Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 21:36
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuukuu
You might mention that the bigger frog when turned over is sexless. And now so is he....

!!!

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-08, 20:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195.2/140/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't think it should be taken bad. What's wrong with 'pudgy'? I always thought that was endearing.

I disagree with the statement someone made about your husband being potentially jealous because you are losing weight. I'm sure he is really glad for you.

Think about this too for a second: how many times have you complained to him that you were 'fat'? Don't you think 'pudgy' is smaller than 'fat'? He is acknowledging your weight loss, actually. I think he was being playful.

Whenever I find that my husband says something that I could take in a bad way, I try to ask myself if he would really think something as negative as I am interpreting it. It is probably something I'm ultra sensitive about which is why I'm immediately going towards the 'being offended' route. Then I decide whether I want to be self-absorbed and ruin both of our day because of my own insecurities, or if I want to let it go and know that he loves me.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-08, 16:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

I think men just don't think at times. My husband isn't keen on the Atkins, and the other night he said, "Your belly is gross." And I looked at him and said, "What?!" and he goes, "No, I meant your stomach is gross." And I'm like, what the hell are you trying to do here?!

He had meant the food I like to eat would be gross to him, but it totally didn't come out that way and my feelings were hurt. So, I hear where you're coming from.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-08, 16:28

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Love is Blind......

From a guy's perspective:

I think he's probably been there for you and yes, you might have over-reacted....

A husband who is truly insensitive would not be out buying frogs with you, don't you think? And surely, he wouldn't be trying to be humorous by holding up two frogs and comparing the two of you to the frogs. I think an insensitive husband would have been looking at something else and letting you choose your own yard decorations and that scenario you described could not have even occured......

Instead of viewing him as too insensitive, my suggestion is to look inward for an answer; such as, you're maybe too sensitive.

When he said; As long as we've been together, we should be able to joke with each other.. Is that a bad thing?

Men and women are different. We can appreciate our differences are we can curse them, it is a choice. One of those choices however does not make for a happy marriage....

Anyway, I hope you've kissed and made up by now and live happily ever after...
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-08, 16:31

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

I think you are reading too much in to this.

He was making a joke and not trying to hurt you.

He wasn't trying to make you feel bad or ruin your day.

I am sure you ruined his though. And you just reduced the odds of him engaging in playful banter with you in the future.

And women wonder why men clam up.