.5 pounds by eating more and not working out.

And no I didn't cheat over the holidays which pisses me off even more. That makes the gaining of weight even more disheartening.

Did my hunger abate? yes. Did my hand and feet coldness abate? yes. Did my leg and feet cramps abate? yes.

Did I loose weight? No

Did I gain? YES.

I am typing this right now and I am starving. Can't eat until 9 AM (1.5 hours from now). It doesn't matter how much water I drink tried drinking a gallon a day for the month of a november when the hunger and the stalling started coming up. I am still hungry.

I am actually starting to doubt if this last 57 pounds is going to come off.

Since Nov 1 I was 238 and now Jan 10 I am 232.75. 5.25 pounds in 10 weeks (2.5 months).

At that rate I will not get the extra 57.5 pounds off for another 2+ years which honestly I find absurd especially when I can gain 10 pounds in a week (have literally gained 10 pounds in a week in my past)

Another 2+ years of feeling constantly hungry every minute of everyday. I have dealt with it for almost a year and it just gets worse.

It is easier to deal with hunger when you know there is an ending in sight. And right now my ending in sight is way to far in the future for that to motivate me. From athletics I know how to psych myself up to reach a goal. As long as I have a static and forseeable end I can keep going.

Like when I am tired and driving a long distance. I set a goal to get somewhere and I count down the miles, hours, minutes to get to it. Saying okay only this much farther... Now this much farther... getting closer and it is only this amount of time left I need to hang on.

You see that goal line and you mentally work towards it.

My goal line has vanished with the weight loss and finding the motivation to keep going with this hunger is taking every once of will power I have not to just say fuck it my weight is going to stay here(240 say) and that is it.

So I started back on restricting calories and working out this week. And we will see if the weight starts to come off again.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-14, 07:12

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 275/265/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Lovinita: if you have any old food logs go back and see what you were doing then.

Are you getting enough fat?
Hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-14, 08:04
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi newloc, while I didn't keep my journal.

My eating does not vary in the specific meal.

Morning, I increased my Protein by +1-1.5 oz of chicken and increased the salad dressing from 1 serving to 1.5 servings

Afternoon, I increased my Protein by 1-2 oz of steak tip meat. Green beans stayed the same but I increased soaking them in butter before I ate them

Dinner I changed salad dressing (cause i am getting tired of eating ranch 2 times a day) to an Italian based dressing with low sodium. Added 3 tbsp of mozerella cheese and the meat portion stayed the same (6-7 ozs)

In between meals I added a cheese spread that I would eat. 1 tub of it was 500 calories, full fat, hardly any carbs. I would eat a container of it in two days. So an extra 250 calories came from that. And it was basically all fat.

I have tried full fat coconut milk with fat free, sugar free jello pudding. Freezing them into 8 pudding pops in my freezor. 3.5 carbs a piece with 100% fat and 100 calories.

I have done this off and on during my weight loss time. During this time I made these 2 times.

When I eat 2 of those a day. I winde up gaining weight/not loosing weight as well. Lord knows why.

If I was really hungry I would eat an extra salad (same as the salad I had for dinner).

Aside from that, occassionally my dinner protein would go to 10-12 ounces (ie a steak or roasted chicken or a prime rib roast)

All dressings are full fat. Most meats are either fried up in olive oil or marinated in olive oil and cooked on the grill. And the past I have tried coconut oil.

As far as Diary, I know what people say about diary and issues with weight.

I been down the rabit hole to elimate dairy this summer.

Because I am allergic to it.

But then I found out I can't do salt because of an inner ear nerve being damaged and having crystals in my ear.

So no processed meats (ham, turkey, chicken, bacon, sausage, pepperoni, salami) as snacks. I had to stop using my italian dressing I love and go back to ranch and ceasar dressing cause of less salt content.

Tried making my own dressing with lemon and lime. However, lemon and lime just made my hunger worse.

So trying to find things to snack on is pretty much impossible when you take into account Salt, and other foods causing my hunger to worsen.

I am wondering if I have a stomach acid problem. And eating all this roughage food is making it worse. I read somewhere that an overabundance of stomach acid can mimick feelings of being hungry.

I went on prescription strength antacid for my cough issue. I was not hungry at all. But I also had a lot of bloat and pain in my belly from doing that. So after 2 days I stopped

So was it because of excess acid? Or was it because my belly was fully of gas?

As far as the fat goes. I have tried fat bombs long ago to combat hunger and when I ate them it didn't do much for the hunger and if I ate too many of them I basically didn't loose as well.

The hunger seems to abate with a combination of increasing protein and fat (through using a cheese spread)
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 16:02

Plan: no formal plan
Stats: 260/255/160 Female 169
BF:
Progress:

Hi there,
Not sure if this might help but I was looking at Dana Carpender's site (www.holdthetoast.com) and she has just released a new book (i think it's available in ebook format). It's called fat fast. I wonder if this might help break your stall? It would be worth having a look as you seem to have tried so many things.

Have you also tried cutting back on as many "processed" food items as you can (salad dressings, jello, etc). These might possibly be contributing to the stall.

The homemade salad dressing we use (husband is Italian) is to simply add a generous swirl of cold pressed virgin olive oil to freshly prepared salad, followed by a good slosh of red wine vinegar, and sprinkle of "salt" (in your case a lite salt product that provides flavour without sodium). Toss the salad well to mix the oil, vinegar and salt throughout.

It must be so frustrating, having lost so much weight, to feel that nothing is working no matter how hard you are trying.

Anyway, hope Dana's new book might provide extra tips to help you over this hurdle.

Hope it's okay to mention other sites. I am not affiliated in any way with Dana or her site. Just happened to come across the new book when I was looking at her site. I have only just started back on LC myself so don't need to "tweak" things just yet but might need to further down the track.

Best of luck to you and I hope things improve for you.

Last edited by fataweigh : Tue, Jan-14-14 at 16:11.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 16:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%

Too much protein ????

Jo xxx
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 16:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Any of the drugs (OTC or prescription) you're on might be culprits, for both hunger and slowing metabolism. It definitely gets harder as you get closer to goal and you have to start looking at everything and trying new things.

I've been stalled about 30-40 pounds above goal for 8 years, so at some point you just get happy with not gaining.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 19:03
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Sorry that I don't have all the details of your physical issues but.....have you tried to add in a sweet potato with your meals? or 1/2 of one? with butter? You may be at that place where going up the ladder and not increasing your totals is the way to go. That's quite a lot of protein for you at this point.

I know that for me, when I add in a little starch to my meals, I feel full faster.

Please don't give up. You've worked so hard to get to where you are now. You just need to figure out this stall.