Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 19:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 319/195/175 Female 177
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by roesslk
I hear ya' on doing it yourself Annabel - same here. So, how long did it take you to get to a point where you could do the exercise? And actually stick with it without exhausting yourself? Prior to being diagnosed I used to run 3-5 miles 3-5 times a week. Also did some spinning and yoga. During the course of the past 4 years, only once, after I got started on Armour, was I able to exercise and went back to spinning and yoga. Within one month I was so exhausted again I couldn't do it anymore. Now, I sit in the car on the way to work, sit at work, sit on the way home and then sit once I get home. I'm still not optimized, in my opinion, on the thyroid meds because I still feel really tired after a stressful day at work and my muscles ache.

Kathy in NJ

It's taken a year I think, Kathy. My meds are nearly there, but I still get low points with symptoms returning, esp around TOM. I'm thinking of trying Synthyroid, which has T3. At the mo, I'm only on T4.
I used to run marathons, so I know where you're coming from. It really sounds like you're not optimised. Have you got a good doc who can help you? After 4 years, you should be able to exercise, but then this is also dependent on how ill you were before and what 'thyroid damage' your system has.
Do you just take Armour? There are others to try... or increase. Sounds like you might need to up your dose. Go back to the doc and push for more help.

Can anyone else comment on exercise and optimisation?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 21:23
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Synthroid is T4 (no T3), you mean Armour?
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-06, 00:54

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 319/195/175 Female 177
BF:
Progress: 86%

Yes, meant Armour. Hoping that my doc is enlightened.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-06, 01:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/256/180 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress:

[B]I dont know what happened to me... I had 2 things happen at the same time.. don't know which is the cause.. Meds help a little and im at the right dose.. diet and exersise is a must.. even if it takes a while at least your headed in the right direction.. to a healthy new you...
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-06, 12:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Sam...and anyone else who might be able to give me some info....I posted a question about my daughter and who is only 8 and has thyroid antibodies and a slightly enlarged thyroid....Sam, I mentioned you because you mentioned fighting for your daughter which is what I feel like I am doing...I would love to hear your experiences with her...can you all check my question?? Thanks so much!!