Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 15:30
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 195/131/120
BF:
Progress: 85%
Talking Good luck over the holidays

Just wanted to wish all of you out there good luck over the Easter holidays!! I know it's difficult with all the little choco bunnies screaming for you to eat their ears, but be strong! Same with Mom's delicious Easter dinner.

A question - why do holidays and social events in America seem to revolve around eating?? Whatever happened to days at the lake or museum rather than a food fest??

Good luck to you all!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up WE CAN DO IT!!!!

This is it the BIG holiday weekend, htat for some reason seems to revolve around high carb food. Just remember that if you are tempted to cheat you will have to post here and start induction again!! We are all BETTER than carbs and we know it.

Have a great Easter
BE STRONG
BE FOR REAL

Sonja
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 08:12

Stats: 285/195/140
BF:
Progress: 62%
Cool No Candy

I bought a small chocolate bunny for both my kids (21 & 17) and am doing the "minimalist eggs" (white) this year again. They're way too old for the whole Easter basket thing, but they're spoiled and have come to expect it. I made a chocolate cake for my sister's house that I won't touch, leave the leftovers there and I made Pizza Rustica and won't eat any of the crust, but the rest is eggs, cheese, prosciutto and a bit of some other Italian meats. I ate the leftover pot cheese, oh my god it was good!

I think I'll be fine today, don't anticipate there being too much temptation. My mother has congestive heart disease which means she's finally cut back on salt and will be making a pork roast which means I won't have to eat the sweet-coated ham. I'll take one of my low-carb chocolate bars with me, just in case.

Best of luck to everyone! Eat something low carb before the feast, it'll help.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 08:49

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Umm actually you don't start induction again.

Wrong way to do Induction
Take a look at that thread. If you do however partake in the dreaded choco ears, you may or may not need to drop back to induction levels for a few days to get you back into ketosis.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 18:31
Registered Member

Stats: 279/257/155
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think this was one of my best holiday meals in years! My sister and I went to a very nice Easter brunch buffet, and there were so many low-carb goodies to feast on!

I had tender juicy roast beef, buttered asparagus, and a very nice salad w/oil & vinegar. While my sis had her dessert, I enjoyed two cups of aromatic coffee with real cream. :-)

The nicest part of this was that I didn't feel at all deprived, and after eating I wasn't the least bit bloated or sleepy. This WOL is such a blessing for me.

Hope everyone else here had a good low-carb day and enjoyed their family get-togethers!

Phyllis (aka Cat Lady)
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 18:44

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I did very well today. Went to my step sister's house where there were high carb goodies galore, but I was good and had only the ham (non-sugar coated), some broccoli and a few deviled eggs. I also brought along a low carb chocolate bar for when everyone else was eating their cake and pie. My dad, who is a doctor and has been watching my progress with great interest, said he was proud of me for sticking with it and also asked me a lot of questions about what I'm doing...so far he approves and even commented that when he was just starting his practice, low carb was the diet of choice to treat diabetics (understand that this was in the 40's) and doesn't understand why they ever changed the recommendation to high carb. That felt really good. My step mom also commented that I just keep getting smaller every time she sees me.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 195/131/120
BF:
Progress: 85%

Dear All:

Unfortunately, I did not do as well as some of you. One of our horses got seriously injured at about 5:30 AM Easter morning. He had a gash in his chest so large I could (and had to!) put my entire hand in. He almost bled to death, and as a result I spent my ENTIRE day in his stall with him. My neighbor, wonderful person that she is, took all my stuff I got for the Easter dinner and made it for my kids and husband (who was in the barn with me and the horse). She brought us plates, and I didn't screw totally up - I did have a roll and she glazed AND injected the ham with this really great honey praline stuff that I would never have used, but who can complain? I also had pea salad (a southern concoction with peas, mayo, boiled eggs, etc. No dessert ( I was proud of myself because she brought it and I left it even though I was SOOOO hungry - I usually snack all day). Back to about 25 carbs for a few days to straighten myself out - I feel horrible - tired, achy, and depressed - partly due to the horse, but partly due to the praline stuff, I'm sure.

congrats to all!!

Anna