Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 21:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/150 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy stress wins once more...

i hate to admit to it, but i have fallen off the wagon for the last three days...and (ggrrrrr..) managed to knock myself out of ketosis (of course)

the first day i just let all of the stress get to me (trying to get ready for ds surgery next week) and so i just ate carbs all day! yesterday i tried to get back on program, but in the evening i ate two small bowls of popcorn. and today, i stayed on program until tonight when i made "breakfast" for our dinner and ended up eating 1 pancake with syrup! (checked fitday for carbs..OMG! never doing that again!)

hubby has been working overtime for the last three nights in a row and has been gone all day and evening (gets home at 11:00 pm) so maybe i am just comfort eating...anyway, totally not happy with myself, but not giving up either.

~~sigh~~

no grins today

Tricia

Hug a Doula!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 21:48

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

I know how horrible it feels when you lose control..

BUT!!! You are still here and your not giving up. Put those bad days to rest and start looking ahead.

After I've made some bad choices and am feeling down on myself, I let each good choice I make lift my spirits and confidence. The other day my dad kept offering me a beer (my downfall). It was so hot outside and I had just cut his grass. He kept telling me how cold the beer was..lol..I held tight and opted for water. It wasn't as satisfying, but I felt my resolve strengthen instantly.

Hang in there and enjoy tommorow. It's a new day!

Joy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/170/150 Female 5 ft  5 in
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Thanks

It makes me feel better when i am reminded that i'm not alone and that everyone has bad days. You guys are so encouraging, it's like having a second family! LOL

ok, it's back to square one for me, but that's ok. I CAN DO THIS!! this too, shall pass...

***grins***

Tricia

Hug a Doula!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 14:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 194/180/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Packy7,
If you remember I think we started at the same time and were at the same weight. Well, it didn't last for me...I kept falling off the wagon.....I was up to 194lbs when I finally decided that enough was enough......I re-did my weight on this site and started this way of life once and for all on the 16th of June.....It is hard at times, but that is why we are all here for each other. Just get up, dust yourself off and start again. I know we can do this with the help of each other and the board. It was such a blessing to find this site....I may not post much, but I am on everyday just reading the posts and it really helps. Good luck to you. Take care

Tannis