Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 16:28

Plan: crazy nutritionist from endo's office
Stats: 218/207/160
BF:
Progress: 19%
Cool more depression while beginning Glucophage?

Hi everyone, I am so happy to have people to talk to about PCOS. I was diagnosed about 3 months ago. I am now taking 850 mg of Glucophage 3 times a day. Luckily, my periods in the last 3 months have become more regular, but I swear I am having more major mood swings than ever. I used to have really bad PMS, now it seems I am really depressed around the time I am suppossed to ovulate (14 days after the first day of my period). Has anyone else experienced more depression while your body was getting acclimated to the Glucophage? I know it's because my hormones are all crazy and out of whack, but I've spent all weekend crying over absolutely nothing! Thanks so much, I feel better already!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 319/302/180
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default glucophage

Hello,
I don't think that my dosage is high enough. I'm only taking 500mg 2x a day. I don't think anything is different. I have been on my period since early April. I stopped for 2 days in beginning of March, but I started right up again. No one has any answers as to why that is happening. I feel most of the time, especially when I bleed every single day, my husband really doesn't know what to think, and it's hard enough to decipher it for myself, let a lone a man! ha ha
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/Sugar Busters
Stats: 198.5/185/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have had bouts of depression, but i attributed it to my recent PCOS diagnosis, infertility issues for the past 5 years and being overweight and bummed out about it. Everything just overwhelms me and I get so emotionalm but I didn't know if it was the glucophage or just being so stressed out about it all.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

i do not mean to be dumb but what is PCOS? my daughter has to take glucophage. 500mg twice a day.

she has real bad mood swings it usually swings to the mad side. she is 13 and has been diagnosed borderline diabetic for almost 2 years.